[Custom dungeon] The Tower of Champions [RTC] [Adamski]

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: [RTC] Tower of Champions

Post by Gambit37 »

IMHO, Zed isn't joking. And he has some valid criticisms, the same way we had valid criticisms about his own dungeons. What the individual does with those criticisms is up to them. You can decide if the criticisms offer anything useful, and if so, improve your dungeon. Or ignore them. It's no big deal either way.

Of course, a wise person will selectively do both. ;-)
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

There is a huge difference between constructive criticism (yours) and destructive, gratuitous and offensive criticism. The choice is simple. I took my biggest choice when I decided among building my dungeon in a couple of hours or working with more care.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I absolutely agree with you. For what it's worth, I don't think Zed is being offensive -- sometimes, people can't express themselves well in text or what they meant can be misinterpreted.

Anway, back to my work -- the sooner I can finish this annoying client project, the sooner I can get back to your marvellous dungeon :)
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Marvellous (maybe) but seriously bugged :)
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Exactly how bugged is the current version Adamski? I don't have time to play your dungeon before Christmas anyway, but it seemed that there were already quite a few updates. How stable and "final" is the current version? Or is there a new version coming soon? Just curious.

As for Zed's criticism: I agree that it can be understood offensively in parts and that some points may seem weird. But don't forget the language barrier. Lots of people here (including me, Adamski, and Zed) are not native English speakers. I often find it hard to express myself in written words, and it is much harder in another language. If the reader's native language is yet another one, the possibility for confusion and misunderstanding is even higher. So let's all keep it cool - we are all here for fun after all.
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

I'm not sure... it needs a stress test (the 2.0). It's hard finding out how many items can be created without crashing the game. I suggest to wait the next version (3.0), after a long and accurate test.
we are all here for fun after all
I agree with you and it is the reason for which it's better stopping this "dispute"
RAF68
Lo Master

Post by RAF68 »

me I find the plays of adamski very good quality of the GREAT ART !!!, I awaits the next version impatiently, :) good luck adamski for the new version :)
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Thanks RAF :P , I need 2 or 3 day to finish it
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

I will try to play it again later, am very curious what is in game behind moment where am stuck. In fact only slow game speed stop me, every bad ideas may be ignored and accept as someone individual vision.
Last edited by Zed5Duke on Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

That's the trouble with puzzle areas, trying to figure out all the ways things could logically be combined together but other people :( I think Monkey Island sticks with me in that regard, some puzzles I got right away, and others I seemed to have tried every combination but one thazt was the solution :(

Where are you stuck in the game? If it's early, it sounds like waiting for adamski's version 3 might stop the slow down.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

Am stuck in moment when need to be fast in game, because delay between press arrow and movement. If can be fixed to be faster then ok i could play it.
money
On Master

Post by money »

Completed with version 1.0 at last with a fair bit of help... 22 hours 10minutes a 3 seconds with 52114 steps an 7/36 (19% secrets done)..

This is great, and I'll definitely re-try with the latest version...Thanks Adamski for a brilliant game!
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Hey, thanks for updating us with the info Money! Obviously paternity leave has been spent trying to change clothes in dark and damp places.
money
On Master

Post by money »

lol - baby not due till mid April :) Sure that will mean a bit of down time!
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

Ok, this dungeon looks nice, but I can't pass Bramud because I open the door, get stuck in front of the iron grate beyond and get killed.
However, it's good to find a dungeon which has some thought in background.

PS: Since when monsters are fast in RTC ?
You don't need to make Bramud THAT fast, in any case the player is too weak to fight a dragon face-to-face.
(unless you're called Parallax/Antman/Rain'/Lunever and have a stock of spare mice)
What Is Your Quest ?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Welcome to a whole new way of playing RTC :-)

This dungeon isn't like normal games and contains lots of unique mechanics. Bramud is fast, plus he has an uncanny ability to follow you... if you need hints, check out the hint thread for this dungeon. http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... 31&t=28357
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Any news on the new version? Itching to get going again!

50000 steps seems very good! I think I have done 10x that just exploring and running back and forth!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I have the dm.com stuff set up on my new machine now, so I need to upl;oad all these things to alternate servers, and also update the dungeon list!
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

22 hours? 50K steps? What the hell? :shock:

All of this sounds really impressive. I'm looking forward to playing this dungeon eventually.
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

:D Good work money, you are the first player who has completed the game, but the real goal should be finding all the secrets (some are very hard). Thanks for your opinion.
The test of the 3.0 is in progress and I'll finish as soon as possible. I said "last sunday", but I prefer more time to be sure that the game is really stable. I'm also waiting an answer by George Gilbert on the RTC Bugs Topic I've opened (tomorrow I'll send him an e-mail)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I don't think you'll get a response from George as he's not working on RTC currently and not engaging with the forum. If he does agree to look at the problems though, please ask him to release 0.50 as it fixes some crucial things that I need for Maze of Zagor! :-)
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

Why, does RTC 0.50 fix silly dungeon names ?
What Is Your Quest ?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

:(
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

Just kidding. Maze of Zagor is perfectly fine. But why not Yagor ? it sounds dm-rune-ish anyway !
What Is Your Quest ?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Because it's the name of the evil dude in the gamebook I'm adapting. Zagor is The Warlock of Firetop Mountain. See here:
http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... 31&t=28196
Joramun
Mon Master

Post by Joramun »

Ok ;) But then, why not something like... Firetop Mountain ? Mountain Warlock ? Firetop Warlock ? who's gonna sue you for that anyway ?
Btw: it's a great idea, this is one of the best gamebook I've played. And unlike "sorcery" books (-» some of conflux ), it can be finished without cheating.

I'm wondering: who's gonna adapt The Lone Wolf series in dungeon master ?
What Is Your Quest ?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Answers to your question can be found in the work in progress thread in the developers forum. This is a private area - let me know if you want to join.

Anyway, let's get back on topic, Tower of Champions! :)
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Gambit, why don't you post some screenshots? When the release? Perhaps your game will be ready before the 3.0 of Tower of Champions ,lately I'm working slowly because don't have much time :roll:
Ok, I commit myself to finish it before Christmas. It will be as a Christmas gift, so in January I'll be able to continue with the next chapter: "The nine Worlds"
Last edited by Adamski on Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RAF68
Lo Master

Post by RAF68 »

me I impatiently await to it new version of tower of champion :D
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Adamski wrote:Gambit, why don't you post some screenshots? When the release?
There's some screenshots in the developer's forum, would you like to join it? The release date will probably be this time next year, but I might release a demo before that.