[RTC] Tower of Champions HINTS & HELP *SPOILERS*

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Re: [RTC] Tower of Champions

Post by PaulH »

Lol, nah, but what a legend!

Right stuck in the thieves guild.
Spoiler
I am at the 12 knives and 12 stars part. I must have had 50 attempts at this, have pressed the button at the end and backtracked to where there is a door but I am usually dead when I get there. What do I do?
I am inclined to agree with Gambit, it needs more difficulty testing.
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Paul, maybe I understand your problem:
Spoiler
You die because a star hits you in the back: must wait all the 12 stars and "dodge" them. Then you can go back to the door.
RAF68
Lo Master

Post by RAF68 »

When I received the images with blood?
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

im now at the warrior gild and have to bring a heavy key to the "shame altar"
where is it?
and whats about the leaver + mirror at this room?
dont understand this riddle
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

It's not a shame altar,
Spoiler
it's a shame pit. These were in the arena
. However, I think it's a red herring at this early stage in the adventure:
Spoiler
you can't possibly carry the key back without drinking strength potions, so you'll need to have some magic before you can carry it

The lever just opens the gate to this room as far as I can tell. Not sure about the mirror.
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

ah, yes i realize...
Spoiler
i have throw the key all the way...put it down one of those pits but i tond think something happens.
Spoiler
down at pits are a new weapon, some bone, at middle teleporter up and some doors i cannot open.also a alcove (where the sword are) and i could see one chest behind a door. and there is same "mini-chest" like in the room the key was. but here are no leaver to put the "mini-chest" into a mirror. i think both have something with each other ..to do
edit:
Spoiler
i now realize that i could wear the key...maybe its a bug
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

Spoiler
to bring key back? hmh
back means at this point back to the shame pit. under those shame pits in this room are one pit over the treasure item. i let put the key down from pit belo and jump into it...nothing happens. i jump with key in my hand..nothing happens.. maybe the room where the key was found have to be left while the treasure item are seen = door closed...and if the champ strong enough, he could bash the door?
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

correct!
Spoiler
potion?
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

Spoiler
ah, ok. thats why i found a str potion...cant remember where it was, i think at the "4 champs" room whith hidden rune,teleporter etc.
i also have found a angled key...think its for the dragen cave falling down the pits..but not looked yet, cause i dont find it anymore HEHE
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Spoiler
angled key? where? do you mean a clan key? or a ir key?
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

solved...very lovely one...
:))))
Spoiler
the "ya" key...i say "angeld" cause i have first to look how this rune are called.
i also have a "ir" key. i hope this one is to open the water fountain? i now need water cause my leg are broken...and i still was at priest guild and took the both water flask, at alcoves. there was scroll which told me one for very powerless, and one for health. i think i have to make "ya" and "vi" potions, put zthem into the right alcove to open the door between. but i thought that i could do this later, if i have water...i hope it wasnt mistake
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Spoiler
ok, the ya key inside the flying chest... the ir is for the fountain; no problem with the potion riddle at priest guild, you can solve it using either the 2 water flasks or new water taken from the fountain
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

Spoiler
oh nice! at the "4 champs" room..i think it was this place:
the first teleporter: from warrior guild i solved worked. but i think its better to let them work by "all objects" ...cause i try to let items fly for selling them. its not important item, but if a player throw a important one i think he cannot get it back
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Thanks Lai, I've corrected other teleports with the same problem, but I haven't noticed these.
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

the fortune isnt the water fountain?!
hmh
think this is another place?
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

the well of fortune? the fountain is
Spoiler
next to the tower
Last edited by Adamski on Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

i dont understand what im doing here...hehe
i cannot find the tower and the water fountain...it seems i always walk in a circle
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Spoiler
having in front the shop door (where you buy the food), turn right and go into the forest
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

then im at well of fortune
edit:
ah..in front...
ok, i go have a look
Spoiler
i found the tower and the sewers which is open by leaver. i think now im stuck...have two lockpits, theres two holes in front of the generator, but i always die...hmh
Spoiler
i have wear the clothes from the bones..dont work.the pillars,doors, walls,generator arent attackble
solved...
im very very impressed!

editet my very very dumb english mistake i ever seen
Last edited by Lai on Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

im now at the priest guild
Spoiler
i have get the rain stuff (i think i understood those riddle with the flasks instantly cause i have build something like this in my dungeon), and kill those ghost between the door (lightning trap seems to dont work against him). i also have found the magical seeds, but dont understand at which place their have to plant. one idea was, that i have to plain them under a hole in the ceil in order to could move one stairs up at same place. but this seemed not to be the clue. to bash the trees arent good idea.
all in all im totally stucked at this guild...theres no places i have any idea how do manage the riddles.
maybe its way im tired now...i played for 8hours cause ITS BIG FUN
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

I begin to play first version 1.0 but quickly give up and now i will try fixed 1.1.1

Begining was just great, i like such style and i tryed to make something similar in Nightkin where begin in prison room and need to think lot to escape, but i dont known so much RTC mechanic.

Ok but there was few problems: (there are few spoilers)
Spoiler
-I was sure that i must use dart to press switch and i do it few times without results, after several click finally i touch that button. This should not happend because some players could try only once and then search other way.
-If you take dart from scroll then message from it disappear and this is bug, because its no logic.
-I expect that i must take belt from pants to make hammer, and after few attempts tryed shirt and it work, anyway it look like tiny thread and use it as rope is funny idea.
-I found crack on wall and button only when hold candle, so am worry that in lack of light i could not see something important.
-Ok puzzles in first room i solved in few minutes, there was no problems, but then i go down and realized its too dark. I hold one candle mostly in backpack but it burns out anyway, i found second too late. This is crazy when hold two candles i have minimum light and one give nothing. This is wrong when i hold one candle and see 100% darkness. And here i stop playing version 1.0
-I have idea about broke mirror to make weapon, or bash wall using wood chair, take belt from pants, press swith by stick, but work only ideas designed by creator. There should be more possibilities, already i found that things can be solved only in weird unexpected way by experiment everything on everything.
-There was many not logic elements like why prisoner have mirror and secret alcove with metal piece which is open by button. Maybe he should have secret alcove with hammer made from rock and scroll with plan to escape, behind picture of naked woman.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

Spoiler
don't understand your problem with the dart: it's tiny, you have to push exactly this little point. The scroll is not a bug: when you throw it, it activates an action, create an item on floor (the dart); you must specify what the scroll must become after throwing: another scroll; but it becomes a default scroll, which is empty. The chair must be a steel chair to break the wall! The stick is too big to push the button and the belt... there could be many reason for this
Spoiler
-Yeah try to push exacly in point in one attempt, that point have probably size of one pixel because i push it many times without results
-I take dart from scroll and message dissappear, anyway throw scroll to create dart, there was no writen that is magic scroll, just message of player feelings that he dont need it, ok i dont need then i may place it on ground not throw, will it also create dart this way? Its not logic
-I remember playing Severance Blade of Darkness where he used many obiects from ground as weapon (bone, bucket), and he break wall without hammer, thats why am feel that build hammer to break wall was too obviously, and should be some alternate way to do it using available stuff. I mean search in prison secret alcove with metal or bash wall by boulder or chair, what is more logic to you?
-Why not take belt, is it less logic that take thread from shirt? Ayway try to take thread from shirt and use it to climb, again belt would be more usefull and dont tell me not because once in real world i used belt to climb.
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

oh... :(
12:54

@ the start discussion: i dont think that this matters or need to be changed. the only thing are
Spoiler
to hit the button with dart needs several times to hit, cause it seemed to be very tiny. at the start this is no problem at my opinion, but if there are switches like this around the dungeon without a clue the player wouldnt found it
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

AH COOOL
:)

priest guild:
ok, i realize yesterday i was very tired it seems. i have a tiny idea what to do, but fail at one point:
Spoiler
im sure the trees have to be planted at places a hole beyond them, cause their net LOTS of water. lots of water must denote rain.
i found a rain staff, and there are the waether station. a scroll told me at the massive stone table, i need the "OH" rune (thats what i understand) and i think im right, cause i could see this rune behind the outback. but i have no idea how to catch it. the "clue?!" with elektra i do not understand...hmh..i will take a look if the ghost-vase are named
edit:
Spoiler
no, it dont..hmh
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Read every scroll and be sure to have some
Spoiler
priest levels. Elektra: you will understand later...
Last edited by Adamski on Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

Spoiler
ah, ok. i do not have any priest level. i am very stingy and so i have only drink two potions yet all the game.ok, then i will go with my rain staff and get some priest levels. i think he would help me to realize when the level is high enough
edit:
Spoiler
does to make dex pots are good for gain, or doesnt it matter what i make? cause i havent enough money to buy enough from the other reagent.
i cant remember if this was playing this version, but at start i dont know the meaning of the reagents and just eat them and later sell them :mrgreen:
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

You will be able to use the staff only when
Spoiler
you are a novice (level 2). You can notice this when a new attack method will appear using the staff.
Yes, making potions allows you to gain priest experience.
Last edited by Adamski on Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

Spoiler
ah, ok...this (with the staff & his attack method) i was telling about...hehe i hope my money are enough
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Instead you can look for the magic book: it isn't difficult getting it
Last edited by Adamski on Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

ROFL! That's the second most ridiculous spoiler-free discussion I've ever seen! :D

And I'm really very sad that I don't have time to play this game. :(
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!