[RTC] Tower of Champions HINTS & HELP *SPOILERS*

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
IskraTS11
Neophyte

Re: [RTC] Tower of Champions HINTS & HELP *SPOILERS*

Post by IskraTS11 »

Damn, I haven't played it and spoiled myself to hell and back but... It made me want to play it even more!
My fate is terrible: I now have to finish the vanilla game ASAP so that I can discover fan content... What a curse!
hansblieb
Craftsman

Post by hansblieb »

very amazing after playing a lot of legend of grimrock mods to play original dungeonmaster mods. i finnished return to skullkeep and i play now this mod feels like dungeonmaster meets monkey island...i was take a walk with a skelleton in the priestguild now.
some things take a very long time.. bash trough walls in the dragon cave. but i get i finr axe for reward. its hard to play the game with one champion and no magic (i missed my fireball..).
hansblieb
Craftsman

Post by hansblieb »

i have made it to the clock room.. https://youtu.be/E4f1YHcf6ZQ very funny to walk in the mine and there comes a big lizard around the corner from lands of lore.....!!! also in the clock room. when the clock activate the spinning cog monsters from lands of lore are lurking around the room and turns your weapons into old rust...
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

hansblieb: Looks like there is a hesitation in response time between the casting and the resulting response.
Have you enjoyed the gameplay? Does it have the same feel as the original?
"Wuuf's big brother"
hansblieb
Craftsman

Post by hansblieb »

masterwuuf, is this your dungeon thanks a lot for it.... this forum is a little bit a mess when i search for a clue.. but i made it now to the most chaotic level i ever playes in a dungeon game.. it feels sometimes as wizzardry 5 bane of the cosmic force.. the most hard adventure i played!! https://youtu.be/e4csqa39HC0
hansblieb
Craftsman

Post by hansblieb »

i recordit it with bandicam.. the sound is somewhere to late ..
the music is from the french zheul band art zoyd.. i played that music always from 1989 it i play a dungeon game!! listen to their albums nosferatu and berlin you come totaly in the right atmosphere
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

hansblieb wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:36 am masterwuuf, is this your dungeon thanks a lot for it.... this forum is a little bit a mess when i search for a clue.. but i made it now to the most chaotic level i ever playes in a dungeon game.. it feels sometimes as wizzardry 5 bane of the cosmic force.. the most hard adventure i played!! https://youtu.be/e4csqa39HC0
This isn't my dungeon.

It appears that some of the creatures are far more deadly in this game. One hit from some of them nearly wiped out your group.
"Wuuf's big brother"
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I think it’s more that spells (in particular lightning) are a little over powered in RTC, combined with some of his champions being a bit weak on health.
I didn’t find the monsters in general to be unreasonably deadly.

@hansblieb
The dungeon was made by Adamski.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
hansblieb
Craftsman

Post by hansblieb »

i have very often crashes and i must do a hard reset? what can be the reason?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I don’t know.
I played v3.3 and v4.0 from start to finish, and I think it only crashed once.

What kind of crash is it?
Is it an access violation, or does it freeze? Is there any slow down?
hansblieb
Craftsman

Post by hansblieb »

its slows down and freeze
hansblieb
Craftsman

Post by hansblieb »

and i am in the gem level now but i cannot find the topaz key or is that key in the stairs level?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I can’t remember which specific keys are for which doors, but I’m certain the key is on the gems level and not in the stair maze.
Are you in the first big room of the level?

I remember that there is something you need to find through the door closest to the stairs. I think there is something shooting around a room and you have to get it to drop on a pad. Maybe it is the key, but I’m not sure.

You’re getting close to the end now.
hansblieb
Craftsman

Post by hansblieb »

i have shoot a flying rune in the gem level.. and down in the stairs i found secret alcoves with 3 pieces of tech armour.. the treasure room with the blood keys i do it later and the bug.. i played also the mods ravenhood and crypt of the shadow lord last days with no problems. . i downloaded rtc v 49 again and copy the modules map with the safegame files into and its goes much better.. 1 x in an hour i must restart the game. mostly when i use the mouse and keyboard together.
Prince of Elves
Craftsman

Post by Prince of Elves »

I don't know if that causes the issue, but ToC is packed to the very amount of what RTC can take with items, mechanics and stuff. So maybe you hoarded too much, though I think Adamski put in guards against that...
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

The cause won’t be the number of objects. RTC will run perfectly normally with the object count even just one below max. I’ve reached the limit in a couple of my own dungeons and had to make concessions in order to finish them.
Unless you’re creating lots of objects in game, the number reduces throughout the game as anything destroyed, consumed, etc, is removed from the total number. In a large dungeon, you’ll generally see your saved game files reducing in size over the course of play.
Also, if it exceeds the maximum number of objects you get an access violation crash, not a freeze.

That said, if lots of complex mechanics haven’t deactivated for some reason, and are all still running at the same time, then it could be the reason.

@hansblieb
I still have a lot of saved games from ToC. If you like, I could look for one from a similar position to where you are in the dungeon, and send it to you to see if it still crashes.
hansblieb
Craftsman

Post by hansblieb »

its good i am in the gem room now..
iwhen i played the mod return to skullkeep there was a alarm going off in the temple by the guards. and the sounds are going back every time i visit a level on the niveau where the cellar was maybe i activating something in tower of the champions. what is going on and do,nt stop. thew problem began in the tower after i finished the sewer. and when i go back to the guilds the errors going on.
hansblieb
Craftsman

Post by hansblieb »

i loaded a safegame from Saumun and send him my last safe file.. this is his report

I downloaded the saved game from your link.
I tried it three times, and each time it froze within a minute.

So... I would say it is due to something that has happened within the game itself, and nothing to do with any settings.
I say this because I have played through the dungeon twice on my own computer without any problems, and did not change any settings to play your saved game but got the same slow down and freeze that you did.
Therefore I think you have encountered a bug. Unfortunately I don't know where it happened because I did not get the same bug when I played.
My only suggestion is to either go back to a saved game before it started to happen, or play on from the saved game I sent you.
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

I've been playing Tower of Champions, what a great game!! I hadn't realized how much RTC was capable of... I think I started a game a long time but had some issue with RTC and keybindings that made it difficult to play.
Spoiler
I'm currently in the Clockwork Tower, I had already played through most of it then realized one part needs to be done before day 13 (I'd flicked the switch in the electricity area a bunch of times...). I thought this part may let me into the treasure chamber on this level, so I loaded an earlier save and solved this part which gave me a nice item but not access to the treasure chamber. I think I found all the secrets on the level except for the treasure chamber now, although I haven't defeated the time demon yet, I'm not sure if it can be done with only one champion.

My question is, is there a time limit on getting into the treasure chamber? There's a scroll there that seems to imply so. I'm trying to play without many hints but I don't want to miss out on the treasure chamber due to a time limit. Anyone have a hint for it? Otherwise I can trying trawling through this thread but there's a lot of other spoilers.
There's loads of other stuff I haven't figured out but I think I can do so later. Again, what a great game!
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Hi antman

There is a way to stop definitly the clock, you must have some special stuff to fight the timedemon. Once the clock definitly stop you should access to the treasure room...
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

Yep I know how to get the special stuff and got the special item to pause the clock. Ok I'll try beating the time demon first and see what happens with the treasure room. Thanks!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

When you’ve beaten the time demon...
Spoiler
you’ll be able to do something to permanently stop the clock.
However, be sure to stop the clock when the way to the treasure room is open, because I think it closes forever if you don’t.
If I’m remembering this right, there is a time which leaves the shop and the way to the treasure room permanently open.
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

Thanks Saumun.
Spoiler
Ok I've killed the demon and can permanently stop time. I've tried stopping time with access to the treasure room open (also flicking the switch in the electricity place a bunch of times will cause it to open as well) but I still don't know how to enter the treasure room and don't want to permanently miss out. The only clue seems to be it opens at ten but don't be late... any hints for it?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

It has been a while since I played and I’m not at my computer, but as far as I remember, there is another way in.
I could be wrong here, but I think...
Spoiler
it’s connected to the end of the level after you’ve gone through the last door, near the stairs up... but I can’t remember exactly what opens the way.
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

You're right, it's actually surprisingly easy to open the treasure chamber after going through the master key door.
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Thx you forward antman.

For adamski, i finished Toc 4.0 a second time and i found several death end in the cellar
1/ In the sewer under the cellar if you take ladder 1 (without open any flood door) and go to the doors riddle with switchs. Once open the last door you will in a dead and all doors closed and you cannont back because the first door still close even if all switch are off
2/ If you go first in grate 1, solve the riddle with water pressure, open the flood door you return to the doors riddle with switchs but from the other side it's the same you are unable to open the the first door to get the ladder 1
3/ If you use the blow horn after activate the ghost before it spawns, the ghost never appear it's good to solve the cellar but you never get the "EW" rune
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

Looks like I'm stuck on the Gem level. This level has great puzzles!
Spoiler
I'm at the area with a topaz lock and a master lock but no keys for either. I got an item onto the pad nearby and heard a door open somewhere but that's it. I tried throwing all sorts of items and gem combinations through the three disappearing walls but nothing worked. Any hints?

I also opened the turquoise door and found the champion, is there a way to turn the lightning off? It's really loud...

Also another thing, I finally found the des rune and how to read magic scrolls and text. In the mage's guild there's an area where it says "keep at least one screamer alive" but I had killed them all a long long time ago. Is that area forever unsolvable now? That would be very sad :(

Also any hints for the heavy key puzzle in the warrior's guild? I come back to it every so often but can't figure out what to do. Something to do with the three light switches that seem to have no effect?
Ok that's enough hint asking for now :)
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

Actually:
Spoiler
Never mind about the "keep at least one screamer alive" place being inaccessible forever, I was able to bonsai throw a screamer back over there :D On the other hand I still wasn't able to open the treasure chamber there...
Edit: Ok never mind that either :p I was able to use the same technique for that treasure chamber.
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Hi antman

About the gem level the topaze key can be found in the begining of this level.
Each black pad open a door nearly once your party is over (keep a item on it does not work).
Spoiler
The goal of this level is to use red and blue gem to route throwable item over the door nearly opened but with your party staying on the black pad.
For the bonsai
Spoiler
You can minize screamer in the special room, just use war cry to put screemer inside this room and minimize it.
If you don't have banzai cage because you throw i to an inaccessible area. you can buy a new one in the shop at the clock level
The other solution is to search around the pit with the golem near the treasure entrance, you must find a way to fall a screamer using the magic pit and use war cry to put the screamer on the green pad in the lower level. Once the screamer in this pad the ra door will open for a quick moment, you should access to treasure room from another way.
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

Thanks jahmiann.
Spoiler
I think I've already put items on all the pads and opened the doors/closed the pits. But still no sign of the topaz key, any hints for exactly where it is?