[RTC] Tower of Champions HINTS & HELP *SPOILERS*

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Saumun
High Lord

Re: [RTC] Tower of Champions HINTS & HELP *SPOILERS*

Post by Saumun »

I’m struggling to remember which key is for which door on the gem level, but I’m sure you can get everything by using the gems.

In reference to a couple of earlier questions...
Spoiler
The loud lightning. Have you redirected it to the large crystal? I thought the lightning turned off after striking the crystal (I may be misremembering this).
Spoiler
In the warrior guild, my recollection is that you carry the heavy key to the room below the arena, and put it in an alcove.
There is nothing critical to the story. I think you just get a weapon.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Antman wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:22 am Thanks jahmiann.
Spoiler
I think I've already put items on all the pads and opened the doors/closed the pits. But still no sign of the topaz key, any hints for exactly where it is?
Spoiler
The topaz key is behind the ligthting shooter near mirror of zenith
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

Ah thank you, I'm unstuck :)
Spoiler
I did not realize you could get behind the lightning bolts, I was avoiding that area as they were very loud and annoying.

For heavy key, I see, I already have the sword. I thought it was involved in opening the treasure chamber, ok I guess there is some other way to open that one...
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I think the heavy key...
Spoiler
IS connected to the treasure room, but I can’t remember exactly how. Something to do with the shame pit? I can’t remember where the picture of the treasure chest is. I need to play through this again because my memory is becoming hazy.
Spoiler
It’s not essential to open the treasure rooms, but you can’t access the final one unless you have opened all of the others.
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

For the heavy
Spoiler
you need to bring the heavy key faster as possible from its alove to black lock locate in the shame pit under the arena
The fastest way is to take the teleport near the key to back at the start of the warroir guild then fall in the shame pit from the arena.
The timer start when you switch the levert near the heavy key.
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

Spoiler
It was actually the door where the switch was that was the problem, I didn't realize it could be bashed. I had tried a few times with different weapons and attacks which didn't work, then Zenith was able to open is with simple bash. After that it was easy, not sure if there was a timer involved or not.

Also, the fight with Xanathar the beholder, was hilarious. I guess he's supposed to hit you with lightning/fireballs but I only had one party member standing on the left side and it seems the spells appear on the right, so all his spells just hit himself instead. So he just blew himself up while I chopped away at him :lol:
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Out of interest, which version are you playing?
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

Version 4.0, that's the latest right?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Yes. I asked because I remember some differences in the boss fights between v3.3 and v4.0 (I think v4.0 had better boss fights, so you’re playing the best version IMO).
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

Ok I seem to be stuck again...
Spoiler
I've found Chaos, I can beat him up a bit until he gets mad. I've a got the sun orb (also a couple of corbums) but not sure how to use it so I guess I need the firestaff first. I found where it is but need to finish the big circle riddles. I think I've got two to go. The one I'm up to says something about looking like a king and taking the fast shift, any hints?

Other questions, now that I'm near the end:

The 60 day door, I finished the clockwork tower a long time ago... Can I open this door? Flicking the time switch 60 times doesn't seem to help.

The number game, I calculated a magic number, but I have no idea where to use it so I can walk forward, turn around and go up... Maybe this is the last circle riddle? So maybe I'll get a hint after the king one.

I think I'm missing treasure chamber H, or I found it and forgot. I've done the 12 others for sure. It's in between the cellar, G, and the clocktower, I, so maybe it's in the sewers?

There's a ruby key door in the library, but I haven't found a key.

There's probably something somewhere I can do with Elektra, but I don't know what.

Vigor door, I'm not sure how to open this. There's also another portcullis nearby I haven't opened (and the nine worlds door but I assume that opens later).

I tried 'clearing up the sky with seven lightnings' by shooting 7 lightnings outside (and at chaos), thought it might activate the sun orb but it didn't do anything. What is that scroll referring to?

There's three clickable light switches in the warrior's guild, what do they do? I haven't seen any effect and tried all the combinations.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

You don’t need...
Spoiler
the firestaff to defeat chaos. You need lightning to break open the orb, but the lightning referred to are the lightning strikes on the roof of the tower.
The fast shift thing is...
Spoiler
in the sewer. You need to dress like a king when you use it. You should have got something after defeating the beholder on the gem level.
I think the 60 day door...
Spoiler
only opens if you let the clock tower go over 60 days before stopping it.
I could be wrong about this, but it isn’t essential anyway. You can use a spell or the rainbow wand to look through.
I didn’t figure out what to do with the magic number.

I don’t know which treasure chamber ‘H’ is but there is one on each level of the tower, so if you’re sure you missed one then check each level.

For the ruby key...
Spoiler
did you find a grave that you couldn’t escape from in the graveyard? You should have the grapple by now.
Vigor door...
Spoiler
look carefully at the word. You’ll need to open that library door first.
Light switches in the warrior guild...
Spoiler
I’m not entirely sure about these, but I thought one opened a wall to the great hall entrance for the warrior teleport.
I may well be wrong about this one.
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Hi

What is about jinius gem ?
i finished TOC a second time but i have all secrets expect jinius room.

Can i have any glue ?

According to the room there are:
- 1 jinius game per guild
- 1 jinius game from azel tomb
- 1 jinius per each tower level
- 1 jinius from sewer
Spoiler
I have two jinius gem
- From sir richard
- From jinius room
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I thought there were only two junius gems.
If there are more, I don’t know where they are.

I don’t think the treasure rooms are connected to junius.
Spoiler
It has been a while since I played, but I thought you entered junius’ chamber through a teleport in pit madness.
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

Thanks for the hints! I was able to finish :)
Spoiler
Took me a while to realize I had to make chaos angry, be on the roof and then get hit by him. I had done all combinations of two of those things. I noticed there are some other rooms on top of the tower according to the magic map, but they seem unreachable.

I see, I had missed the sound at the 'Royal Teleporter', you really have to take good notes of anything out of ordinary. Also bringing the crown there, that was a tough riddle!! I completed all the circle riddles, then went back to the firestaff after defeating chaos, but it was gone :o I guess you have to get it before defeating chaos? Or does it teleport somewhere else? I don't want to fight all the moon monsters again. Also, the fight with the four beholders in that area is very tough, with just a red gem as a reward!

That second pit in the graveyard where the ruby key is, what opens that? I opened it once before but had no idea how, couldn't find it again and forgot about it. But it was open again after defeating chaos so I was able to get the key.

I did miss treasure chamber H, and so also the final treasure chamber (I think I know where it is). I had a good look through the sewers with my magic map but didn't spot it. Any hints for that one? I found treasure chambers on all other tower levels.

The 60 day door, I tried the see through walls spell but could only see a corridor. Sad to miss out but maybe I can catch it on another play through.

What was the deal with giggler who appears in main tower room after defeating chaos? I might have missed something there, but I was frozen and he disappeared before I realized what was happening.

Other miscellaneous things:

I never found any Junius room or second gem :( I guess I should check pit madness again.

Is there a mon rune lying around anywhere? Or do you have to buy it?

I definitely didn't find 20 gor coins.

I didn't find out what Elektra can do. The other 3 masters all had a reason to take them (junius gem, secret laboratory, Valentin's room).
Sorry for so many questions!

Amazing game, I'm really looking forward to Underworld Dreams now.
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

@antman

I guess you have to get it before defeating chaos?
yes

That second pit in the graveyard where the ruby key is, what opens that?
Spoiler
Have "bash" and explore all tombs in the graveyard ?
The ruby key named "secret key" open secret library
I did miss treasure chamber H
Spoiler
to open the door you need to put a chest in the mirror
The 60 day door
Spoiler
this door open after the clock stop between 60 and 66th day, you stopped the clock too early
What was the deal with giggler who appears in main tower room after defeating chaos?
Spoiler
he just give scrolls about what you should do after defeat lord chaos
jinius room
Spoiler
it's in the pit madness there is a haze that disappear when walking on a plat, you should find a way to keep the haze active by comeback from the other side
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

@Antman

In addition to what jahmiann said...
Spoiler
regarding the treasure room in the sewer. I think whether the empty mirror is there, depends on whether the ladder nearby is raised or lowered. There is a lever next to it.
I can’t remember the ladder number, but it’s on the eastern side of the sewer.
As already mentioned...
Spoiler
there is a teleport haze in pit madness that is activated by a button, but gets deactivated by a floor plate when you approach it.
Something you learned in a book will help you approach the teleport from the other side without deactivating it.
This leads to Junius’ chamber.
I don’t know if Elektra does anything. I remember a scroll above the priest guild that mentions her, but I don’t know if this means anything.

Underworld Dreams is another outstanding dungeon. Full of great puzzles. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

i don’t know if Elektra does anything. I remember a scroll above the priest guild that mentions her, but I don’t know if this means anything.

i forgot about elektra...
Spoiler
once you have elektra in your party go to the rain stone edge (on top of the priest guild) near the alcove where there is a scroll "waiting elecktra"
you will find something ....
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

Elektra
Spoiler
Ah thanks, I'd wondered around there with her but it looks like you have to walk on the square multiple times or something like that. Might have got all the gor coins with that one. It makes me wonder, is there a secret for Koruhn in the warrior's guild? Or is his secret just the junius gem? Since that is mentioned in the warrior's guild.
Treasure chamber H
Spoiler
After a long long time searching, the trick was putting the ladders back up to open walls :!: I was able to find the mirror (and another area I'd missed) after this, doubt I would have tried that without knowing I had missed something. I got all the treasure :)
Junius chamber
Spoiler
Still no luck with this, I wondered the stair maze for long time slaying the regenerating monsters but no luck seeing any teleporter... which area is it in? I did find a missing piece of tech armour though, which reminds me:
Flame armour
Spoiler
I'm missing the poleyn and chest plate of the flame armour, any idea where that is?
Vigor
Spoiler
Still stumped on this too. I tried putting gor coins and vi potions in the alcover, casting vi gor which doesn't do anything...
Other
Spoiler
I've got the horn of fear and four leaf clover but still have some magic seeds, any use for them? The number game, still a mystery. I probably missed a sar rune someone, only have one from the secret laboratory.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

The teleport to Junius’ chamber is...
Spoiler
not in the stair maze. It’s in pit madness. There is a green button that switches it on, but it deactivates when you approach it from the button side. Something you learned in a book will give you a way to approach it from the other side.
You’re on the right track with...
Spoiler
Vi and Gor, but you don’t cast them. How did you get them into your spell book?
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Junius chamber
Spoiler
It's in the pit madness, it's a deathend with an alcove and a switch...
Flame armour
Spoiler
poleyn : once you have the grapple you should see a area in the gem level that you cannot reach. (You will see on alcove in the magic map).
You must go to this area from above

chest plate: go in the wax museum after defeat lord chaos
you should find a surprise !
Vigor
Spoiler
you can do vi-gor without casting a spell but using physical runes ....
Other
Spoiler
"four leaf clover": seems to change color when you are near a secret ...
"horn of fear": it just to help you when fighting several enemies
"magic seed": if you have already the four leaf clover, seems to be useless or maybe to get a jinius gem (but i don't know how)
"sar rune": don't remember where it's located maybe on the mirror level ...
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

Junius Chamber
Spoiler
Ah I thought that part was just Adamski teasing the player, then I forgot about it. Not sure why I was searching the wrong level... Is it possible to get passed the insta-death ray? I'm guessing it must be but I couldn't see how.
Vigor
Spoiler
Arg, that one was much more obvious!
Fire armour
Spoiler
Getting the plate was very cool! Still no luck with the poleyn though, I couldn't see an alcove on the magic map, which area is it in?
Corbums
Spoiler
Any use for these?
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

Fire armour
Spoiler
Never mind, I found the poleyn. Hiding in plain sight!
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Junius chamber
Spoiler
It's in the lower pit level, you need to find a way to stand up in front of first shooter (in upper pit level). may using a kind of mirror ....
corbamit: i found two, but don't know how to use it. i sold it to the merchant at clock level
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I didn’t even realise that was how it was supposed to be done.
I just activated the haze, then...
Spoiler
cast the ‘safe teleport’ spell that takes you outside the tower.
Most of the route up the tower is fairly straightforward, and I got back to pit madness in a couple of minutes, then approached the haze from the other side.
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

Junius chamber
Spoiler
Sorry I meant I'm actually already inside the Junius chamber, I just wasn't sure how to go down the pathway that's to the right once you enter. There's a pressure pad that activates purple insta-kill spells. But you mentioned mirrors so maybe I can reflect them somehow.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Hmmm, I don’t remember that part.
I remember a passage that...
Spoiler
shot spells (I thought they were fireballs but may have misremembered), but they were survivable if you stacked some fireshield spells and rested to max health on each square.
That being said...
Spoiler
I only had one gem, so maybe the part you’re talking about didn’t open for me. I don’t know.
valipierce
Novice

Post by valipierce »

Do you know how to get the rune which is in the libary in the tower? I'm somewhat new here and don't know how to actually make a post that's why I'm leaving a reply instead. :D
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Hi valipierce

For the library
Spoiler
You must remove all books from the shelfts, there is approximately 1 book per wall.
To find the book you need to click on some different point on the wall.
Once all book removed a rune will fall from the paint of the tower....
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

@valipierce

Since your question was related to ToC, it’s right that you posted a reply in the ToC thread.
If you want to post something unrelated to existing topics, look at the board index to see which topic your post relates to (eg. News & Chat, Dungeon Master, Chaos Strikes Back, Custom Dungeons, Etc...) and any sub category they might contain, then click ‘New Topic’ to start a thread.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

*look at the board index to see which heading your post most relates to.

(managed to contradict myself in the space of one sentence there)