Attack Method Timer

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Soaponarope
Artisan

Attack Method Timer

Post by Soaponarope »

It seems to me the timer for attack methods does not work when used by monsters. This can be very frustrating when I want to have a monster only be able to do something (such as summon a lesser monster) every 180 clicks, yet they are able to do it constantly.

I thought I could time it right using relays, even though using a relay for every monster attack method is a pain(since I have a ton of them). However, if I set a delay on a relay for every such attack method, it will still end up summoning a whole bunch of monsters eventually. The action was still made without a timer, and the results will end up the same, just delayed. (such as after the monster is dead)

I can't seem to find any options for properly limiting how frequently a monster can do something. Please help.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Attack Method Timer

Post by Gambit37 »

Yeah, I'm struggling with this too.... Lord_Bones is our only hope! :D
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Post by Lord_BoNes »

It'd have to be a global timer. So if you had more than one of the given monster, any one of them could activate the effect, however the "cooldown" would be shared across them all, unless you give EACH monster it's OWN TIMER.

I'M making a tutorial map for ya... I'll try to have it up in the next 24hrs for ya :D

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

are this the same tutorial u promise me about my teleporter-problem?!
:mrgreen:
ill hope