Ameena's hidden OOC thread

Forum for the finished DM D&D game 'Time's Champions' run by beowuuf

Moderators: Ameena, raixel

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: OOC thread

Post by Ameena »

Right, so, let me see if I have this right (with regard to what's going on in the lab right now).

-The forefields are...down?
-Farel is lying in the corner with a Westy-grak still trying to strangle him.
-Westian is standing behind that Westy-grak with another Westy-grak also trying to strangle (or at least grab) him, from behind.
-I gather that Ameena won't be able to see the Westy/Farel situation from her position by the door though, given that there's kind of a wall in the way ;).
-Haynuus is standing in one spot, unable to move (though Ameena may not necessarily realise that at first), and not looking too healthy.
-Soorec is staggering toward a pile of stuff lying...somewhere in the room.
-Falkor is standing by the button, not doing very much apart from clutching an armful of scrolls.
-Aurek is busy engaged in combat with an Aurek-grak, but due to LB's recent lack of posting that's as much as we know for now.
-There's a great-big-fuck-off Scorpion with its stinger and one claw missing, currently waving around, in its remaining claw, a Haynuus-grak. Though I suppose Ameena won't immediately be able to identify which Haynuus is which. Likewise with the Aureks, and since she can't see Westian at the moment she can be spared that particular moment of momtary uber-confusion ;). Though since the Scorpy-grabbed-Haynuus isn't leaking bits of half-orc gut all over the floor, maybe that would be a bit of a hint...
-Aaand there's a dead bloke lying in the corner. Well, a silent, unmoving, apparently-unconscious-or-possibly-dead bloke ;).

Do I have all of that right?
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

- Nope, the forcefields are up (hence why you can see them, and Westian ain't moving away from Farel)
- Farel has managed to get back up, and he, Westian, and two Westian-looking grak graks are all grappling together
- the westians will all kinda start mixing together, grapple means you kinda get pulled together. I just didn't wanna mess up my map :)
- just posted IC, so nope, she can probably see Haynuus, Falkor and Soorec easily because of the angles, but not see anythign else. Oh, wait, she will hear the scoption and maybe smell it - need to update for that...
- IC post explains why Ameena might know Haynuus (and Falkor, since Falkor isn't moving to attack Soorec) are being affected by Soorec. Funny if Falkor then acts with Soorec! Like I said, Ameena never saw a grak-grak speak, but she might decide it's possible...or something mind controlling is happening...who knows :)
- Soorec is goign for the pil of stuff just left of the red button in the corner...Ameena might see it, it would be in dim light though
- Aurek is grappling the grak-grak that looks like him, or something. Thoguh really, it would just look like two soldiers attackign each other!
- Ameena might recall the scoption fro mthe last time through, it being a creature tortured and trapped by Soorec in the hazes. She might not recall waht happened to it. She might recall in general scorpions being bastards...wait, we covered that one already :)
- Until Ameena fully enters the room, she won't see further down the room, and perhaps Soorec/Haynuus/Falkor might distract her that firts round
- Yeah, dead bloke in the corner, I guess visible-ish throgu hthe hazes, but I decides the hazes make it not perfect visiblility. Ameena could recognise Farel and Westian probably through them, but not who the other person is, or what state he's in

Whew. Questions answered
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Hehe okay, cool, now go and answer the ones I put in the IC thread ;).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Done....woohoo, almost there!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Actually, Haynuus is pretty close to the table, so he might be able (since he's tall) to spot something going on. It certainly blocks line of sight for Soorec and Falkor when you are behind it, and the rest of the people cause they are far away
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

It's not so much the rest of the room Ameena is worried about right now. For reasons mentioned in an OOC note in the IC post I just made, Soorec is most definitely the priority for her right now :).
Now I am off up to the other thread to finally make an entry. And then I'm going to bed!
Unless you've replied down here, in which case I'll have to post back to that first :P.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, ok, I'll go to bed but probably read you main thread post on my laptop.

Heh, hopefully all this staying awake and posting pays off big time! Hopefully! :D

Pity I might be busy tomorrow, so won't be able to really check forums until lunch!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Hehe, just read the post. Cool!

Night!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Post made! Ameena hath returned! I hope I made it brief and erm..."descriptive" enough :twisted:.
And now we await the OOC spammage :D.
Oh this will be great - I jsut post that, and you carry on as if nothing has happened. I wonder how long I shall ignore all the questions and frantic queries that are likely to arise in the OOC thread because of this :twisted:.
I expect my evening check of the forum (after I get home from club tomorrow) will be most...entertaining :D.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yup, it was perfect ... and indeed, we'll see what the reactions are, but I plan to pass it off as matter of fact as i can :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Awww, money might spoil the surprise by fireballing the gnome :(

And then the TPK starts...

I'll need to post some stuff later on, I think seeing Soorec fireballed might trigger some memories...from both directions. Roll me a will save!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Ooh, Falkor's chucking nukes about, is he? Eek, is this gonna bring back an Arbrut flashback? I rather hope not, lol. I'm sure Falkor fireballed plenty of nasty people and savage monsters and stuff when they were working their way through the dungeon before, so hopefully Ameena will only remember that and not his nuking someone from behind when they weren't expecting it.
Btw, since it's been rather a while since I was present for the entirety of a combat situation, when do I post again? Do I need to wait for everyone else to have posted (except LB I suppose, since he doesn't seem to be about right now), or can I still do reactionary stuff? I'm yet to actually read whatever's been posted up there...I'll get to it in a bit ;).
As for that Will save...13 (11+2).
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Having just read the latest IC posts, I'll say that I'm rather glad Ameena is hiding behind a large, solid stone object ;). I don't know what the blast radius is gonna be on that fireball, but I imagine Ameena will be safe where she is, provided she doesn't decide to stick her nose around the corner at the worst possible moment.
One question - regarding question made in the above post - can Ameena get a reaction to the fireball hitting Soorec (something along the lines of yelling "Nooo don't kill him!"...ooh that will go down well...) or do I have to wait? Because, you know, seeing as she recalls that Something Bad will happen if/when he dies...
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, you need to wait for me to update this evening before reposting actions.

Rections can go into the thread here

Oh, yeah, you can yell out as a free action. I'd just still not actually have Ameena think anything in the main post
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Oh no, I won't have any of her "internal workings" on display, as it were - it would just be her doing stuff from an outsider's point of view. So, leaping out (well, if she can do so without getting caught in the blast) and yelling something along the lines of "Don't kill him!". Which of course doesn't look suspicious at all ;).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ameena could yell 'don't kill him' as a free action, moving forward would, of course, be an action that would need to wait for the next round.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Gah, I will update your thread for Ameena's point of view and knowledge, but I've been concentrating on the main thread off and on for the whole night and have just posted the rouhg copy.

Still have to deal with anythign LB might say (he's just reappeared) need to PM OB, and need to compose a OOC message when I figure where we're at.

Hmm, after being all tired getting Ameena into the room, seems the whole thing's gone insane. Still, at least Ameena was i nthe room for that.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Lol I think I'd better start reading the other threads before these ones...I'll try and remember to do so from now on, since anything posted down here is probably in reaction to what's happened up there...
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I don't know whether to laugh or cry - two guys down, five to go :D
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Lol...I suppose I'd better get to making "normal" posts again, ie posting back up int he other thread with full emotions and thought processes and stuff, since it's rather blatantly obvious that Ameena is Ameena, considering the grak-graks now blatantly all look like grak-graks...
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

NO!

After all, who says there aren't several levels of doppleganger. I like how, if the party start lookign for it, it's really suspicious that the short Ardur ran out of the room, then aaaaaaaall of a sudden (just after Ameena is mentioned), the equally Ameena wanders back in without Ardur, and without much fanfare, trying to stop Falkor from killign the mage.

Anyway, see how people react....I might get you to post normally, but liek to see people's reactions first over the holiday. After all, alot of stuff to react to.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

You want me to post a (non-emotive) response post anyway?
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

We stayed up too late last night for this to be in vain!

Thoguh I suspect we'll have stayed up late in vain. Ah well, we shall see. Welcome to my world - so many fun things work out in a certain way, then never pay offcause of wacky actions by you guys.

Hmm, seems to be a pattern of Falkor killing people with fireballs actually. After all, the Aurek/Farel/Helm mystery and revealing Lord Bones was revealed early due to needing to consult everyone about money starting an attack!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Indeed, feel free to post a non-emotive next move in the thread, and post any emotive parts of it still here
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Okay, will do. Umm...I can tell you now that Ameena's emotive response to seeing Soorec nuked will probably be a bit long ;).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, I am not the least surprised, and also as long as I can defer reading it all until tomorrow, I do not mind one bit :D
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

So, did anyone get pwned the first time around, or will this be the first time Ameena has to watch one of her friends go down? Because, you know, she might be a bit less upset about it if she remembers that there's a way to get them back. Also, if someone died to a grak-grak before (and got rezzed), it'll allow me to let her say something along the lines of "Not again!" and confuse everyone a little more ;).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Like a bowl of petunias.

People did drop previously, though she won't recall how they came back. That might change in a few round's worth of time!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

But she will remember that they can be brought back? This knowledge (or lack, thereof) will have a significant impact on her emotional response to seeing Westian and Farel lying on the floor in pools of their own vital fluids...
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

She already knows it's possible from both times through, since the VI altars have been mentioned. She's free to have whatever reactions she wants to seeign them dead, but she'll know she's seen this before, and yet somehow she'll know all four of them (not Farel, obviously) were also present when they got zapped.

At the moemnt, feel free to have that as hopeful or as confusing as you want.