Dugoma v0.03 wall, floor and ceiling tiles for share

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Hajo
Craftsman

Dugoma v0.03 wall, floor and ceiling tiles for share

Post by Hajo »

I want to make the wall, floor and ceiling tiles from Dugoma v0.03 available under the creative commons "Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported" license:
=> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/deed.en

I assume they can be used for the ongoing high res Dungeon Master clone projects, like "DM Reloaded", but will require some scaling and stretching.

Downloads and more details are over here:

=> http://www.funkelwerk.de/forum/index.ph ... 531#msg531

Bit
Arch Master

Re: Dugoma v0.03 wall, floor and ceiling tiles for share

Post by Bit »

Will test them sunday, because I surely have to change maskcolors, they are very special.
Streching isn't the problem, they will be automatically adjusted to the needed size.
I'm thinking about solving the maskproblem with another additional file that contains the mask itself. It's too easy that in truecolor the graphic meets the maskcolor somehow.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

these are really nice!!! :)
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
Hajo
Craftsman

Post by Hajo »

Thank you, I'm glad to hear that you like them :)
Bit
Arch Master

Post by Bit »

I puzzled around with some of the graphics, adjusting them to DM and using them in my testclone.
Beside the effect that it was nice to see, I found some general problems creating a wallset for DM/CSB. For direct usage in DM/CSB there's a lot of work needed to adjust that all.
With that, the idea came to build a wallset generator that helps to develop the graphics and calculates them as accurate as needed. I also like the idea to have alpha masks in png-files. That could help a lot. So, your set helped at least to give some inspiration.
Hajo
Craftsman

Post by Hajo »

If one starts with a blank slate, the first few tiles can be freely designed, but very soon every new object, monster or decoration must be made to fit to those already in existence. So it it quite understandable that only exchanging the walls and floors while keeping everything else will not work well. But it's good to know that it basically worked to include them, and that you got new ideas for further work on DM Reloaded :)

I'm not quite sure where to go with my own project, so for the time being I'll just create more graphics, hopefully such that will be generic enough to be useful for other projects or later work, too, if my current project should get stuck. A number of different coins and gems should be alright, after that I must see how to continue.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Bit wrote:With that, the idea came to build a wallset generator that helps to develop the graphics and calculates them as accurate as needed. I also like the idea to have alpha masks in png-files.
You mean like this? http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... 32&t=25048
Bit
Arch Master

Post by Bit »

:shock: :idea: :oops: Those people here are just amazing... :!:
Let's see if I can handle it.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

Bit wrote:
I puzzled around with some of the graphics, adjusting them to DM and using them in my testclone.
Beside the effect that it was nice to see, I found some general problems creating a wallset for DM/CSB. For direct usage in DM/CSB there's a lot of work needed to adjust that all.
Did you try to make a regular DM fitting wallsets? Although I did a lot of them, I wish you luck with that. Kentaro wrote a little tutorial here:
http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... =2&t=24696
I`m not sure if whack is usable for CSBwin-like clones. It`s for RTC. Just let me know the limitations of wallset you want to build (resolution, possible amount of colours in a line). Are you making a regular wallset (DM low-res, 16 colours in a line) Bit, or wallset that would fit enhanced graphics in your clone?
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
Hajo
Craftsman

Post by Hajo »

Now my spidergates are also available, under the same license as the other images. Beware, these are sticky 8)

=> http://www.funkelwerk.de/forum/index.ph ... 532#msg532
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Wow! But, erm, isn't the pattern too regular and too circular? I mean, if this should really ressemble a spider's web, of course.
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Hajo
Craftsman

Post by Hajo »

The first idea was to have metal gates that loosely resemble spider webs. But meanwhile I was working more a more spiderish variant, but still with the circular structure. At the moment I hit a dead end there, though.