Old player, looking for the game again

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Kaosodin
Neophyte

Old player, looking for the game again

Post by Kaosodin »

hey guys,

looking for the Dungeon master games, i downloaded one earlier that needs a dos box to run, and thats cool, but the graphics is pitiful, worse than origional i am sure.

if i have a modern computer, and want to play these games again, from the beginning, with th possibility of better FX. where do i go, thanks guys, alot of info here, kinda overwhelming :-)
Rasmus
Ee Master

Re: Old player, looking for the game again

Post by Rasmus »

Welcome to the forum :)
I would recommend that you check out the quick links in the upper right corners..
If you would like to play the traditional dungeon master, you could look at the Clones (traditional). The graphic is in general the same as the original dm, but I'm sure there are new dungeon graphic to download somewere on the page. I think RTC may be the most traditional clone..

If you looking for a 3D version, you could check the Clones (modern).. If you decide to play Dungeon Master Tribute, I can say that it should be playable to the end as long as you choose 4 characters and ignore some bugs that may appear here and there ;)
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Welcome to the forums! :D

If you want to play the same exact games, look to one of the following three clones:

1. CSBWin: This is the original Atari ST code, so it looks and plays exactly like the original. This is the truest clone out there - complete with the low resolution. :wink:

2. RTC (Return to Chaos): A clone that tries to emulate the original games as close as possible. The graphics are identical, but it has a higher resolution. It does not play exactly the same as the original, but if you haven't played the original for a few years, you won't notice the differences.

3. DSB (Dungeon Strikes Back): A modern clone that uses the original formulas for damage, experience etc. Graphics are identical, too, don't know about the resolution. Since it is rather new, it might have a few minor bugs and/or inaccuracies, but should play fine.

You can find all of these clones in their respective sub-forums. Any one of them will be fine. There are also custom dungeons for those clones, designed by forum users. Some are just as good as the original games! Enjoy your stay here, and happy dungeoneering! :)
Kaosodin
Neophyte

Post by Kaosodin »

fantastic, thats what i was looking for, good times, thank you
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Oh, another newbie to the forum - welcome and I hope you have fun replaying DM after however many years it's been for you :). Don't forget to keep us updated and stuff and let us all know how many times you've managed to die stupidly, because it's all good and we've all done it :D.
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Oh, welcome to the forums! :P
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!