DnD Discussion: v3.5 vs v4 and other stuff...

Video games, console games, mobile games or any other kinds of games including all sports. For everything *except* Dungeon Master games -- please use the specific forums below for DM chat.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: DnD Discussion: v3.5 vs v4 and other stuff...

Post by Ameena »

Her. She. She's a she - I'm always a she ;).
And I'm not a tank. Somewhat unsurprisngly, I'm the usual sneaky (but not so little) backstabber :twisted:.
And fly? Ooooh what level do I get that? Somehow I'm guessing it's not till at least Paragon, provided we can actually get that far. If you can tell me the name of the power, I can look it up in the creature builder. If it's not a PH1 skill though, I may not be able to get it - atm Dad's only letting us use stuff from that one book 'cause it's the book he's got.
And the racial description (in PH1) of Dragonborn says they have no wings - it doesn't mention that they grow them as they grow older, or whatever, so presumably this was a bit of a retcon in a later book (possibly the Dragonborn book which presumably has a whole pile of new DB skills and stuff).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, that's the problem - dragonborns are good tanks :D Still, sounds like fun! I think flying is in paragon tier I'm afraid, like @level 15. They maybe grow them later...I'll look into that.

I do have the PHB2 and the DMG2 (plus D&D Insider access)... so if there's anything in specific you want me to look up, yell.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Well, the character builder contains quite a load of info - all races, classes, powers, feats, etc from pretty much any existing 4th edition publication are available, so I do have instant access to any of those :).
My DnD Insider subscription ran out today (it lasted just over a week longer than it was supposed to, so I'm not complaining ;)), so I no longer have access to the (very handy) Compendium, which I use for looking up random stuff that I'm interested in. Someone at club (with an ongong subscription) might possibly be nice enough to give me their login details so I can access it whenever I like - he did mention it, but that was a few weeks ago and I don't really wanna ask him about it 'cause I'd feel a bit guilty about using someone else's account for anything, lol.