Help with keys

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
michaelb
Neophyte

Help with keys

Post by michaelb »

Hi,
this is going to sound totally noob. I can't get keys to work in CSB for Win. Everything else is completely as I remember it. about quarter way into first level and I've got the right key just the lock doesn't seem to do anything when I click the key onto it.

Please help my ignorance be fixed.

TY
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Help with keys

Post by beowuuf »

Where exactly are you, and what key do you have? There is one lock aroudn the start that actually requires lockpicks, most (but not all) other locks aroudn there need iron keys. I think one at the start needs a gold instead.
michaelb
Neophyte

Post by michaelb »

Hi I've got the gold key. no lock picks.
When I click on it nothing happens - am sure its the gold key. It;s the first locked door.
will have a look for lock picks incase thats what I need.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

A few questions:

1) Are you playing Return to Chaos (this is the forum for that clone engine, the icon is a grey wall) or CSB For Windows (different clone, the icon is a sword)
2) Which version are you playing?
3) Are you playing the original DM dungeon, or the Chaos Strikes Back dungeon? The original is linear and the dungeon is downstairs from the champion selection, CSB drops you right into a set of worms.

I don't know of any issues with any of the clones, nor the DM dungeon at the first gold key lock.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

It just sounds like you don't have the right key for the lock! Look around a bit harder.... ;-)