Help needed with Dungeon Master champions history

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Rasmus
Ee Master

Re: Help needed with Dungeon Master champions history

Post by Rasmus »

Thanks Cowsmanaut :)
I have gotten a list from beo on who it was that wrote what. According to him you almost wrote the rest, Tiggy and Elija are still written by someone else.. But if you say that you have written those two as well I can change it. I just want to be sure so that I don't use any work without promission.
Thanks again Cows, now the list are alot smaller :)

As I have said before, there is no hurry in changing / writting them because I still have alot of work to do before releasing the next version, and even after that we still have alot of time left to do any changes before I have completed the game.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Heh, I haven't started mine yet - I restarted TQ a week ago and it's kind of been taking up rather a lot of my time ;).
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

No hurry :)

So this is how it looks now:
Is this better? I choosed to remove the champions name as a headline and instead put it into the scroll..

By the way, if anyone has a good and fiting background laying around.. It would bring alittle more life into the background ;)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Hey, that looks cool :D. I think maybe some kind of stone wall effect might suit the background, rather than that black, but I like the scroll - it's nice and easy to read, and suits the theme well and stuff :).
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

tiggy is not mine, as I only completed her image but did not place her in my inn of lost souls.. Elija as well. Not sure where you got those.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Rasmus wrote:Tiggy and Elija are still written by someone else.. But if you say that you have written those two as well I can change it.
I think the list was confusing, but Rasmas has all the correct names attributed for things written. I had tiggy from zyx and elija from kyzra a while back, they weren't quite in the standard format if I recall, glad they could finally see the light of day!
Rasmus
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

Yeah, and I am really greatful that I can use them.. It gives the game some depth :)
I really don't know what to do with elija that was created by kyzra as I don't know how to contact he/she. I think I will add the Elija to the list that needs new written stories. And if someone takes up the task, I will use that one instead. Otherwise I will use the Elija story written by kyzra..

@Ameena: Thanks :) I have followed your advice and expanded the dungeon a little. Also added the champions stats/skills at the bottom of the scroll. This is how it looks:
Rasmus
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

I have added some more champions like Chani, Zed, Mophus, Gothmog and Hissssa..

You can all take a look at how they look here:
http://dmtribute.webs.com/dmt2artwork.htm
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Some of the non human champions look great! Glad you got Mophus in there too. By just looking at him I can already hear him in my head... Nooooooooo
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Lol, Zed looks like he's playing an air guitar :D.
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

Hahaha, didn't think of that! That was really funny Ameena :D To bad I already have a story for him :D

Ian, yeah I tried to make Mophus as silly looking as posible, don't want you guys to begin taking him seriously :D
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I should perhaps also have mentioned that Hissssa looks like he's possibly either in the same band as Zed, or is just dancing/air-playing to his music ;).
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

Hehe, now you have destored everything :D In my eyes they all look like they are doing something musical :D
Chani trying to learn to play drums and Daroou digging the music with Mophus in the back of a corner enyoing and looking stupid..
Rasmus
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

Ps. I can't stop laughing at Zed, it really looks like he is playing airguitar :D
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Lol well now you mention all those others, I think possibly Iaido is the only one who doesn't look like he's doing something weird, though that's possibly only 'cause he's looking all Samurai-style with that sword of his ;).
Now I look at them again, Zed most definitely looks like he's air-guitaring (the expression on his face just fits so well with that ;)).
Chani possibly appears to be trying to figure out how to use an invisible PS/XBox controller, or maybe a very small steering wheel (look at the concentration on her face!), or maybe she's about to flip two coins.
Hissssa is doing the Night-Fever dance or something.
Gothmog is doing that one-potato-two-potato thing with his hands or possibly dancing to the song "Saturday Night" or one of those which had a little dance to it.
Mophus, as you rightly say, looks silly, like he's trying to impersonate Santa or something ;).
And Daroou is either yawning and stretching, or possibly going all-out on the dance thing and just waving his arms around and screaming, or cheering for more music or something :D.
Got any other pics whose meaning I can totally annihilate? ;)
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

Hehe, I like when you annihilates them, gives me a good laugh :D
Just wait, my number one priority now is too create all the champions.. Will try too make them less dancing, but we will see ;)
Rasmus
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

Just don't make any dance history when you write the stories ;)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I keep meaning to get on with that - I haven't had much time for sitting down and getting on with something like that recently since i've been doing extra hours at work so I'm usually too tired to concentrate properly on stuff by the time I'm home in the evening. That and I'm replaying TQ atm so I'm devoting more of my spare time to running around Ancient Greece/Egypt/the Orient and zapping various unpleasant beasties ;).
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

I must say that it sounds alot more fun than writing dm stories ;) But I didn't mean to stress you. As I said before, there are alot of months left before I need the stories :) I can tell you when it is getting close if you like too..
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Lol I'm not stressed, don't worry :). And writing stories is fun, just it's not something I'm in the middle of right now, unlike TQ of which I'm about halfway through the second difficulty level (of which there are three - the gameplay is fairly similar to Diablo II in many ways :D). So...I'll get on with it at some point, anyway. I'll dig up that old poem I wrote about all the heroes and use that as a basis for starting :).