Champion Scale Back Question

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Twiggy
Craftsman

Champion Scale Back Question

Post by Twiggy »

I'm new (veeeeeery) at using the program. I've spent the last day just playing with things to try and get a grip on how it all works (Lol took me 4 hours to make my pressure plate open a door...I had it targettin the frame :D) and the wiki page and going over the DM/Chaos maps have been a good help for how to do things.

The Dungeon I'm making, I am including all 48 characters from the first two games, but obviously the Chaos characters are a hell of a lot stronger in comparison to the original DM guys. I want to scale back the stats/levels of the Chaos gang, know how to do it, but I'm just unsure what I should bring them all back down to? Anyone got any ideas on what would be a rough equation to use? A bit tougher than I originally thought.

Also a second question, I will probably find out eventually if I went through the old maps, but I have a pressure plate (party triggered) which I have opening a few doors. I have them all opening on a time delay of 0, 3, 6. I know that's pretty quickly after each other, but I'm more so playing with the trigger thing. Would like to know if I can tie all that into the one trigger point, or do I have to do it across 3 (Which I currently have done). I know that I can make 1 single trigger do a lot of things, to different objects in the game, but I'm thinking each trigger can only go at one speed/time delay.

I hope that last one makes sense :)

** By the by, having a hell of a lot of fun doing this. End result will probably be nothing spectacular, but it's still fun and will give my family a new adventure, eventually :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Champion Scale Back Question

Post by beowuuf »

The easiest way would be to download CSBwin, and reincarnate each champion in the prison. The reduced number for stats is probably good enough, certainly 'canon'

The only other way would be to simply compare each CSB champion to a comparable DM champion and reduce the stats in line with that champion (that way you can retain the fighter/ninja/priest/wizard levels)

Different timings need different triggers, you are right.

Have fun having fun! :D
Twiggy
Craftsman

Post by Twiggy »

Thanks for that. I was afriad it'd be a long way of figuring out it, but i'll get there eventually lol.

Couple more questions. Is there anyway to copy the contents of an entire level? I've realised I've probably started my dungeon a level too low (0). I've got pits on the first level and it obviously doesn't work if there's nowhere for the pit to go down to. I'd like to have it all starting on level 1 so that I have somewhere for peoples to fall lol.

Secondly, why is my Ra door rather transparent and not opening like a regular door? It fades out of view when you click on the button. Not really a fan of it lol
Twiggy
Craftsman

Post by Twiggy »

Ehhh ignore the comment about the pit...Think I've been looking at the screen for too long. Very easily fixed by having the dungeon progress downwards and not up *Rolls eyes*
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Hi Twiggy, if you want to ask multiple questions in future, could you please use a different thread for each -- it makes it easier for everyone, thanks.

You can't copy an entire level in the editor. You could do it by opening the TXT file in Notepad or similar and copying the relevant parts of the code -- but you must make sure that you edit all level references correctly so that no two items have the same unique reference.

The Ra doors were designed that way by George -- that was one of the tweaks he made that's different from the original game. It can't be changed. If you don't want a fade, clone a different static door type and replace the graphics with Ra style images.
Twiggy
Craftsman

Post by Twiggy »

A bit late in responding to this, but the clone thing worked well, thanks :)

Also I've got the scale going pretty well, but I'm just having trouble trying to work out what to reduce all their HP/Mana to. Any suggestions?