WESTIAN'S, FALKOR'S AND AUREK'S EXCELLENT CRUSADE

Forum for the finished DM D&D game 'Time's Champions' run by beowuuf

Moderators: Ameena, raixel

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Re: WESTIAN AND FALKOR'S EXCELLENT CRUSADE

Post by oh_brother »

"Well that does not seem to have done anything. How many other ways are there to combine these stones?" He asked the question to the group in general, but suspected that only Falkor would be able to offer suggestions. The others were all men of action, not explorers of combinations.

"Do we have to press them in some order? Or rearrange them?" The Trolin's words hinted that time could be running short. He glanced at Aurek and nodded in the Trolin's direction, hoping that the paladin would explore the possible intrusion and buy them more time to examine the puzzle.

He moved the stones so that they were all touching each other. Then with the palm of his hand he pressed them all at the same time.
money
On Master

Post by money »

"i'm not sure, you and I are working on the same logic - this was my next step, let's hope this works somehow!" Falkor continued to look but it was clear that if this didn't work he was unlikely to offer any more solutions and in fact may be inclined to proceed as time was against them - as it always was. He took a step back and waited for any reaction.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Westian tried to move the stones, but there appeared to be a solid core to the wall upon which 'combine' was written. As the stone parts got close, they were pushed out of the wall. Still, it allowed Falkor and Westian a chance to look closer at the parts as they appeared. They were not all the same, some seemed to have flat parts to them. It might have been a trick of the light, but there appeared to be some lines carved on the flat sides.

Was it as simple as combining the stones? If so, what would the result be?

Meanwhile, Aurek had nodded to Westian's subtle look, joining the female Trolin and trying to listen. Sire Farel, after a moment's hesitation, told Ardur to stay put and moved across to the pair. Aurek was obviously irritated that the clanking armour ruined the paladin's attempt at listening for a moment. However, once everything settled down, it was Farel who was first to confirm the worst.

"I heard something too. A shuffling. A heavy shuffling." Each word was said quietly, but was able to carry. He looked to Aurek and then over to the other three. "Definitely the footfall of something large," he said, quieter still but the words could be understood wihtout needing to hear them perfectly.

Time's not always against you... just, you know, most of the time.... :D

Anyway, the choices seem to be combine the stones, prepare to go forward and defend yourself, or risk going back along the lightning tunnel.
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Westian nodded at the others comments, knowing that time was limited.

Westian examined the marks in the stones. Could it be that they fitted together, and that the lines somehow matched up? With the stones out of the wall he examined the marks closely, looking for signs that they could interlock. Or to see any pattern in the markings.

Okay, so is it possible that they combine together outside of the wall? I didn't think of that before.
money
On Master

Post by money »

Falkor peered over the shoulder of Westian - he was trying to see if there was anything obvious - "Try and put them together, align the flat sides somehow"

He prepared himself for anything coming along the corridor, ready to send a lightning bolt of his own if needed...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Encouraged by the comments of Falkor, Westian took a few pieces at random that were flat and looked for a common connection. The stones themselves seemed like magnets when brought together, able to be pulled apart but happy to click together. There were a few false starts where the flat areas of stones did not seem to combine, however taking another produced a perfect match - and two vertical lines were created on the flat surface. It was easier to find more matches - either co-incidentally, or on purpose, the two mis-placed stones were actually fitted behind the flat ones and barely protruded.

Eventually, Westian was left with an oval disc the size of his hands. It was flat on once side, and convex on the other, with a roguh, asymetric shape. The revealed pattern was one that both Westian and a distracted Falkor recognised - it was an eight, carved in score marks as all the other markings along the wall had been in the original corridor.

It was left to Falkor to spot the more important point. The size and shape of the formed stone seemed to match the dent he had pressed to get into this corridor in the first place.

The train of thought was only slightly derailed as a noise came to the hearing of even the three at the wall. Ardur's young ears were not quite a match for the halfling's, but Westian's elf ears were barely a beat behind them both.

THUMP thump. THUMP thump. Something heavy was still moving deep in the other direction, the direction that Falkor had most of his attention trained on. Whatever it was, the odd rhythmn made it sound like the creature had multiple legs. And, as Farel had pointed out, it was heavy. Very heavy.

So, is there a light at the end of the metaphorical puzzle tunnel? Or is it just more lightning bolts? Obviously, Falkor's instinct is good to have some ranged magic trained on the new corridor. However, should he be the one to try out the stone, and let Westian play defender instead?

Choices choices. And we're at Friday already! How the week has flow. :)
money
On Master

Post by money »

"Westian, this stone woudl fit the 'hole' where the eight should have been, back where we entered this corridor. I think we should try to use it back there and see if it turns of the lightning. I have a feeling that is the way and that further on - as the others have already hinted, will lead us to an early grave. I will take care of anything that comes, but we must be quick."

Falkor readied himself, he was still expecting trouble but was sure that the right path was behind them. One thing was clear though - whoever last came this way had missed this or at least had not reset the puzzle and he was a little perplexed at who would have reset it - monsters of Chaos' creation rarely showed much intellect or willing to set traps - more use the opportunity to escape and wonder aimlessly amongst the dungeon. Where they dealing with a more intelligent being making those loud noises.

Just before Westian made up his mind about using the new stone he whispered to him "Westian, the dissapearing thing... Right back at the beginning I found a cloak, a cloak with magical abilities. It is this cloak that helps and moves me between the material and ethreal worlds. I tell you this now as it's important we have trust in each other. If we are to complete this task - we must think and fight as one unit. If you have doubts or concerns share them sooner rather than later."

Falkor hoped this admission would help build trust with Westian and also bring their bond closer together - the days ahead, he feared, would be dark.
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Westian looked at Falkor and nodded. He was not sure what the halfling had done to open the passageway, but believed that he knew what he was doing an accepted his logic.

Falkor was an interesting fellow. At times he seemed as academic and as easily distracted as any old teacher he had come across in his studies. Yet when action was called for, like now, a different side came to the fore and he became focused and decisive.

There had been times when Westian had wondered about him, especially when he seemed to be able to disappear and reappear elsewhere at will. Still, this cloak could explain that, and as such it was something Westian filed away for future discussion. But his numerous actions – including his attempt to warn Westian about Soorec, and the fact that he had almost died fighting for the group – meant that his loyalty was not in doubt.

“Don’t worry, we have been through enough already for me to trust you. And I think the Grey Lord put us together for a reason. He would not have thrown you back unless you could be relied on” he added with a grin, as he picked up the newly formed object. “I hope this turns off the lightning. I will run down the corridor with a spell shield. If I do not turn into a lightning conductor gather the others and follow me.” He spoke the last sentences loud enough so the others could hear.

With that he ran back to the entrance and placed the stone in the dent. Running forward, but conscious that he may be required to make a sudden reversal, he ran down the corridor, muttering the now familiar runes to summon a spell shield.

I guess I cannot cast a spell this round since I will have done enough actions, so it will be next round. An UM shield.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Falkor's concerns were perhaps partially answered when he noticed that the stones on the wall regenerated as Westian finally disappeared. They looked identical to when the first stones had been taken. Of course, it could be that the puzzle had multiple parts. However, the fact that this seemed to be a known path to at least the Trolins, and yet the puzzle had been left unsolved, was not logical.

Heh, wasn't sure if anyone would have spotted that. If you'd have asked the female Trolin, she might have hinted at the puzzle resetting... in a round about way. Still, you get to see it first hand instead.

There thumping beame louder, and louder. "I see something!" said the female Trolin, backing away. "Large. Teeth. FIRE!" The last was said with a sudden panicking shout. She dove backwards knocking Farel staggering back too. Aurek was just shy of the corridor by then, and so was also unaffected.

Spinning into view came a strangely deforming fireball. It slammed into the wall with some force, exploding with a brilliance and leaving painful after-images. Something was definitely starting to come down the corridor aroudn the corner. Something unfriendly.

That'll be the poison blob then.

Meanwhile Westian moved onwards. For a brief moment he felt an odd twinge of pain, but it was quickly shrugged off and forgotten in the heat of the moment. The rock in Westian's had indeed seemed to fit the dent at the end of the corridor almost perfectly. Like putting the parts together themselves, the jagged part of the stone clicked in to place like a magnet, still free to be pulled away again or shifted around in the dent. The eight score marks were perfectly set as they would have been on the wall, The 'almost' for the perfect fit came from a large circle of missing rock around the stone. Perhaps this was simply for ease of pulling it out again afterwards?

Westian had no time for such things, and after a pause for breath invoked Larethian's grace to protect him. He moved down the original corridor. In a dispiritingly short time however, there was a roar of lightning and bright pinpoints of light appeared.

What had Westian missed?

Yeah, sorry, one last little part to the puzzle. Can you guess? You are so close, and Falkor is well placed to make the connection, so I'll reveal it next update if you don't guess it. Of course, if I have to reveal it, you can guess there might be an extra delay that will let the creature in the new corridor get closer....

Oh, and OB, roll me a reflexes save please! You get an extra +2 for (presumeably) being prepared for the lightning to fire, on top of the +2 for the UM shield.

Have a good weekend!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Oh, and nice to see the interaction building :) Hopefully you can get a quiet moment for talk later. You know, after the death on all sides has been cleared up.
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Reflexes were 6 + 6 + 2 + 2 = 16. Okay, I think I know what Westian missed. Although Westian will not know - he did not see Falkor solving the first puzzle. But since Falkor is the current puzzle guy he will shout out for help!

Damn. That was all Westian thought as he saw the lightening bolts shoot towards him. Damn the fact that they were delayed, and damn the fact that he did not know how to proceed with this puzzle. Everything had seemed so right; the pieces fitted together perfectly and the shape had slotted snugly into the wall.

Beating a hasty retreat back down the corridor he called out "Falkor, that did not work! Any other ideas?"
money
On Master

Post by money »

Falkor tried to pull the new stones that had appeared, perhaps they could use them too - especially as the first part had failed. It said combine, perhaps they had to combine both set of stones. In any case, he didn't believe it would do any harm. "Quick, come with me back to the other corridor" Falkor called out to the others as he moved towards the wall where Westian had placed the first part of the puzzle.

Falkor looked at the new set of stones and the slight gap around the eight marks, he attempted to piece them together to complete the puzzle.
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

As a player I have an idea what the extra bit is...is it allowed for money and me to have discussions based on ideas coming from player knowledge? And for that knowledge subsequently to possibly alter character actions?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Indeed, after all character knowledge is not player knowledge too :) You guys can confer andcome up with an idea that gets attributed to the cleverest or sneakiest member of the group. If you are still around so late OB, then you can post your thoughts, otherwise I'll add them here a little later on. Not saying you are right...

Down the new corridor, the fighters and Trolin took a step back as the fearsome creature rumbled forwards. "Stand ready!" said Aurek, an odd eagerness to his voice. Farel carried a steely determination, however perhaps not the same level of anticipation, and he looked around more than once to ensure Ardur was not coming forwards. Coming forwards was ther last thing the poor squire wished to, however. Especially when another barely spherical ball of fire span diagnoally and smashed in to the wall beside the assembled defenders.

BZZZZZZT.

It took a moment to register what was happening. "A block! There's a magical block on the corridor! It can't get passed!" his tone was neutral, and it fell to Farel to laugh in relief. "Chaos must have wanted to ensure no disruptions to solve his puzzle. This must be the forfeit."

There were loud roars from aroudn the corner, and more fire streamed as close as it could. And then the walls shook, and the fiery explosions came at the inner corner of the corridor. Again there were more earth shattering blows as if the creature were colliding with a wall. Then more fire.

"It's trying to break the wall!" said Farel in surprise.

"It's trying to get aroudn the block!" agreed Aurek. "Hurry!" yelled Aurek back to Falkor and Westian.

Meanwhile, Falkor had scrambled to pick up the new eight pieces. Unfortunately, Falkor's suspicion was correct - the pieces seemed the same as before, and seemed to form a duplicate of the stone. Nevertheless, it might all be part of Chaos's twisted humour, and Falkor moved with the parts to the wall to attemopt to fill i nthe gap. a few pieces dropped from Falkor's hand in his haste, but Ardur moved to pick them up and run with the halfling.

With Ardur's presence, Falkor had better reach. With irritation, Falkor saw that indeed the new pieces did not seem to fit at all into the wall. Ardur confirmed that a third set were already growing back into the wall where they had just left.

However, Falkor did find something happen. When he was trying to fill in the gaps, he accidentally pushed the central stone. While it was nestled nicely into the dent, it also appeared that the rock moved smoothly around within the dent. Was this just a quirk, or part of the puzzle too...

Leave it there, and will pass on Westian's idea later on. I think I said I'd reveal it this update, buyt will let you have a final go at it tonight since you still seem to have your thinking caps on. Plus, I want to threaten you with a dra....creature around a corner some more :p
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

money - my idea was to press the newly-formed button 8 times, like how Falkor had originally pressed the dent 8 times to open up the passageway (press 8 times, gather 8 pieces, press again 8 times...this puzzle would be very easy for anyone with OCD :)).

Anyway don't know if I am right or not, but Westian would not have known because he did not see Falkor opening the passage. We better hurry, because there is some mysterious large, angry, fire-breathing creature coming down the corridor! :D
money
On Master

Post by money »

The pieces were not fitting in, "Westian, how many times had you pressed in the new stone?" He waited for the reply and then proceeded to press the stone the remaining times, just as he had done before.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

By the way Westian, you took another 4hp damage from the ligntning. No more than a sting, really :)

Falkor discovered quite quickly that Westian had not pressed it at all, simply allowing the stone to snap into place. Falkor tried to press the stone, however it did not move at all for some reason.

There was more noise from the other direction, and an exploding fireball in the corridor. "That's a snout!" came the cry of Aurek. "That's the snout of a dragon!"

"It is breeching the side of the magic," said Farel, "is the way safe? Should be fall back and take the other route?" The three were shuffling backwards.

Ardur was standing close, and was shocked about pronouncement. He looked to the wall again, and back to the reformed ring of stones that Farel's torch was now playing over.

"Wait, why were the stones out of alignment?" asked Ardur in a small voice. With a reluctant hand, he started to reach for the stone as if unsure of himself. However, there was another exploding fireball, that got a fraction closer again along the tunnel. Ardur jumped and then moved quickly. He pushed the central stone upwards, and then diagonally to the right. The stone seemed to easily move, and then there was an audible click.

"Did I solve it?" asked Ardur, moving backwards as if the thing might explode. He seemed scared to have spoken up more than anything else.

Yeah, some puzzles are semi-obvious to me yet are obviously obscure when looked at in the cold light of hindsight. The alternative was going to be clever ways to count down, but I realised that was goign to be even worse!

Anyway, that's the solution. Will your characters buy it? And can they retain their dignity infront of everyone :D Also, it's not quite over because there is a dragon trying to come at you. Feel free to try and do stuff about taht (including figuring out a way to close the door, etc!
[/b]
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Westian looked somewhat warily down the corridor after Ardur made his rearrangement. Would he have to risk drawing yet more lightning to try out someone else’s theory? Still, he had to admit that the squire’s solution had a certain elegance to it.More importantly Aurek’s claim that a dragon was approaching gave him all the motivation he needed.

“Third time lucky” he muttered, more to himself than anyone else. “Follow me!” he shouted, louder this time. “If you see lightning, run back the way we came originally. If not, run forward as fast as you can!”

With that he set of once more down the corridor, the burns from the previous attempts still smarting on his chest and arms.

Lucky Westian does not have time to think, or he would be wetting himself at teh thought of a dragon! :shock:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The pale blue hue still hovered in the air around Westian, showing Carelleon's blessing was still upon one of his chosen. The scorch marks on Westian however, showed it was not the elf lord's world alone to dictate circumstance to absolutely.

Still, whatever concordance governed the world seemed to be pleased with Westian's selfless move, for indeed Ardur's solution had stopped the lightning bolts.

The coast is clear! Money, you can assume everyone else will move if Falkor (or Ardur if Falkor doesn't) says the coast is clear.

Edit: Eh, no one said it was a dragon. Well, aside from an NPC did, but hopefully you know by now their word is by no means law. It could have just been an oversized dog with a touch of indigestion.
money
On Master

Post by money »

"Let's go!" Falkor moved down the corridor following Westian, he hoped the distraction of a creature coming round the corner along with the quick move would be enough to save his, and westians, blushes.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The main group did not have to be told twice, although hthe female trolin seemed to be surprised. "We not fight it?" she said as she hustled along.

Westian was already far enough away to not hear the creature, and Falkor barely heard another explosion. The group carried on moving, Farel lagging behind to push Ardur forward, and cast looks backwards. "If that thing gets through, will we be trapped in a dead end corridor?"

However, the answer was already to be proven as a negative. The numbers on the left hand side ended with a shorthand score that meant ten. It also, the way it had been embellished, was a recogniseable rune for 'death' inCelestial to Westian.

The reason the numbers ended were because the corridor stopped at a t-junction. They were not to be trapped, or at least not just yet. On the front wall where the party were temporarily stopped were many holes, obviously where the lightning bolts had exited from. Did the 'death' connotation simply refer to the obvious death from these things that such close proximity would have brought. There did seem to be far more holes than lightning bolts Westian had initially encountered.

Otherwise, the choice seemed to be clear - the group needed to go left, or right. Their mission, and what lay behind them now, seemed to dictate a certain level of sleep for the decision.

Anyway, will you guys move left, right, split, or actually take a moment to examien the area for anything? Does the death rune mean what I said it means - a final mockery for those who got this far then get killed by increased lightning bolts? - or something else?
money
On Master

Post by money »

The fear of an approaching monster was never a good one, but the fear of walking into a deadly situation and followed by a large fire breathing creature was worse. "Quickly Westian, look at the left had side and in the holes over there, I'll look in the right. We don't have much time but knowing Chaos there will be some clue here to aide us." He jumped into action and started looking at his set of holes and the surrounding wall, floor and ceiling.

OOC: Do we need a role, or still using previous rolls?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

New situation, new rolls please!
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

The symbol of death scrawled in the wall unnerved Westian. He had seen it before of course, but it seemed far more real in the current situation than when it was encountered in an old tome in a safe library. In addition, whenever he had come across it before it hinted at someone else’s death, not his own.

He did not share this information with the group. Best not to worry them anymore than they were already, just tell them what they needed to know.

Westian hoped that he looked and sounded more confident than he felt when he spoke “That symbol is a warning, be careful.” He responded in the affirmative to Falkor’s suggestion, and as soon as he had peered down the possible turns he began examining the left-hand side of the wall in an almost mirror-image of the halfling’s own searches.

He made eye-contact with the Trolin. “Take a look down the left hand side turn. Just a bit, not too far.” He turned to Aurek and Farel, and once again wished that Ameena was here as he looked at their awkward armours. “Check the right side. Just a bit. Be quiet” he added, more in hope than expectation.

Perception was 7 + 4 = 11. BTW, what wa the alternative you had to the 8 stones puzzle? You mentioned it a few posts back, and said we shoudl ask you later :D
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Will wait for money's roll. And will post the alternate idea later :)
money
On Master

Post by money »

beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Thanks!

OB, can you roll me a d20 for no reason? :)

Westian felt confident about keeping the information fro mthe group. Everyone bar Falkor probably would attach too much worry to it, and in some ways the group felt very much like a set of hangers on delaying him from getting to the Trolin King.

However, Westian didn't really find anything else. It was as if the symbol kept drawing its eye. Although all symbols and words were, of course, written by Chaos, even though they had seen the Grey Lord's own handwriting, for some reason the pressure of being in Chaos's domain was no more apparent than the symbol of death carved in the language of the High Lords. Between that distraction and being forced to direct the others, he couldn't really tell much about this left hand path. It seeemed to just carry on. The lightning bolt holes seemed dead, with nothing else inside except soot and loose stone.

The female Trolin looked for a moment backwards and then at Westian. She didn't say anything, and for a moment didn't look like she was going to move. However, she then slipped briefly into the left hand tunnel.

"No see anything. Tunnel go long way."

Meanwhile, Falkor was having a bit more success. The walls and floor seemed normal around here, and the lightning holes on his side (that he could reach) were similarly adorned and uninteresting. Howevr, Falkor spotted what he was sure was a turn in the right hand corridor in the distance, and couldn't see anything that hinted of a pit trap or roof trap in the immediate corridor. He encouraged the two warriros to go a little further and confirm the corridor's turn, secure in his assessment of the safety. I'm assuming you'd do that, anyway!

"The corridor does go left," came the reply from Farel. "And we cannot see a set of holes at the end here." Aurek, apparently dared to go further despite Westian's comments and a warning from Farel.

"The corridor goes stright on after the turn," said Aurek back again.

The group had not paused for long, but the adreneline was still flowing. A rumble could still be heard or imagined down the corridor from where they had just come. Ardur didn't help, looking backwards and wimpering at every little noise from anywhere. And just as importantly, somewhere a fat Trolin and a more honourable Trolin were running towards the Trolin King. One who could make life very difficult for the group, or alternatively could turn the tide against the blackskulls that had threatened and harmed the group.

Ok, that's all I go for you right now. Hope it's enough!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Oops, got distracted by phone call when typing the puzzle thing, and it's gone.

The original idea was from a while ago, so forgive the vagueness. It also wasn't very good, but I liked some of the physical appearance of it so kept that aspect. that the eight stones were fixed, were just a hint this was the continuation of the puzzle. The shited stones were the same, but the central thing would have said 'TIME with the five straight lines upraised as it five scores. I would have hinted quite a bit, the idea is that the outraised stone and the smaller stone were in the positons 0- roughly - of a long and shirt clock hand for 7 minutes passed six (the long hand would have also been out a little and moveable). Told you it was a stretch! even with help and extra thigns around, I just realised it was just simply too weird.

Anyway, the idea was to have numbers counting down. So set the time to 4 minutes passed 3 (again, moving the 'long' stone roughly, a little weird) to reveal another button. Press that twice, and the idea was...something.... was revealed for the 1 and 0 positions. And the 1 and 0 were also then linked to the 10 at the safe end of the corridor.

Seee, told you if you thought this puzzle was bad, the previous one would be somethign to hear. Again, it was kinda conceptual and then rested in my brain, and when I came back to it I knew it was just not twerakable to anything cool at all, so I kept the look as a hint of how the rock shifted in the dent.

The logic of the new puzzle was to create a method that obviously reset, and if someone had a copy of the stone, was so subtle that you could realise why the female trolin was clueless. Her original boss - the one Haynuus fought - was the one wirth the stone. Hence Uumack and the female trolin would have perhaps recalled he did something at some poitn in the corridor, but not really have it regietserd :)

Sorry iof the need to have the puzzle reset caused some confusion. But aren't you glad I didn't try rto make a counting down puzzle work!
money
On Master

Post by money »

"Come, we should move on" Falkor gestured to Westian (and the others) to move down the right path. He quickly looked back down the path they had travelled - he couldnt see anything coming but was sure it wouldn't be long before 'something' was. "Farel, Aurek - don't go any further. We are coming now." he turned to westian "unless you object or have concerns otherwise?"
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Westian eyed the Trolin warily as she moved down the corridor. Perhaps she was not keen on taking orders. While Westian had no doubt he had the upper hand at the moment - if trouble broke out then surely he could count on all four of the others taking his side - he would have to be careful all the same. They needed this Trolin. Or at least Westian did, if his plan was to have any chance of working.

"Yes, lets move" Westian agreed. "At least if there are some turns in the right hand route it will be harder for anyone to follow us. Or anything. But just hold on a minute"

He turned back to the Trolin. "Do you remember the route to your king? Anything at all you remember would be useful. The sooner we get there the better."

I rolled a 4. Lucky that roll was for no reason, eh? :)
beowuuf wrote:The shited stones were the same...
If Westian had known where those stones came from he would have been less willing to pick them up... :wink:
That puzzle sounds interesting, but if money and I struggled with the simpler one imagine how confused we would have been by that!
And sorry for the somewhat erratic posting, I have been rally busy. It should improve soon.