Doom Blade - Hint Book

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Re: Doom Blade - Hint Book

Post by Trantor »

Paul:
Spoiler
Wow, you are almost finished! To exit the room, put the Magic Mushroom into the alcove near the door. The original version had the mushroom in that alcove, but opening/closing the door didn't work quite as I wanted it. So I put the mushroom elsewhere and forgot to add a hint that the mushroom should be put in that alcove. Sorry!
the master:
Spoiler
You should need only one rock, you just have to turn the right teleporters on and off. My solution in the first post seems to be wrong , as Paul mentioned, but I can't check right now. If you stand in front of the pits, you need to throw a rock at the left teleporter. The one over the right pit must be turned off. The rock should turn right three times and fly to the left. There is one more teleporter there that you cannot see that has to be turned on. Try the solution in the first post, but with the middle lever on the left wall up, as Paul suggested. Hope that works, and I will check it out more tonight.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Quite a lot of puzzles in this area lol
Spoiler
In a room now with four buttons, and texts saying oiyu, giggler, scorpion and couatl - ushered them into the alcoves, but nothing happened. Is this right?
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I updated the first post again, now with the corrected answer to the first question in section E.
Paul, I also answered your question. But you have me worried. If you are stuck in that room, you shouldn't be able to have
Spoiler
found the Fireflower yet. You are supposed to have used up the four Emerald Keys before the room with the Fireflower opens up. Was the door open? Then consider yourself lucky to have encountered a useful bug. ;)
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Can't remember all the steps I took lol, but I have only used
Spoiler
one emerald key
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

D'oh! Then that's the first bug. :( Oh well, better a bug that benefits the players instead of one that makes the game unsolvable I guess...
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I am in a room with hazes and on the walls its says cross this room. I have tried dropping objects in the
Spoiler
form of a cross
but I don't think I am putting the objects in the correct place. What am I supposed to do here?
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I must be near the end, very CSB like!
Spoiler
In the cunning area at the start there are pits, many switches, a closed door and fireballs. Can't fathom it!
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Paul:
Spoiler
Is it in the room with the two Slime Devils? If yes: You can use the levers to make the fireballs go to the closed door. They will bash the door. Behind the door are some scorpions. Wait till the fireballs have killed them all, then you will be able to go on.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Spoiler
Ah managed to solve it by fireballing the door - the first fireballs I tried didn't break it, but got lucky with one. Couldn't direct the fireballs though, tried all the levers, they just seem to open further walls
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Spoiler
There are a few illusionary walls in there.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Hmm stuck again.
Spoiler
Can't seem to find a second key of B or a key to a plain lock nearby next to two iron doors
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Spoiler
There are two Keys of B on the Way of Cunning, one in a room with lots of hazes and gigglers, one in a room with pits and teleporters. Which one have you found?
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Spoiler
The hazes Not sure I have found the other room, will keep looking
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Paul:
Spoiler
You can find the other room with the second Key of B if you find the Rat Cellar and go on from there.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Spoiler
I guess it is the rocks of not crumble puzzle. thought I had solved it, and opened a door, but probably not
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Paul:
Spoiler
It's close to that. To the north of the "Rock of... do not crumble" , there is a door with a teleporter behind. Enter the teleporter, and you will be in a room with lots of pits and some doors. Continue there, and you will find a Solid Key. You have to cross the pit near the "Rock of ... do not crumble" to find the second Key of B.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Trantor
Spoiler
I have got to the room where you need tio fire an arrow onto a pressure plate. There is a flashing haze that is moving backwards and forwards. I have been trying for ages to get an arrow so that it misses the haze. Is it a case of just waiting for the right time or is there another way?
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

the master:
Spoiler
I assume you are still in the Tower of Fastilus. It is just a matter of the right timing, there is no other trick to it.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Probably missed something obvious but...
Spoiler
I have the skeleton key and have found an orange gem. But in the long tour option, to the right there is a door [not the sapphire key] that I cannot find the key to. Also missing emerald and master keys. In addition is an area with rockmonsters, and a portcullis with a blue haze behind it which I am yet to enter.

Seemed to get a dead end at Backfire too: killed all the monsters and the pits dissapeared, but when I walked back over the pits came back and I was stuck in the middle
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Paul:
Spoiler
You are not far from the end. Answered your questions above. You'll find the master key very soon.

About the dead-end: ARGH!!! The pits should only open once! I probably messed up with the multitude of triggers there. Sorry! :( Will have to investigate this closer...
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Ah, many thanks.
Spoiler
Well I guess I am at the end lol. I placed the dagger on the altar, and read page 42. I got the spell noise, but all wasnt ended?
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Spoiler
Throw the dagger into the void. I should add a hint to this... Oh, and tell me how you did, how long you took, how many secrets you found etc. ;)
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

All done!
Spoiler
I was trying to somehow merge the sword of Aram with the demons - I guess there is more than one ending though lol.

Took 13 hours and 8 mins, 126km and got 9/12 secrets
All in all a very enjoyable dungeon! I will add a review and comments shortly.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Congratulations Paul! :D And yes, there is
Spoiler
more than one ending. If you read page 42, you got the "bad" ending, as you probably already guessed. ;)
I'm looking forward to your comments and review!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

O.O Wow, first completion?

Not long back from work, will see if I can get further in to this tonight :D
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Trantor
Spoiler
I am in the graveyard and have just entered a building where I need a gold key to go down steps. On one side there is a place with some mummies. I have found the false wal nd the wall switch which opens up a room on the left with skeletons in. In this room there is a small passage with a lever. When I pull the lever it opens up a pit behind and in front of me. Could you tell me what I need to do next.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

the master, you will find your question in section F.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Spoiler
I am in a room with the writing "Hit Them All". I am throwing objects through the haze but nothing seems to be happening. In another part of this level there is a sign asking for fire - do I need to do anything here?
Why is it that just after I ask for a hint that I get a brainwave and solve the problem. Anyway solved the above and got the
Spoiler
2 heirlooms required
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Spoiler
I knew I would be back. After getting the 4 blue crystals I am in a room with a flying skeleton and whats looks to be a extinct transporter on the floor. I have tried everything to kill the skeleton but it doesn't seems to have any effect. Could you tell me what I need to do here?
Okay killed the skeleton. But can't work out where to go next. Teleporter thing hasn't come to life.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

the master, for the sake of completion, I included answers to your questions in the first post.
About what to do next:
Spoiler
You might have gotten a hint in the Tower of Fastilus.
Spoiler
Your next destination is the Forest of Illusion, east of the city of Kurast.