some questions

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lai
Adept

Re: some questions

Post by Lai »

7)
add music/noise:
if i have a short & small sample download...i dont understand where i have to add it, in order to use it ingame?
what i have exactly to do?
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

8 )
i have two endless shooter at same place: fireball and zo. their both are endless cause of two relays their have.
at the starting point of concern, the zo are off (at this time he wasnt on), the fire are works.
there are a leaver which have (like every leaver) two different status: up and down.
if the leaver are up, the shooter should cast fireballs, if down zo.
in order to manage this, the leaver points two counter: one count=1, the other one count=2 .... .,,,while writing this, i realize that 2 times push the leaver both working. hmh
ok, i have two leaver: one for fireball and one for zo. ^^
all endless shooters i build, worked with "activate" (activate relay, activate shooter). at all my old build, i stop them with a "destroy" trigger/relay if i want to stop them.
for this build i cannot use "destroy", but realize that "deactivate" the shooter or relay or both dont stop the mechanism. does im wrong (i hope) or doesnt this work?
i have to deactivate the firbeall shooter in order to use the zo, and backwards...
here are the two shooter with same build:

Code: Select all

ref022278-1	WALLITEM_SHOOTER			31	79	2	WEST		TYPE=(DOUBLE)	SHOOTS=(DUNGEON_SPELL_FIREBALL)	STRENGTH=(100)
ref022278-2	WALLITEM_HOLES_FIREBALL		31	79	2	WEST
ref022278-3	WALLITEM_RELAY			31	79	2	CENTRE	ACTION=(ACTIVATE)	TARGET=(ref022278-4)	OPTIONS=(DELAY:9)
ref022278-4	WALLITEM_RELAY			31	79	2	CENTRE	ACTION=(ACTIVATE)	TARGET=(ref022278-1,ref022278-3)
ref023179-1	WALLITEM_SHOOTER			31	79	2	WEST		TYPE=(DOUBLE)	SHOOTS=(DUNGEON_SPELL_ZO)	STRENGTH=(100)
ref023179-3	WALLITEM_RELAY			31	79	2	CENTRE	ACTION=(ACTIVATE)	TARGET=(ref023179-4)	OPTIONS=(DELAY:9)
ref023179-4	WALLITEM_RELAY			31	79	2	CENTRE	ACTION=(ACTIVATE)	TARGET=(ref023179-1,ref023179-3)
9)
if i want to use runes at ingame walls, IR = p ?? the sign i see using "p" ingame are like a "3"...but IR are something like mirrored 3
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I can't help you with 6a, sorry, I would need more free time to investigate.

7) Resources Menu -> Add/replace Audio. It should be self evident how to create and load a new sound into the editor. Give it a name such as SOUND_MYSOUND. To use it the game, you can assign it as a sound to TRIGGERS. There are also some sound objects you can use in the dungeon:
WALLITEM_SOUND_AMBIENT
WALLITEM_MUSIC_AMBIENT
FLOORITEM_SOUND_LOCALISED
You can trigger any of the sound objects using normal mechanisms. I think this should be enough info for you to get started here.

8) Change Shooter Type <- A Text File example for you to copy. The floor pad starts the sequence, after that, use the lever to change shooter type.
9) There is a mistake in the wall font. George has drawn the IR rune the wrong way around!You'll need to copy BITMAP_WALL_FONT, edit it, then replace it in the graphics resource tab.
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

first: thank u very much for this shooter :-)

10)
(i wonder if i have asked this another time, but cant find it)
i have a place where a monster are trapped at a 1x1 tile. at this place are a trigger which should activate a counter if the monster go away.
i didnt understand how to set the trigger, to activate the counter if the monster change his position (there are a movable wall which release the monster. the area the player could kill it are very big, so i dont want to work with invisible rock eg)
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

11)
i wonder if i could link a relay with the value of a counter in order to activate something else.

the build:
-i build a mechanism which loop open/close a door (in fact its nearly the same build like a shooter works). one of the used relays additive activate a counter.
the counter destroy the mechanism if its activatet about 100 times, this part of the build works.
-some relays are setup like the following:
parameter1: value of item : the counter
operation: equal to
parameter2:eg 5
this way i want to activate some mechanics linked to the counter. its something like a countdown and make eg walltext visible.

i dont know how to build this
Lai
Adept

Post by Lai »

12)
i want to make a big dark and none magic area. non magic are easy, i just put the "no magic" tiles where i want them.
next step i want to remove all the light-spell power, the player maybe have cast just before entering the area.
i want to make the area totally dark, but there are some shooters which spend a light.
sometimes i testet it and it works like itend, sometimes the fireballs from shooter do not light up the area.

it seems that the problem are, that the editor do not have a maximum light.
if i cast 10 times arch-light, i could trigger this light down into darkness, but if the player just cast 2 arch-light, the fireballs wont make like with the same settings.
i know that this works, cause the dark area in ToC