TIME'S CHAMPIONS: Finale OOC thread

Forum for the finished DM D&D game 'Time's Champions' run by beowuuf

Moderators: Ameena, raixel

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: TIME'S CHAMPIONS: Finale OOC thread

Post by beowuuf »

A little overly confident, aren't we :p

Hmm, still no sign of LB? :( I'll update early tomorrow before work (mental note - repare the post tonight and get up early tomorrow before work) which should give LB a chance to post, but won't have the rest of you waiting a day. I'm sure Ameena can post in the morning instead!

And yeah, depending upon your tactics, you might start running out of NPCs or hit pints or both. It's getting tight, and Gholst has one last little surprise for you guys too...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Gah, sorry, ran out of time (need to be in work early...and even now it won't be that early :( ). Didn't want to let an update roll on a whole day and miss a day of OB's posting :( I'll try and post at lunchtime without a map, although last days of the month and we're busy shipping stuff, so we'll see if that happens. Skipped lunch completely yesterday!
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

NEVER skip lunch dude. That's almost blashpemy with a stomach like mine!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Good news! I ate an early lunch of baked potato with chesse. Bad news...well, you can see the bad news. Updating now!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Oh noes, what have I maybe done? :(

Sucks we seem to have dropped LB for the last coupel of days, hope he's ok and comes back. It might be because of the end of the month internet fun, so if that's the case hopefully Monday woudl see him return. Sad and worrying not to have heard from moneyand Raixel since the end of July/start of August :( Two months flies passed so quickly :(
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Haynuus, no!!! You will pay for that beo!

Sad LB is gone, we need all the PCs we can get.

I hope Raixel is ok, she did mention about a sick friend and then disappeared, so I hope it is nothing too serious.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Money had stuff going on, so understandable if he didn't have the time to come back - RL busy-ness, etc. Raixel also hadcomputer issues, but yeah, you tend to fear the worst. :( Liek I said, LB did warn that at the end of the month his internet sometimes went over, though he didn't think it shoudl be a problem anymore it's hopefulyl the proper co-incidental timign for that to happen.

And woohoo! Haynuus is not dead! Yet... That was very close, I knew that a missed LO potion even on my part would make the difference. Wow, Endurance means he's still alive with -6hp, and now damn, at -7hp but I think it's safe to say that it was worth spending that point... those are two damn fine rolls backed up by some damn fine damage. Aurek took out Dargat, Haynuus has took out Garax. Hey OB, whatcha gunna to against Gholst, then :p

Remember that Haynuus is on his last legs so can ONLY move or use a standard action each round. He can move without injury, but a standard action costs him a hit point. He's only got three more of those to spend before I REALLY get him and you can get madder at me than before :p
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Post by Lord_BoNes »

Sorry for the lack of posting peoples... It's the school holidays here, and my partner has two brothers that needed baby-sitting (thier father works, and during the day they'd be home alone... so we had to fill in the gaps). As a result, I've been in Melbourne since last Saturday. I've still been reading what's been going on, on a bloody iPhone :evil:, but trying to post on one of those things is an ordeal and a half.

However... some good news for you all... my partner, Jacqui, is pregnant :D. We've been trying for a while now, and it's finally happened. YAY! She should be due late May.

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Congratulations! We'll have little paladins running around these here forum threads in a few years :)

Pssst, Melbourne is better than Basingstoke at least.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Oooh, congratulations!

Understood about the iPhone, and hey, Basingstoke's been sunny for the last day!
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Congratulations LB! And congrats to Jacqui too!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

A flat out day at work and pub after have delayed me responding to anything! Anyway, I might post an update now, sans LB if he's busy, since his most logicval action would be the same one as Haynuus made, and it would be sad to waste an action.

Instead, if I update, LB can post his reaction at the end of that round, then all you guys can react to the next round.

I don't mind you taking narratuive liberties there OB, after all the mechanical rules (and even the DM rules) are pretty abstract. After all, mechnically what's the difference hit point wise between having your leg ran through (so you're likely to fall over), and simply having so much blunt force trauma to your chest that you are winded and an easy catch. Nothign aside from the low value. Doens't mean you can't play them up. So yeah, similarly, while mechnaically I'm not going to penalise you for beign weak and yet still heroic and determined enough to move and strike at things, feel free to play up the exhaustion of constant spellcasting. I like it.

After all, Ameena's still alive after her little murafu went insane over a simple kicked nose! :p

And wow, we've now been going 25 months! For those feeling tired, we won't see 26 months, but for those feeling sad, make each last post count like it's your last. WAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAAHA

Umm, I mean... *runs*
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

All I've got to do is put this bloody Soulstone together...and then probably run away very fast since Gholst is likely to try and obliterate me as completely as possible before ol' Grey turns up to stop him...
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

I reckon Haynuus will be conveniently healing himself by the raised dais holding the last piece... Assuming he survives the next post by the dm.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Well, I now have all of the other pieces (though I suppose though around the plinth may not necessarily have noticed which of Passin and Ameena took the fragment after it popped out of the altar), so if I can get to the last one I can just ram the things all together and probably have to look away from the big bright sparkly light that may thus emerge. Ooh it's like the ending of "The Dark Crystal" - okay Haynuus, don't get yourself stabbed to death right at the last moment after throwing me the fragment that I need to (hopefully) save the day :D. And actually, remember from the map that Gholst is basically now between the altar and the plinth, though I'll be trying to head around him (in a wide arc!) to get to the final piece. Don't let that stupid undead, body-possessing spirit-guy get hold of the fragment or we might all be buggered! :O
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I love how everyone is happy to let NPCs go over to Theron and do all that 'dealing with Karnadee' stuff. Sure sure, Petal is a player character on autopilot, that makes all the difference. Nothing bad could happen ignoring that aspect. And nothing bad coupld happen listening to me and splitting the party, either :D :evil:

And yup, you've risked a lot and done very well to get al lthe pieces together. It would be a truly horrible person to have the stone make a 'mrrp mrrp mrrp' sound, like when the Millenium Falcon was supposed to go in to hyperdrive but couldn't...

You all heard Garax's final words, right? I mean, yeah, you know, you've done so much, it's all going great, almost there, yadda yadda, but, you know, Theron is still focused on Karnadee, Gholst is still around, and Lolth was only crippled from manifesting for a wile, not...you know...banished yet. *whistles*

So close to the end, but I'm still gunna make you fgight for it, in an action packed (and potentially final? :( ) week next week!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I've just checked the map and it looks like I can get round to the plinth in one move (going a square or two north/northwest first to get out of the aura, then west and finally back south a square or two) which is cool. But I'm completely confused about when I'm acting and stuff. Does Gholst get to go before me because my non-lethal damage is two more than my current hp? I have no healing pots remaining, having given one to Helm for Falkor and used the other one on Passin. Because, you know, if Gholst gets to attack me I'm totally fucked :P.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Not surprised, I made it quite confusing!

Technically you have a movement in hand because Passin delayed, so would force you to delay. You can't run/charge, but all that means is you can't move in a straight line at x4 your speed, and can't move at x2 your speed in a straight line and attack.

Still make the DC16 will save, and if you fail then you might find that grabbing anything from the plinth, or using anything Haynuus gives you, might take longer and let Gholst at least partially act. And having more non-lethal damage than hp means you'll take -2 to any physical checks.

Basically, this set up is a quick way for me to have Gholst psychically attack you guys, and for you to be able to quickly RP the effects, without you having to make will saves, then wait for me to update. And of course without me actually stopping you from moving or knocking you all unconscious. It's the end of the encounter, and you are big damn heroes. Gholst should be able to screw with you guys, but as a DM it's no fun if I can actually block you from being heroic. Plus we've had that flavour of assault already from Dolo. This seems liek a good compromise, and a variation on the theme of confronting your demons to be heroes :)

Oh, and remember that some (or all?) or you had +2 to will saves against Gholst's shit after standing up to him waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the temple after the mummy fight. I think at the very least Haynuus and Ameena stood up to Gholst after being targetted.

So yeah, make all the moves you want, but if you fail the will save, be aware Gholst may get to partially or fully act ahead of you while you are in the fire and being assaulted by essentially dispair. An echo of the dispair and anger of the souls he has trapped, now targetted at you.

Ameena ended up acting behind Gholst because Passin still had one final 'hmm, wait, this stone does what? Umm, so I wanna go that route...' but since you are are being so gosh darn kick arse, I think Passin can finally feel he's on the right side, and that standing up to evil is actually not futile. Well, he did until the fire hit him, but whatchagunna do :)

So Ameena will get a move before Gholst, and then a normal spread of movements.

LB, since I 'delayed' your character this round to get an update up, you technically have your actions for last round and the next round. Basically say you have a standard action in hand, and then a normal set of movements.

All the rest of you will get a full spread of movements this 'round', and the will save (if applicable) then lets you know if Gholst might screw with your plans or not :)

Hopefully that's clearerer?
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

So I reckon Haynuus will act AFTER Gholst this round then? His will save wasn't very high. Ohhhh let's get this together people!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Actually, if you look at your sheet, you have +6 will while wearign the circlet, and +2 for resisting Gholst as mentionedearlier (cause you gfaced off against him in the temple) so actually only have 9 or less non-lethal damagwe, you weill auto-save against the effect. Choose to RP this how you will, althoguh I think your previous post pretty much also explains why Haynuus won't be effected right now. He's kinda letting go of the past and happy to stand with his friends. Dispair be damned :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

ian_scho wrote:undead-interdimensional-nightmare-thing versus fluffy-cuddly-whisker-thing
*choke* can't *choke* breath *choke* you've been a great *choke* group *choke* tell my friends and *choke* family *choke* I faked my death *choke* and had been alive * choke* all this time *choke* tell cherry coke *choke* I loved it *choke* even if *choke* I'm choking to death on it *choke*
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Woohoo! Go Haynuus! :D Okay so it might be suicidal but from a player PoV it distracts the Big Bad from my character so she can do what she's trying to do. Hopefully one round should be enough - all I've got to do is knock that fragment off the plinth so I can get at it properly (because I think the plinth is probably taller than I am so I'll probably need to jump up and whack it or generally give it a shove or something to make it fall off), and then it's just a matter of yanking the bits out of my pouches and jamming them together - sorted :D.
And then the Grey Lord will probably show up just as Lolth reappears and there'll be a big showdown between those two, meanwhile Gholst will finish off Haynuus, Karnadee will have died from the burny-sword and Theron will be all despairing so Gholst will hop into his body and kill him like before, then the Grey Lord will get all pissed off again and we'll still end up with Chaos taking over the world! :O
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Pretty much. Oh, except:
Ameena wrote:And then the Grey Lord will probably show after Lolth reappears and kills you all
Fixed that one for you. :D
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Lol okay then...but Chaos will still take over the world and destroy everything then, unless Lolth ganks him too and takes over instead ;).
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

What would be great is if we had a 'pile-on'. Did you have those at school? What would happen is that some poor sap would fall/get-knocked over and THEN someone would shout 'piiiillleee-ohhhhnnnn!' and it didn't matter how big they were as they could never get out due to all of the pubescent bodies heaped on top of them. Could work for this Gholst guy, me thinks.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yep, though those involved tens of people, and not just - you know - a coupel of wounded party people :)

And after the pile on, the victim couldn't do the great villain trick of being in a new body higher up the pile...
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

And also the victim probably wasn't usually on fire ;).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, that too.

Okies, just awaiting OB/LB (at least oen of them) and then I can move us on. I already know what's gunna happen to Haynuus.... will he succeed in pulling focus from Ameena? What's happenieng everywhere else?
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Well, I must say I don't foresee many good things in Haynuus's immediate future...but who knows - maybe he'll have bought enough time for the Soulstone to get put together. And then it'll probably turn out that the Grey Lord is at some kind of important High Lord meeting and so he's busy and doesn't notice the call and turns up in half an hour to see all our corpses strewn about the place and Gholst in a half-fallen-apart Dargat body standing over it all, laughing like a maniac, while the shadow of Lolth creeps up behind him and is about to chomp his stupid flaming spiritual head off :D.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Well, it won't be EXAAACTLY like that, but, you know, expect maybe one more complication before the end. Not too much, there's only so many twists and turns you want in a finale, after all :D