TIME'S CHAMPIONS: Finale OOC thread

Forum for the finished DM D&D game 'Time's Champions' run by beowuuf

Moderators: Ameena, raixel

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Re: TIME'S CHAMPIONS: Finale OOC thread

Post by Lord_BoNes »

Hey Beo! I just noticed that you have exactly 18,000 posts!!! W00T! :P

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Not anymore!

Edit: Eeew, that makes me an HSE standard now :(
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Post by Lord_BoNes »

Hehehe. LOL!

1 death is a tragedy,
- Joseph Stalin

ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Blimey. Health and Safety would put a stop to your long hours in front of the keyboard!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Apparenrly health and safety tried to confiscate a sentence of mine, I put it back.
raixel
The Dungeon Master Cylinder

Post by raixel »

Is there any way to get back to the original proscreamer? I read that it should be under your board prefs but all I see is prosilver, subsilver and the new one. For me personally its way too busy and I want to switch back to the old one, although I appreciate all the hard work people put in to make our little community more colorful.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Not sure, I wonder if it might be worthwhile to have both since some poeple are pointing out it's harder to browse at work as well!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Holding off for Ian, but it will be a relatively brief update anyways. Really, you guys have enough information, so perhaps take it easy IC tomorrow and let's have a cool OOC plan for getting in and rescuing the altar from evil mummies :D

Funny, I gave you lot Trolins to just blast passed all these things, but no, you had to go pacifist/distrustful and hamstring them! So you gotsta take 'em all out by hand!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Hey, we don't know where Dolo is, if he got out of that cell we locked him in ;). We don't wanna be raising a shout and kicking arse as noisily as possible if he's just sat around a couple of rooms away ;). Likewise Garax - we don't know where he is either, or if there are any more mummies or Blackskulls or anything else around that might come running.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

If only you had twenty disposable allies to take care of those uncertainties who weren't afraid of their own shadows and touching anything! If only!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Twenty? There's as many as that? Wargh, big group. I suppose I wasted my time making those really cool Stealth rolls then ;). Anyway, Ameena doesn't like to see anyone get hurt. She's just not fussed about undead because they're already dead and by nature they're "wrong" so they don't feel pain and aren't alive etc.
Anyway...if someone wants to let the other trolls know about the problem, it's not like we don't have messengers who can travel really fast and avoid most obstacles, is it? ;) Of course, whether the other trolls will listen to them is another matter...unless they can mimic voices or something, I dunno :P.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yup, twenty-ish. And yes, yes you DO have messengrs that could instantly go and tell people stuff. If only they knew...if only...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Oops, I'm an idiot. OB was gone from the 20th, not 'somewhere aroudn the 25th, wasn't it?' as was in my head. So lol, yeah.... that was an embarrassing slip.

I think the pace of the game is such that it won't finish until OB is back (sorry Raixel!), so it just requires a little creative Westian being in background-ness.

I did have a few ideas for what to do over Westian's absense, but I would prefer just to deprocate Westian's presence in certain ways than do the few big things I was toying with. I don't want to split you guys up, really! Not unless you choose to split!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Aaw no but we need him to bless the altar thingy so it brings Helm back propelry rather than doing nasty Dolo magic to him or whatever :O.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, he's doing other things with other altars in real life I'm afraid. I'm sure Westian can do what needs done when it needs done
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Hye, raixel has a rather evil number of posts right now!:D
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Actually the "Number of the Beast" is 616 so she's already gone past it some time ago ;).
Oh btw, what happened to Helm's corpse? Is Haynuus still carrying it or did he dump it on the floor for now?
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Still here, just about. Last few days I was just way too busy to post. Work got very busy (and it is exam time, so even in the normal course of events it would be busy), plus had to organise things for the wedding. I should be able to post sporadically until Wednesday though.

Beo - if you are updating continue as you are and play Westian as an NPC if I don't get a post in time. I cannot guarantee any more updates until June 17th, even though I hope to be able to get a few!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It sounds so far away, and three and a bit weeks can fly by! The pace is sort of slower to accomodate all the various reactions and to let a few poeple post. As we get closer to the end, it will get faster.

SO I think Westian NPC'd for three weeks won't put you at the disadvantage you might think!
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Actually, since you would presumably feel bad killing him under your watch it might be an advantage. :wink:

But seriously, yes you are probably right, combat takes a week or so to get resolved, especially with 6 people, so I doubt it will all be over by the time I am back.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Killing his directly - yes, very bad show. Having him mind controlled and forcing the players to kill him? Oddly, my conscience feels pretty darn clear :D

And yeah, will try to make the combat faster - especialyl with the number of people - but kinda funny thjat a narrative radblock actually needs to come to blows. Really, you guys were just supposed to throw Trolisn and cool ideas at all the problems for a while, so it could be all epic scale yet still be quick to resolve.
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

It seems no one likes the Trolins. :(

I re-read the introduction to the fight...you did say it should be narrative all right. I think we are all guilty of missing out on that except LB now that I look.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It's gunna be a tricky balance between narrative and nechanical though. Anyway, got four out of six people posted, so might nudge us on right now with the understanding people can still add axctions along with new actions as we go.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

As soon as the mummies are down, Ameena's gonna be bugging Westian to check out the altar and make it "safe" since the Water Elementals said, I think, that the normal Vi magic was still there but that Dolo might have done something weird to it so it might take a priesty-type to sort it out, or something. But anyway, that's one thing to go on Westy's to-do list once this fight is over ;). Of course, I suppose Aurek or Deephold could try it too, seeing as they're both holy types (I can't actually remember whether Deephold is a Pally or a Cleric, lol)...
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I think while that was a worry, it was generally thought the altar was not fully affected by Dolo's evil - unlike the altars taken over by Soorec (not that they said that, I'm just pointing out Soorec really buggered up those altars for his grak-grak creation)

And wow, so confident it won't take all three clerics to try and make the Altar work., Remmeber when it took a dead Westian on one side and Falkor/Aurek on the other to get Westian and Farel back? No? That's cause you just don't think of how difficult these thigns are :p Bloody rogues!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Pfff, I can leave the religious technicalities to the holy types. I'll just concentrate on sneaking around, stabbing nasty undead stuff, and being nice to people ;). Anyway, I wonder if using that cloak requires the Arcana skill - maybe Falkor can tell Ameena about it and lend it to her or something so she can go talk to Helm herself :D.
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

I am sure with Westian, Deephold and Aurek all together there shoudl be a good chance to get him back (or notice if anything is wrong with the altar). Westian will remember trying to coax Farel to come back to his body in the spirit world, and he would share his experiences with the others if they were repeating the trick for Helm.

Anyway I really am heading off now, see you all in 3 weeks! :D
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

BYE! HAVE FUN! GOOD LUCK! DON'T FORGET US!
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Good luck Oh Beeee!
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Post by Lord_BoNes »

Catch ya around, OB! You go have 'fun' with your new wife, hehehe :P

However, your getting married reminded me of an old joke that I got told:
Did you know that marriage is worse than murder?
Spoiler
For murder you only get 25 years. For marriage... you get life.

1 death is a tragedy,
- Joseph Stalin