DM Chronicles (RELEASE)

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Kesa
Journeyman

DM Chronicles (RELEASE)

Post by Kesa »

~DUNGEON DOWNLOAD~
Download this dungeon from this Shared OneDrive (in the 'Custom Dungeons' folder)

Welcome to DM-Chronicles,

First off I recently got into RTC editing, but already hooked and cant stop working on my project DM-Chronicles. Below I have labled information about the game and hope once it is finished it will be a fun game for all to enjoy. The game is not meant to really be hard core in story or puzzles, but it will have both reguardless.

Story Summary
-----------------------------------------------------
The story is about the 5 crystals of the world that have become unstable and need warriors to come forth to return the crystals to their balance state. Because the crystals lost balance the world has been engulfed by monsters raising havoc on the lands, if the crystals are not restored to their balance the world will be consumed leaving nothing but dust particles in space and time.

Basic Information
----------------------------------------------------------
The game will start out partyless, you will get to choose your warriors from the crystalist chambers (DM style mirrors with warriors). All the avatars used are from final fantasy and share the same look and feel so nothing is out of whack in graphics. After selecting your team you move further into the dungeon which seems like DM style at first but the graphics will take a huge turn once you go further into the game. There isnt all dungeon in this game, you go from the chambers to caverns to forest area to palace like places. The graphics were all used from DM, DM2 EOTB series and will hold customized feel, monsters to items have been cloned with different effects and feel so it isnt just another DM your walking into.

Screenshots
-------------------------------------------------
In the picture above I was able to edit the images myself to make alcoves that match the walls instead of the same crappy one every time.

Progress
-------------------------------------------------
So far the game is about well hard to say, but out of the 5 crystals the story leads you to the 1st one so far and another empty dungeon not yet finished. Each dungeon has custom music so it doesnt get old and it plays most of the dungeon some areas might change music, but some dungeons just run the same song on loop. So about 4 maps done 5th in works...

I hope this will be a nice dungeon crawler when its done or demo, what every comes first. Ok thank you for your time.
RAF68
Lo Master

Re: DM Chronicles (RELEASE)

Post by RAF68 »

thank you Kesa I test following games your :)
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Has anyone reached the Lunatic Level yet? I am getting a crash on the B2 Level.
lbk
Craftsman

Post by lbk »

Where are you getting the crash at? I have gotten
Spoiler
outside on the B2 level but cannot open the door outside
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

lbk
Spoiler
I came through the false wall and down the stairs. There is a web door which I went passed and then went onto the next one. It looks like a large room (couldn't really tell as I didn't get into it, fought 3 spiders and then got the crash standing in the entrance of the room.
Kesa
Journeyman

Post by Kesa »

I am looking into this and found nothing, can you please post the crash message or a screenshot of this error for me please? thnx
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Kes I think this could be the B3 level. I actually fought the 3 spiders in the room whilst standing in the entrance. When I had killed all 3 I stepped forward and got the crash. I will see if I get any sort of message and send it to you.
lbk
Craftsman

Post by lbk »

the master: Maybe I do not know where your crash is, the B2 level has
Spoiler
water on the floor
, if that is where you are?

I am still stuck at a door on the B2 level, there is not button or keyhole to open it.
Spoiler
I have found 3 places to go outside on this level, one is just a dead end (about 5 squares) another teleports you to the entrance of the Drow level. The last has a closed door that I cannot open. I have checked all of the walls and do not think I have missed any areas
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

lbk
It could actually be the B3 level. It is a very small level which you have to enter through a false wall. This is the level you entered after you finished the Forest Level. At the beginning there are three gates. All the creatures on this level are either spiders or Flying Eyes. I have actually started this level again and will save it just before this level and then see if I can play it differently so that I hopefully don't get a crash. lbk is this the level you are on?
lbk
Craftsman

Post by lbk »

I am not sure if I am there or not, where I am at there are
Spoiler
a lot of dragons and flying eyes
. Is it after that?
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Have now re-done the offending level and managed to get past it without a crash. It may have been the fact that I saved it in the doorway and it didn't like it. Anyway seems to be okay this time so be aware.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Kes
Spoiler
I am now on the Lost Palace level and have entered the Earth Door and have got to the Crystal. The door has closed behind me and I have cast the usual spell onto it expecting the door to re-open - only it hasn't. Have I missed something here. Is there another spell for this crystal?
Kesa
Journeyman

Post by Kesa »

did you read the
Spoiler
wall writings that tell you about a spell they are unsure what it does?
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Kesa wrote:did you read the
Spoiler
wall writings that tell you about a spell they are unsure what it does?
Errrr No - could you let me know what it was Kes (as a spoiler) cos I am stuck in the room now and can't get out.

Its okay Kes used a old save and went back and found the spell. Now out of the room.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

On the fire level couldn't find the key need anywhere. Small hint please.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Finished all the other rooms and killed off everything in fire room, just can't find the key. Mind you I found 2 in the Wind Room!
Kesa
Journeyman

Post by Kesa »

Spoiler
Where there is 4 fire pits shall you find a hidden wall somewhere.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Kes
Spoiler
got key. Went into Fire Crystal room and cast spell. Message said Fire Crystal Absorbed. But outer door didn't open. Am I using correct spell, I am using same spell as for Water Room, Wind Room and Earth Room
Kesa
Journeyman

Post by Kesa »

The door should open, not sure whats wrong with it...
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

So is this version "finishable" or not? I'm asking because I started playing it and I don't want to be "trapped".
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Jan
I saved it just before entering the room and have tried it 3 times now and the door is not opening. So in my opinion I would say it is unfinishable, have to wait and see what Kes says as if she issued a fix it will mean starting right from the beginning and I just couldn't stand that - well not for a couple of weeks anyway.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

:( Oh no, that's not good. I've started the previous versions for about 4 times and always got stuck somewhere and now I thought this one was final and for the first time I passed through the "four blue quarters pie" and got to the Palace B1 or something and now this. :( Well, I'll go on and see what can be done, anyway. :)
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Jan
You still have some mighty big levels to go. You are hardly into it. Would suggest that you wait until Kes brings out a corrected version because its a lot of time and effort for little reward believe me cos I have done them all.
lbk
Craftsman

Post by lbk »

The Master:
Spoiler
If you stand in the 2nd doorway when you cast the absorb crystal spell the outer door does not close and you absorb the fire crystal
. This should solve your problem hopefully.

Edit: And I am out, 6 hours and 30 minutes. I couldn't see any of the statistics though because RTC crashed :( The game was pretty fun, most of the stuff was straight forward and the battles weren't really too hard. Thanks for the game!
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

lbk - brilliant, it worked. I would never have thought of doing that in a million years. Don't think it was quite supposd to work like that though, its a good job the crystal was in line with the door.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Oh, wow, great, so it's doable! Wait for me at the exit, wait for me, wait for me! :)
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Jan wrote:Oh, wow, great, so it's doable! Wait for me at the exit, wait for me, wait for me! :)
OK Jan I am standing at the exit, but wait whats this aaaahhhhhhhh.......
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Could I ask if the red dragons on the level after the crystal rooms are reproducing and do I need to kill them all.
What is the spell for the last crystal.
lbk
Craftsman

Post by lbk »

Yes,
Spoiler
the dragons in the last area reproduce (very quickly actually) but no, you do not need to kill them
You use the restore crystal spell,
Spoiler
you got it at the first crystal, its something like a power rune, the third rune, the last rune, and the one that looks like an airplane
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Finished. Great game Kes. Few problems which I am sure you will overcome next time.