Hellooooooooo!

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
MisterSushi
Novice

Hellooooooooo!

Post by MisterSushi »

Sushi's the Name, and the Drawing is the game! Well... Dungeon master is the game- I guess drawing is more the interest/hobby/calling in life.
I never did stop playing Dungeon Master. Played it on the old computer, and once that died on me I actually found a copy of it for the Super Nintedo.
Did anyone else know about that version? I'll try to take a picture of it, it was licensed by JVC I think. It was really good for a remake, you should check it out!
So all that being said, is there any speciffic way to post fan art here?Image I can't quite figure it out...
does it have to be from the internet only? I have lots of stuff on the old computer~.
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Re: Hellooooooooo!

Post by Lord_BoNes »

Welcome to the Dungeon-Master forums...

For showing images, you need to upload the image somewhere that can be accessed by other people.

You should check out the Dungeon-Master Encyclopedia for more information on other DM versions and clones. I'm pretty sure that there is a mention of the SNES version on there somewhere. Here's the link to the page about the SNES version.

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

HI MisterSushi and welcome to the forums. Great to have another fan on board!

To post images, you'll need to have a link to the direct image. Deviant Art pages can't be embedded in an IMG tag on this forum, so you could just post the link to the webpage instead, like this: http://browse.deviantart.com/traditional/#/d3eyoxc

Very nice work by the way :-)

We're all aware of the SNES version here -- most of us are hardcore DM fans and know *everything* about it ;-)
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Hello, Sushi Master, and welcome! I'm looking forward to seeing the stuff you'll send here. :D
Gambit37 wrote:most of us are hardcore DM fans and know *everything* about it
I don't. :wink:
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Woo yet another wanderer of the Net stumbles across our little lair and recognises the familiarity - welcome to the forum :D. We hope to hear all the embarrassing stories you have to tell about dying in stupid ways during your early play-throughs of DM/CSB back in the day :twisted:. You're not the only one here who likes doing arty stuff - one member, Cowsmanaut, has recently been doing his own versions of the DM character portraits and has done other stuff before that - they're cool pics, you might wanna check 'em out :). Other people have designed their own graphics for their own custom DM dungeons and stuff. I've not done much myself...drew silly versions of some people's forum avatars in Paintbrush a few years ago but that's it - I prefer to write stuff than try to draw it as I'm somewhat better with words than with a pencil ;).
Have fun on the forum and poking around at DM-related stuff, etc :).
Novice

Post by MisterSushi »

Here we go, I'll try and post some now... I didn't actually do that other image of the doggy, I just tried to show first image I could find with a URL.

SO.....

Some roughs of Dungeon Mastery things I did this morning before work~

Gothmog http://badmistersushi.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3f6cpc

Hopefully that worked. I did these in ball point, I do most of my roughs in pen- it makes me take a better look at what
I'm doing before put the ink to the paper.

Daroou http://badmistersushi.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3f7yjv

What the heck is Daroou anyhow? Is he a monkey? Bigfoot? A Wookie perhaps??? :D

Tiggy! I tried to make her a bit crazed looking, whaddya think? http://badmistersushi.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3f6csw

I always thought it was strange that she had the most Mana when Gothmog was the journeyman wizard.

Hissssa http://badmistersushi.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3f6cvs

Who admittedly looks a bit Godzilla- but these are roughs, I'm still hammering out the rough edges :D

This Alex Ander one doesn't really thrill me, I think I'll completely change the look on account of it's blandness.
http://badmistersushi.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3f6czb

And here's one I drew a while back! It's loosely dungeon inspired, you might recognize a certain Bika riding atop a weird pug/lion beastie~ The girl in the berserker helm is my girlfriend. She's an incredibly forgiving and loving girlfriend ~

http://badmistersushi.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3f6d4k

The scarecrow is loosely me. If only I had a brain (A smart one)

SO ... critique me! I'm usually drawing something, unfortunately it's often the comic that me and my brother are working on. But I'm thinking doing some art just for the fun of it, I dig the idea of doing paintings and charcoals of all the champions and monsters of the dungeon. Someone already favorited the Tiggy rough on my deviantart, and I only opened it today. I mean the account only started today, I never had one yet- so was it one of you guys?

If not- there's still a lot of people out there that long for a relaxing walk down a brick corridor in the torchlight.
I'm one of em.
MisterSushi
Novice

Post by MisterSushi »

I just did some old post stalking, and all of Cowsmanaut's paintings are brilliant! Is that done by hand or in the computer? I really can't tell! I loved the Tiggy, and the spooky looking twilight lit forest is awesome.

Is there a website with all the portraits on it? I saw some game that looked like it was done in the same vain, almost like the whole thing was an oil painting- I'm curious where I could find that too.

Glad to see I'm not a freak because I constantly draw screamers and spell vines. Or at least, not the only one :D
Last edited by MisterSushi on Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Oh, wow, that looks awesome! I don't understand drawing, so everything I can say is I like it! :P I like all the things you showed, but if I had to choose the ones I like most, it'd be Gothmog and Alex Ander. And, of course, the last one, with you and your GF. It looks absolutely fantastic. :D I'm looking forward to seeing more things you did - DM-related or not.

PS And I think Daroou is a Wookie!

EDIT: Oh, wait, scarecrows usually have only one leg!
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Those pics are cool :D. I like all of 'em...I think Alex looks a bit like an Erudite (if you're familiar with Everquest...). I like they way you've done...well, pretty much all the chars, really...and I like the Wuuf - he's cute :D.