Creating wallsets

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Leslie
Adept

Creating wallsets

Post by Leslie »

Hi there,

I started learning editing via RTC some days ago, and now I'd like to create my own wallset. Do I have to grab my Windows paint and start painting from scratch, or is there an easy way to create wallsets? I even don't know which and how many pictures I have to create for a complete wallset.
Thanks in advance for your help :)
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Creating wallsets

Post by Gambit37 »

Getting wallsets right from scratch is a tricky and frustrating experience. I wouldn't use paint, it's not sophisticated enough -- PhotoShop or GIMP are better tools for this sort of thing.

There is a tool called RTCWM (RTC Wall Maker) which does a good job of creating wall sets from flat bitmaps. There's a thread about it in the Editing forum.
Leslie
Adept

Re: Creating wallsets

Post by Leslie »

Thanks a lot! I downloaded the tool and already created my first basic wallset ;)
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.