wallsets and objects

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
frank1974
Novice

wallsets and objects

Post by frank1974 »

I have ( with help from gambit ) just about finished my first small kids dungeon.
I have a few ideas running around in my head for a larger dungeon and have been
wondering if there is away or a resource that puts all the different wallsets and objects that have been made in custom dungeons
into my rtc editor.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: wallsets and objects

Post by Gambit37 »

Unfortunately, no. You'll have to do it by hand :-(

You might find it's quicker to work at the TXT file level. You can open it in Notepad and edit it, and type in your new objects, etc, but it can be complicated.
frank1974
Novice

Post by frank1974 »

TXT file are way beyond what i can cope with right now
but i was reading some of the other posts and have had an idea
i think i can open the tower of champions in the editor wipe all the levels and then use the wall sets from there.

BTW i saw that it was you that made the kid dungeon, my boy loves playing it and thats what gave me the idea to make my one
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

You can't edit Tower of Champions: it's a compiled RTC file and these can't be opened in the editor. (Exactly to stop people from ripping stuff out of them ;-) )

You can load the Dungeon master walls into a new dungeon, by copying the relevant block of code from the DM2 TXT files. It's honestly not that tricky -- if you scroll through looking for wallset definitions, that's the stuff you need to copy. You can also find lots ofresources in this thread, as well as on the RTC Wiki.

The Kid dungeon comes with the original Dungeon Master game, on the old Apple 2 computer -- I didn't create it from scratch, I just made it work in RTC ;-)
frank1974
Novice

Post by frank1974 »

"You can't edit Tower of Champions: it's a compiled RTC file and these can't be opened in the editor. "

if you go to file/open and then files of type/all files it brings up all the files in your rtc module folder
the dungeon will then be in the list 1-4 in your editor after that you can save it as a text file.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

But... you can't do that with a compiled RTC file (one with a .RTC file extension). The editor won't even try to open it and you can't save a RTC file as an editable TXT file.

I think you're getting confused between the TXT file and the compiled .RTC file...?