Combo's

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
ferala
Apprentice

Combo's

Post by ferala »

On the freeweb site i saw a whole list of Dm/CSB attack combo's. What exactly do combo's do?
Toufman
Novice

Re: Combo's

Post by Toufman »

Combos are the sets of actions available in the game, mostly through items.

For instance Combo # 2 is Punch, Kick, War Cry which is the set of action for bare hand combat.
Combo # 10 is Chop, Melee, Fireball which is the set of actions available when using the Fury (DM) or Ra Blade (CSB).
Combo # 36 is Blow Horn which is the single action available on the Horn of Fear... etc...
Balance is the ultimate good
ferala
Apprentice

Post by ferala »

But what does a combo do?

Combo's are usually a series of commands do give some special attack or extra damage. Like finishing moves in Mortal Combat.

If combo's are just a series of attacks that do not do anything.. then i could decide that 4 x Punch is also a combo :)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

It's just a label. They aren't combos in the sense of a series of linked attacks, as you might get in a beat-em-up.

It refers to the combination of attacks available on a given weapon -- the combo's themselves don't DO anything. Pay it no heed, it's not relevant to Dungeon Master at all, at least not in the way you're inferring.
ferala
Apprentice

Post by ferala »

That explains why no one was writing about them. Else i would have read about what combo is best :)
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

btw, real combos would be a interesting feature : 2 swings + 1 chop with sword would produce a super-melee for example, depending on fighter level. probably doable in DSB i think.
"The only way out is another way in." Try Sukumvit's Labyrinth II