Escape from Order's Prison: HINTS & TIPS (Spoilers)

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Soaponarope
Artisan

Re: Escape from Order's Prison: HINTS & TIPS (Spoilers!)

Post by Soaponarope »

I was thinking of making a tips for tough monsters section at the top of this thread, since there is trial and error.

With the knights, they only have
Spoiler
300 health but they are still the most resistant type of monster. First thing, don't bother using magic on them. Fire and lightning do a tiny bit, but it will take forever. The best way to take them down fast is to use piercing attacks(this means ninja based). Ninjas can find the weak points in their armor. A high level ninja with a strong weapon can take them out in only a few hits. If you haven't been training ninjas, the next best thing is to use blunt weapons on them. Most armored enemies (like golems) will take much more damage from blunt attacks than blades(unless those are ninja skill blades in which case they bypass armor). For example a skeleton takes 15 times the damage from a mace than a equal damage sword. Blades are generally better against fleshy creatures than blunts are.

Spoiler
Also the knights in the maze are the type that can turn invisible making them even more resilient. Avoid going toe to toe with them in this state, and backup and wait until it passes. You will miss most of the time otherwise. The one spell that can be useful fighting them is push/pull. Sometimes you just want to get them out of the way, or you can push them into a trap.
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

Thank you, ok for the knight, i will retry with all your advices. But what about the non material monsters? There were many of them in hte invisible maze, and they are hard to beat too.
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

sometime my spells seems to pass through, and sometimes not. Is it normal?
Soaponarope
Artisan

Post by Soaponarope »

If Beowuuf or an admin is reading this, can you please move the above post to the top of this thread as a reference for future players. Thanks

Coco,
Yes it's normal, see the Noodler section on the Tips for monsters post.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Can't swap around posts internally to the thread I'm afraid :( If you want to create a new thread with that post, I could attach the whole of this thread to it? Or else you could just edit it in to your second post, I think the master's question is small enough your post would catch the eye.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

Thank you soaponarope, that's very interesting... I will try your tips today. See you soon for another questions!
gizzo
Neophyte

Post by gizzo »

Hi,

i'm stucked in the room with the 7 teleporters. The text on the wall said "Fire off, flyer on" but i don't know what to do. I hope anybody can help me ;)
Soaponarope
Artisan

Post by Soaponarope »

Welcome to the forum, Gizzo

Some hints for this puzzle-

First off, are the doors still closed?
Spoiler
If so you need to open them before you solve this puzzle. You won't be able to do that the normal way, but you should have the means.
The other clue on the wall with the numbers
Spoiler
will tell you the order in which you need to interact with the area. The on and off does refer to the teleporters, but it doesn't mean you can pass through them in either state(except the last one).
Spoiler
The "1" will affect the "2" and so forth. This means you can't properly interact with a higher number until you have done what is needed for the number before it.
Hope this makes sense and helps. If you still have trouble just ask.
Soaponarope
Artisan

Post by Soaponarope »

Beowuuf,

Oh, I thought you could move around anything.

I made new thread to post this one onto then. Hope it is not hassle, I think it will be useful for new players.
lbk
Craftsman

Re: Escape from Order's Prison: HINTS & TIPS (Spoilers)

Post by lbk »

I am not sure if you toned down the Ant men in your most recent version, but if not it is useful to know that they are weak to
Spoiler
posion missles
. They are quite challenging in the earlier stages of the game.
Soaponarope
Artisan

Post by Soaponarope »

Good add, that is the optimal choice for them.

I will add more monster tips if people have trouble with others, or hints on the bosses. The ones listed won't be met for a while with the exception of a few early chaos warriors.

In 1.1 I only altered a couple monster types, instead changing the spawn rates. The ants are the same, but the way they spawn in that troubling section is quite different.
gizzo
Neophyte

Post by gizzo »

Ok thanks, helped me a lot. I've passed the room with the 7 teleporters but now i'm stucked in the next room. I've found the gold key and activated the teleporter in the next room. It brings me back to the room with the 7 teleporters and i have no idea what to do. I've gone back and found nothing. If i go to the room again there are more flying eyes but nothing else happened. Unfortunately my party is very hungry and i only have 2 steaks :D
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Sorry soaponarope, just foudn that the merge function can only dfo things by date order, so I can't append your old topic on to a new topic. I'd suggest editing in the guide to your first replay to the master on page one, and delting one of the repeats here.

Such a shame! :(

Or if you thik this topic has severed its purpose, I can archive this one if you want to create a new one (again :p), and you can always link to this old one as a reference.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Soaponarope
Artisan

Post by Soaponarope »

Gizzo,

The teleporter there is
Spoiler
rather a red herring. Sometimes you just got to take a leap...
As for your party being hungry, there is a plenty of food close by, though you will have to work for it.
Soaponarope
Artisan

Post by Soaponarope »

Beowuuf,

Ok, I did that, but I don't know how to delete my extra post. Feel free to delete the last one.
agarules
Journeyman

Post by agarules »

The corridor with wall levers and pits and a nasty fireball (which killed me instantly) quite near the start has me stuck. Been dropping giant spiders down the pit whilst trying to figure out the correct sequence and fell in said pit. There they where; still alive. Killed them all. Good job I've found a few useful spell runes and I'm playing with an imported character, solo. Just to try the dungeon out. She even managed to kill the death knights near the start. But now I'm stuck. Everything I met is dead. Now I am; dead stuck. Loved the combat and most of the few puzzles that I found.
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can,

And wisdom to know the difference.