Escape from Order's Prison: HINTS & TIPS (Spoilers)

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
DM_Player
Adept

Re: Escape from Order's Prison: HINTS & TIPS (Spoilers!)

Post by DM_Player »

Soap,

Check you pm for some dungeon comments.
lazyman75
Neophyte

Post by lazyman75 »

Hmm, I'm still stuck at the beginning in the area with lever puzzle (IMO you overdid this a bit). Anyone knows the correct combination? I gained 3 fighter levels just trying to get this thing working :/
Soaponarope
Artisan

Post by Soaponarope »

An exact combination is only useful is you have a save right before you pulled any of them, but there are multiple ways to get through it. It's important to understand what each lever is doing before pulling them too many times or you can make the puzzle more difficult than it is. Each lever does multiple things and there are five doors you must get open after passing the moveable walls in the center.

Door 1-
Spoiler
Is only toggled by the east lever around the corner, with a eye next to it.
Door 2-
Spoiler
Is toggled by both levers in the center surrounded by the shifting walls. These levers also activate the shooter and shift these walls.
Door 3-
Spoiler
Is toggled by the lever that toggles door 1 and also the one of the west wall right before the shifting walls.
Door 4-
Spoiler
Is toggled by both the levers on the west wall before the shifting walls.(the closer one that also does door 3 and the one right before it)
Door 5-
Spoiler
Is only toggled by the first lever on the east wall which has a pit in front of it until you pull the lever past door 4.
Hope this helps you to solve it. It is a rather difficult puzzle, especially for so early in the game.
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

I'm stuck!!
Can't find food, and my party is dying!
It's a real hard dungeon, and even when i'm mapping levels (tryin to mapping, cause with the invisible teleports it's very hard to do...) i'm still stuck.
Maybe it's because i use the first version? I can't download the last one, it's seems to don't work.
So if someone can give me the maps or even only the latest version, it will be great. And one last question : someone still playing this dungeon or i'm alone?
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Cocoetnono,

Soaponarope indicated earlier that he didn't mind if I shared the maps that I made when I played this dungeon, so here they are http://www.filedropper.com/orderprisonmaps.

You need to open the txt file in the RTC editor to see the maps. These maps don't show every little detail, but I think you will find them usefull.

Don't get discouraged with this dungeon. It is a challenge, but I think you'll find it to be fun as well.

Best of luck,

DM_Player
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

thank you dm player!!
Those maps are great, good job!
It will help me for sure, thank again. And if i'm still stuck, i'll ask you on this forum.
Happy new year!!
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

ok, i'm stuck again...
at the beggining of the pit's level. I've notice that i need to toggle the trigger in 2,26,5 to make desapear the pit in 4,25,5 only 5 sec... But how pass the invisible pit in 3,24,5? If i have a grapple that would be possible, but without... I don't know how to do. Where is the grapple???? please help!
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

It's been awhile since I played this dungeon, but as I recall you can't close this invisible pit. I think that you probably climbed down a pit to get this area and now you can only climb down another pit to get out. I did this early on as well, but it's not the way to solve the pits area. To solve the pits, you must start at the beginning by entering the pits area via the Fork in the Road.

IMO the pits is the hardest area of the entire dungeon. It was the last fork in the road that I attempted. There are many timing puzzles here that you must be quick on the keyboard to solve. The reward for solving the pits is obtaining the grapple, which you must have to complete the game.
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

ok, thank again for your help. I'll try again the pit area later. Now i need to find a way to the "fork in the road" , i'm going to study your map. ;) Its funny, but even with your map, it's still a very hard dungeon! I'm sure i will need your help soon...
Stingm
Apprentice

Post by Stingm »

Where can you download the latest version 1.1? The link is dead in the other thread. Or could one of you upload it?
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

Hello,
the link was dead for me too, so i'd downloaded the first version. Hope i can even so finish the game
Stingm
Apprentice

Post by Stingm »

I would much rather play the newest version 1.1 so I have all fixes and less monsters. So if anyone has a link or can upload it somewhere, it would be appreciated. Thanks for any help!
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

i can't find a way to the level 5 (the north part, not the pit area)... and i can't open the door at 28.11.3, and the door at 2.13.1 is still closed for me! Impossible to find a master key! I turn around... Please dm player or anyone else, help me.
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Cocoetnono,

The door at 2,13,1 needs the master key. It's not found on this level, but I don't recall exactly where it was. I do remember that it was far away from this door (this is something that Soaponarope does fairly often). I seem to recall that it was nearly at the end of the linear part of the dungeon. You probably have not progressed far enough to have found it yet.

I don't recall exactly how the door at 28,11,3 was opened, but I do remember that it was opened by something that was fairly near on this level, try clicking on all wall items.

The north area on level 5 is the Fork in the Road area. If you follow stairs up and down levels 0-4 you should be able to get to it. There are several ways to do so, and it depends on what stairs you are able to access. You don't get there just by going down each level. There are a couple of times that you have to go up a level to get to different stairs that go down.

You might want to PM or e-mail Soaponrope and let him know that the link to v1.1 is broken. He can probably re-post v1.1. I haven't played v1.1 so I'm not sure what changes were made, but I think that Soaponarope was going to make some areas less difficult based on the comments that lbk and I gave him.
Stingm
Apprentice

Post by Stingm »

PM sent! Thanks for the suggestion.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

If the link is refreshed, I can make sure a copy is saved to DM.com. Didn't even save a personal copy in June, must have been busy at the time :(
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

Thank you again dm player, i'll try your indications later cause i'm at work for the moment.
For the master key, ok, i'll find it later, but the door at 28,11,3 i'm pretty sure to have push every buttons and everything else... Damn... what i've forgotten?
For the stairs down and up that gives you a way to the fork in the road area, i'm going to study your map closely and find this way.
It' a really difficult dungeon, and reason number one for this difficulty is the dungeon's size. I've finished "the tower of champions" from adamsky but i'm stuck everywhere in "escape from order's prison"! Good job mr soaponarope!
:twisted:
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

Impossible to open the 28.11.3 door! i've pushed every button and walls item...
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Cocoetnono,

I didn't remember how this door is opened correctly. I went ahead and played a new game down to this level to see if I could figure it out again, and so far I haven't found how to open this door either.
You can skip it for now, it just has a lever to open the door at 17,11,3. The area behind the 17,11,3 door has inventory items if you have enough ruby keys. If you want to open it now, then PM Soaponarope or maybe lbk as he might remember how to open the door.

Since you were in the pits area, but hadn't been to the Fork in the Road, did you complete the pits puzzle on level 4 where
Spoiler
you must drop rocks down the pits in the correct order to get across to 4.22.4?
The stairs at 1,9,4 lead to the Fork in the Road.

Also, I now remember that the door at 2,13,1 doesn't use a master key. You must
Spoiler
destroy it using a fireball, but I don't know if you've found this spell yet or any items that create fireballs.
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

ok, thank you again dm player! I m finaly at the fork in the road area! What an incredibly hard dungeon, i'm wondering how did you do to finish this game without any help (except in thid thread)... I will look at the fork in the road area tomorrow, that enough for today... Be sure i'll need your help soon!
bruno from corsica
Soaponarope
Artisan

Post by Soaponarope »

Glad to see some new people giving this a go. I haven't visited this site in a long time, but will check in more now that new players have questions.

With this dungeon there are areas which have multiple solutions to enter, and some which may not be able to be entered at all due to other choices the player makes or certain members of the party. Coco, these ones you mentioned are such areas. These are never necessary to complete the game but rather secret areas which make the game a bit different from player to player.

2,13,1- This door can be opened a couple of ways, but it's likely you won't be able to open it for a while unless you chose certain characters. It is always able to be opened though.

28,11,3- This door may indeed be impossible for some to open but only leads to you getting some extra treasures.
Spoiler
It will open the way to the hall of holy treasures, but is inaccessible if the party contains a servant of darkness(these are; Mardwyn,Tetnus,and Astzes) Think of it as a defense mechanism to not let the treasures fall into evil hands. The evil guys have their boons too though.
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

Soaponarope is back! Cool, he will help us to find a way through his mad dungeon!
I ve finally open the 2,13,1 door (thank dm player), and i was still stuck in front of the door at 28,11,3 but now i know why... So if i've well understand, i can throw my ruby key isn't it?
For the moment i'm in the "laboratory area", and i cannot think quietly cause i'm constantly attacked by all those creatures... So i still haven't find away to open those doors near the star on the floor.
Ok, i'm going back to this laboratory...
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

Ok, i understand that when you put
Spoiler
rat meat and worm slice in the alcove in the gas chamber, it bring those monsters here and you can slowly destroy them by the gas
, but i don't know the goal of this action. The doors near the cross on the floor still desesperatly closed and the different monsters still respawn... What can i do? Please a hint...
DM_Player
Adept

Post by DM_Player »

Cocoetnono,

There was either a scroll or wall text in this area with a hint :D
Spoiler
You've got the right idea, but the wrong place.
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

Ok, i think i got the right place :
Spoiler
surely behing those closed doors near the cross on the floor
but
Spoiler
i don't find the key to open all those locks in the area! I've only find the first spiked key on the rock monster
. Another hint is welcome!
Soaponarope
Artisan

Post by Soaponarope »

Hi Coco,

The key you are looking for
Spoiler
is in that same area, but was eaten by the golden worm who ate the doctor. I may have made it too hard to find due to the fact players can spawn a ton of monsters here and get the key buried under all the body parts. The golden worm was the only preplaced monster so it's likely you killed it already, though new ones will spawn as long as you explore the area. Try sifting through the worm rounds on the floor it's likely you just missed it.
As of 1.1 I think this is the only area with unlimited spawning, but it provides a infinite food source if need be. The
Spoiler
gas chamber is mostly there for flavor since the doctor was experimenting with poison,
but it can help some with crowd control too.

Also you can get rid of
Spoiler
the ruby key
, you won't use it in your game.

For reference on future questions, you are playing the 1.0 version right? Who is in your party?
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

Yes i'm playing the 1.0 version, cause the 1.1 is not available. My party: Maldwyn, Vrool, Gleeber and Tetnus.
I ve finaly find the doctor key, it was hide by slice of worms like you said. But now it's too late for playing, it's 4.30 am, i'm back from my concert (i'm singer and guitarist in a rock band) and i'm very tired. I'll play tomorow. thank for your help
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

Ok, i've finish the doctor area and got the onyx key. Then i try to go to the maze of doors with the "little golem monster", but they are hard too beat especially without magic... So i get back to the doctor area, and use the soctor key to go to the gauntlet. Then after beating the dragon i enter in the invisible maze. After killing 3 death knight and maybe 2 or 3 non material monster, i give up for the moment. Did the non material and death knight respawn automatically or they are preplaced? Because they are harder to kill...
Still a great and hard dungeon
Soaponarope
Artisan

Post by Soaponarope »

(i'm singer and guitarist in a rock band)
Nice

1.1 has a working link now but you are well into the dungeon, sorry about that. 1.0 is completely beatable and has few bugs(mostly involving a certain mirror :) ). The main thing is that the monsters can get a little crazy at times, as DM player and lbk know. 1.1 is still hard but has limited and slower monster spawning in general.

Now that you are in the non linear dungeon, you may run into areas you just can't handle at the current time. In these areas I have made a way to get back to the fork in the road. You can get very powerful items and spells which can make quite a difference in your current to end game power level. Also remember that since I have tweaked the game mechanics, using the same methods to kill monsters as in the original DM will often have poor results.

Be sure to check out the chest that onyx key came in, it's very useful.

The invisible maze is quite a hard area. The knights and noodle monsters here do respawn but have a limit of 12 each.
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

knights still respawn in the invisible maze, and i haven't found the way to beat them easily... Any hint for me?