CLANG: A realistic swordfighting game...

Video games, console games, mobile games or any other kinds of games including all sports. For everything *except* Dungeon Master games -- please use the specific forums below for DM chat.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

CLANG: A realistic swordfighting game...

Post by Gambit37 »

Author Neal Stephenson is Kickstarting a realistic sword fighting game, looks interesting:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/260688528/clang

I guessed that some of you here might be interested in this sort of thing....?
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Re: CLANG: A realistic swordfighting game...

Post by linflas »

indeed, it has very similar gameplay as Severance : Blade of Darkness, which is my favourite game ever ! Yes, DM is 2nd... :oops:
i'm quite curious about the pommel thingy, i haven't understood if it was part of the project or just a joke on people playing FPS with joypad (which is totally relevant btw).
"The only way out is another way in." Try Sukumvit's Labyrinth II
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

If done well this could really be fantastic. I really was hoping for something that felt "real" when the Wii came out - when I heard Star Wars games were being developed I thought that you would be able to do proper light-saber battles (or medeival sword battles), but from what I have seen and heard it falls short by some way. Maybe this will be more satisfying.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Personally, I prefer the old good insult-sword-fighting. Definitely less violent and more entertaining. If I feel a need to wave my arms around, I go and work in the garden. :wink:
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Oh my goodness, I only just realised who that is bashing the crowbar on the anvil in the first video! It's Gabe Newell of Valve. Now that little joke makes sense! ("These things take time.") ;-) Hey Gabe, stop dicking around with other game companies and give me my Episode 3!!!

Ahem, anyway, pledges have increased by $50,000 since this morning, so perhaps Neal will get the funding after all -- still a month to go. I hope so, I'd actually be pretty interested in this. Not sure about the prototype pommel, but if it works, then it could make for a very interesting interaction method.... fun times ahead!