[RTC] Return to Skullkeep, beta-tested version

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
THEO
Craftsman

Re: [RTC] Return to Skullkeep, beta-tested version

Post by THEO »

hansblieb wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:32 pm and on the higher level here i can jump in a pit (after defeat a terrible worm ) and i fall 3 levels lower in a room full of deadly snakes.. is this also a bonus part ?
Yes, there are couple green gems to collect in the pit. Not much else as far as I rebember.
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

THEO wrote: "Yes, there are couple green gems to collect in the pit. Not much else as far as I remember."

I haven't found this pit yet. If a person can survive the fall and the snakes, the gems would be a nice bonus.

For some reason, I have never tried jumping into many pits in Skullkeep. I guess I'll try more out this time around.
"Wuuf's big brother"
hansblieb
Craftsman

Post by hansblieb »

what is that strange alarm sound when you are at a certain level??? it began in the temple in a underground cave with a strange water machine
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Oh, it is an alarm that alerts the guards that there is an intruder? Does it not stop a few seconds later? If not, it's a bug.
hansblieb
Craftsman

Post by hansblieb »

its go on in other parts of the game also..
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

oh, i am afraid its a bug 🙁 unfortunately i cannot fix it as i have lost the source files in a hdd crash. But fortunately there is an alternative way to solve the quest without triggering the alarm.
hansblieb
Craftsman

Post by hansblieb »

the alarm is also in the castle in the down levels and in the olderlevels..
Prince of Elves
Craftsman

Post by Prince of Elves »

hansblieb wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:31 am the alarm is also in the castle in the down levels and in the olderlevels..
AFTER you triggered the alarm, I guess? That's to be expected if it doesn't shut down as it is supposed to. To get rid of it, you'd need to return to an older save and take care not to activate it again...
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

Prince of Elves: Ah yes, the one of the champions' greatest weapons...the GAME SAVE.
It's like voting; do it in a safe place, and DO IT OFTEN! ha
"Wuuf's big brother"
Prince of Elves
Craftsman

Post by Prince of Elves »

Good thing that Zyx didn't have that line back then, else he might have come up with the Mighty Sword of Saving, in combination with the Timetravelling Shield of Reloads. :D
hansblieb
Craftsman

Post by hansblieb »

is there a place in the castle to change your red gems into blue ones? i was in the canteen and above a empty shop ..
and that dammned gigglers are much more annoying and funny as in the original game..
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Yes, you can change the gems in that shop, but first you need to save the shopkeeper from the prison. Make sure not only to open his cell, but also to open the bars leading from the prison to the canteen so that he (and his fellows) can escape. Hopefuly you didn't flush him into the arena already.
hansblieb
Craftsman

Post by hansblieb »

shit i ve kill them all... and where must i place the vacuum fuses ?? i put on the fire in the lower level , and turn on a heater on 1 level higher. another level higher i see some machines..
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Vacuum fuses will become essential in the finale at the topmost level of skullkeep. It will probably not be very clear to you how the machine works and what it does, until you see the whole of it.
Spoiler
It requires two resources: fire from levels below and water from levels above.
hansblieb
Craftsman

Post by hansblieb »

to reach te top level is not easy.. i see some ladders but they are pulled up. . there must be a secret passage or a hidden button .
the room with the 4 gargoyles are 2 rooms i don t know what to do..exactly.. in one room i found only fire cuisses and a room with green buttons and lower a room with some fireball canons. and the lowest levels some items and very angry dragons. better to avoid them.
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

In the level with gargoyles you need to put a correct item into each alcove. If I remember correctly these are:
Spoiler
Boulder (rock) for earth, Pyro for fire, empty flask for air and water flask for water.
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

To be more specific:
Spoiler
You need to go to the north from the gargoyle room to the pit maze. If you have no luck activating the gargoyles you may try using the glove to move them out of the way.
hansblieb
Craftsman

Post by hansblieb »

i put the right items in the alcloves.. it was not a hard puzzle.. but what is there after it ??
i never finished the original game!! because of all that annoying minions !!!!!
i hope that you have not made the same mistake in this mod!!! here are a lot of irritating gigglers ut they are killed with one fireball!!1
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

The Gargoyles should have come alive. If they don't I am afraid this must be another bug! :evil: Try using the glove to move the gargoyles out of the way or you can use levitate spell to fly over any pits and pads. The formula should be:
Spoiler
OH IR RA
The goal is to get to the pit maze to the north of the gargoyle room. From there you can continue, even if you fall into one of the pits. To get rid of the gigglers and minions:
Spoiler
you can use Gargoyle's heart to permanently close portals they come from
hansblieb
Craftsman

Post by hansblieb »

i cannot use the levitation spell!! i can not select the ir symbol i found in the pit room when i jumped into a pit i landed into a room with a sort of tree in the middle and i am directly dead!!! is this a bug ?? i found earlier 2 scrolls with 3 sar symbols on it what to do with this ??
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

That is a lot of questions, but none of them are relevant to your progress, so lets concentrate on that for now. There should be four exits from the puzzle room. You need to go to the north from there. That is if you come from the direction of the staircase to the lower level you need to turn to your left. What obstacle is there that stops you?
I cannot unfortunately open the file in the editor as I lost it to take a look so you need to answer my question so that I can help you.
hansblieb
Craftsman

Post by hansblieb »

in the north room i can go down to a room with fireball loungers and green buttons.. and further down to a dragon cave.. is that the way i must go ?? i see also a writing with the text the maze will change if the master is dead
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Well, if you throw something over the pit, it should land on a pad, which activates a wall. If you throw something again, it will hit the new wall and fall on a pad, that will deactivate the pit. Then a maze of similar puzzles will follow.
Or you can jump into the pit, activate a ladder up from there and emerge in the middle of the maze.
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Just in case you are realy desperate, here is an actual map. It is from the most recent version I have, so I hope it is still up-to-date, but I didn't change this part a lot. Here you go:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nIzIJz ... sp=sharing
hansblieb
Craftsman

Post by hansblieb »

i do the castle over again (with torham, bane, cordain and saras ). and free the prisoners.. and that pit puzzle i think i locked myself in some activating walls. the second time i passed without problems... and above i see a clock counting till 60 sec ? when i activate the fire and the steam engine (but where must i place the valves ? ) and i overwhelmed by many minions there. and the holes to close are behind a forcefield. its very heavy on that level with ghosts, poision spitters and gigglers there is a blind part (like in the chaos strikes back )and i fall often in a pit there
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

I am sorry that there was a dead-end, that should not happen, but it is very difficult to design it in that way.
Yes, there will be a lot of minions originally, but after you kill them, even when you do not close the portals, they will not spawn that quickly.
The level above is full of tricks and illusions and will test your logic and observation, but with blue gems you can skip many of the puzzles.
Than there is a last level, where speed and timing will be important.
The counter does not count time, but how much water is left in the reservoire.
hansblieb
Craftsman

Post by hansblieb »

thanks for this fantastic mod.!. i played the last years several legend of grimrock 1 and 2 mods. some where better than the original game! . and now its verry funny to bring the original dungeonmaster vibe back!!.. .
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Hey, Hansblieb.
Did you manage to finish the game? I need to know there is no other roadblock and the dungeon can be completed. Thanks a lot!
Theo
hansblieb
Craftsman

Post by hansblieb »

!
Last edited by hansblieb on Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hansblieb
Craftsman

Post by hansblieb »

i am at the upper level and have 2 engines working to fire lightning balls to the chrystal! placing the mirrors but nothing happens ? must i place the mirrors before the tunnel that are closed with 2 ra doors ?? and the fuse factory is locked with a key i dont have in my 2 keyrings.!.