[RTC] Return to Skullkeep, beta-tested version

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
THEO
Craftsman

Re: [RTC] Return to Skullkeep, beta-tested version

Post by THEO »

Well, keep jumping (climbing)! A tip that could help you - why don't you mark a pits that you jumped into with a stick or a plank next to them? This way you can make sure you have really been everywhere.
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

Planks. Now that's something I haven't found a place for any reason, so far. I thought they might have something to do with that piece of machinery in the first cave. Looks like something that might belong on a ship galley for taking up slack on a large rope.
"Wuuf's big brother"
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

Well, I've jumped into every hole I seem to have found, at the first ladder up to the outside.

I did jump in the hole that allows me to turn on the lights with a button.

I also jumped into a hole that allowed me to go up a second ladder to the outside.
I'm fairly sure I jumped in every hole there, finding nothing.

Like the glowing hands option. Right now, I'm looking for a 'help' sign to go with it. Ha.
"Wuuf's big brother"
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Did you know you can break collapsed rocks by attacking them?
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

Yes. I've broken a number of walls down.

I'm still curious as to the purpose of the round, light switch. The only purpose I've found is to get you out of a small room.
I tend to walk around caverns, hitting every section of wall with a spiked club.
If the wall takes damage, I realize the wall will eventually break down at that point.
Perhaps I missed one.

All the barred doorways, doors with locks and doors with no locks visible. And I only have a yellow, master key and one silver key.
I did (probably already mentioned it) purchase a key-holder (want to look professional, you know). So I'm carrying my keys in style.
"Wuuf's big brother"
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

There is an area behind bars (you need to get there by jumping into the pit), where there are breakable rocks. If you do break them, you release a flow of an underground stream that turns a waterwheel that unlocks adjacent iron doors.
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

I guess I need to be sure of something here.

I had a bomb saved earlier. I just found a second one, so I tried it on one of those columns and they started breaking.
These breakable rocks? Do you have to use a bomb to get them started, or can a spiked club eventually destroy them?
"Wuuf's big brother"
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Yes, these rocks. You may use a bomb to break a pillar into the rocks, but any such rocks can be cleaned using spike club or any other weapon, in fact.
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

I did finally find a third ladder. The thief/scoundrels seem a bit stronger here.
They must be a poor bunch, since they don't seem to leave any coins. Cheapskates! I did find a green gem, so I'll get over it.

Picked up some poison darts. Look to do a bit more damage, but also more easily lost.

I like buying the shanks at the local grocery store, since they are a good food source, plus they leave behind a nice, light bone for marking.
"Wuuf's big brother"
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

I am glad you set this game up to allow a person to 'hide' a second champion behind the initial champion, while building up the second's numbers.
It keeps me from having to constantly restart, which is one of the small difficulties that come when adding members to the party.
"Wuuf's big brother"
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

Just realized there was a 'diminish' option, while using the glowing hands. And it does work from the second row.

I've jumped in every hole I can think is possible. Still, no water running. I must have missed something.

One of my discovered spells yields a short-lived Vorpal Blade, or whatever it is.

I have one bomb left. I have found two or three of those rock columns which haven't been removed.
I tried the bomb on each of those left (I believe), with no real benefit found.

I found a light, blue bomb. Sadly, it didn't crack up a rock beam.

I wonder how I got through DM the first time, with no hints or friends who played it in the area???
"Wuuf's big brother"
THEO
Craftsman

Post by THEO »

Can you see the closed iron door with switch, that does not open them?
There is a weird spiked mechanism next to them. If you look at the mechanism there is a wall behind it and behind the wall is the waterfall. Try walking around and there are bars. Behind the bars there is a torch holder, lever that opens the bars, pit and collapsed rocks. Fall into the pit, break the rocks by attacking them, pull the lever and walk outside. The mechanism is now turning and the doors can be opened.
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

THEO said, "Can you see the closed iron door with switch, that does not open them?
There is a weird spiked mechanism next to them. If you look at the mechanism there is a wall behind it and behind the wall is the waterfall. Try walking around and there are bars. Behind the bars there is a torch holder, lever that opens the bars, pit and collapsed rocks. Fall into the pit, break the rocks by attacking them, pull the lever and walk outside. The mechanism is now turning and the doors can be opened."

I finally counted paces from the place inside the grate (with the torch). Then went outside and figured where I had to be near, to fall in the right spot, then jumped in the correct hole the first time, if you can believe it.
I must have worn out two ropes, as much as I've gone down holes. :lol: And then, with your help, to get it the FIRST TIME??? :oops:

I'm actually finding and doing new stuff now. I picked up a third person (Odo). Glad I tried smacking that column near the mechanism. I hate wasting a perfectly good bomb.

The first worm caught me by surprise (nice feeling). With Odo, I think I'll get along fairly well, if he doesn't hog all the food.

I enjoyed pulling/pushing the tables and stuff around. Was able to make good use of one of the better weapons of defense (stairway).
"Wuuf's big brother"
hansblieb
Craftsman

Post by hansblieb »

the tower of champions is indeed a very good mod.. https://youtu.be/E4f1YHcf6ZQ