[Custom dungeon] Underverse [RTC] [Saumun]

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Saumun
High Lord

Re: [RTC] New Dungeon: Underverse

Post by Saumun »

Spoiler
The black door will not reopen until this section is complete. Same goes for each part. If you were to go back to the start, you'd find the black door now open because you placed the six runes on the board.
Spoiler
For the part you're in with the eight coin slots... You need four to start with when you enter the room. Placing the four in slots (any of them) will open the doors to the rooms with the vexirks. The vexirks have the other four coins. Inserting all the coins stops the monsters regenerating and switches off the haze blocking the ornate door.
Claude's map would still be good for the vast majority of the dungeon, and the shape of the map is always the same. It's just some parts in each section that will differ, but the objectives for these parts remain the same.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

CS.
Spoiler
there are quite a few coin slots. Some seem to work whereas others don't in the beginning. It's just a case of trying the slots until you find the slots that accept them. There are 2 areas both with a room containing vexirks. I killed them by throwing poison clouds through the gates. I think altogether that there are around 10 coin slots. The first coins open up the vexirk rooms and then the others get rid of the haze.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Found the last slot. Never a question of killing monsters, party members were powerful from the start. I am just killing and going over areas until on slot worked. Swear I was there before :? Get back at it tomorrow.
keep your gor coin handy
Sambini
Novice

Post by Sambini »

Spoiler
I think I have caught up quite a bit to both Chaos and master, I'm in the big room with all the coin slots and the blue haze in front of the ornate door. So I ran around for a loooong time killing monsters and exploring the room over and over thinking I had missed something in the room, but it turns out I don't think I did lol! I just read some of the previous comments here and I guess I have to go back a bit and find 4 coins before I even enter that room? master - thanks for the hint about the vexirks and the poison clouds, I'm going to try that when I play again :) "
Saumun - I think I have a problem, and I'm not sure if it is just your game or DM in general but the music absolutely will not turn off or down! I asked Chaos about it and he said he had never heard of this problem before so I don't know what to do. I also believe the sound track might be overlapping itself and is very loud. Do you know what is happening here? :( I have restarted the game a couple of times but it just won't turn off and it is very distracting for me... any ideas??
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

@Sambini...
RTC has a bug that can make music overlap. It usually happens if you die in a place where the music is different track from the one where you last saved the game, then use the restart option. Restarting RTC should (i think) clear it. There may be other instances that cause the bug, but if there are... i don't know them.
You can also turn the music level to zero in the sound options in your inventory.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

the master wrote:
Spoiler
Sauman I am now well past the ornate door.
Spoiler
I don't know if it was intentional but I have been able to put 2 keys in the keyhole next to the garden. I also have a grid door near a fireplace that I cant open so any help here appreciated.
. When I put the 2 keys in the same keyhole I didn't save it as I am sure that it should not have been possible so I still have the key.
Saumun I'm repeating this here as it was on the previous page and you may have overlooked it.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

@The Master...
Unfortunately i did miss that post. Sorry about that.
You are of course correct. This should not happen, as the other key is needed for another door later. The weird thing is that i've been looking at it in the editor and can't see anything wrong with the logic. The lock should disable and i'm not currently sure why it doesn't. Fortunately there is an easy fix to get around it, which i will get to either later or tomorrow morning. Thanks for spotting this.

So... Anyone that comes to the grey door near the garden. This keyhole should not accept both onyx keys. You will need the other later, so don't put both in.

On the other point...
Spoiler
Have you been through the corridor with the ghosts that reveals the grey switch when you kill them?
This is a deliberate trick. When you press the switch, a wall opens to the east leading back into the main north/south corridor. But if you wait after pressing the switch, a wall also opens to the west to a room with a demon in it. This is the route you have to take to get that door open.
@CS...
Spoiler
There are four vexirks. Both rooms open at the same time, so there will be one wandering around somewhere close.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Onyx Key bug sorted... Uploading fixed version now.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Saumun
Spoiler
Just encountered another red dragon. Been trying to kill it for ages but doesn't seem to be having any effect. Just wondering now if he is killable. There is a metal door at the end but cant see any sort of keyhole
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Spoiler
You cannot kill it. Get the dragon to follow you into the passage with the door. Cast Oh Gor Ros and look at your magic map. You'll see where to go.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I have now progressed into the room with the disappearing switch.
Spoiler
Every time I approach it it disappears and reappears on the opposite wall. Have I missed a switch earlier on to stop this from happening. I'm sure I have searched every wall in the vicinity
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

If i'm thinking of the right place, then:
Spoiler
One of the switches is an illusion, but you must step on the square in front of it to make the other appear.
If i remember correctly (i don't have it on the computer i'm typing this on), when you come up the corridor to this area... the illusory switch is on your left, and the real one on your right. Face the real switch, then step backwards on to the square in front of the illusion... then quickly run a couple of step forward and hit the switch before it disappears.
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

Hi Saumun.
I started playing your dungeon too. I'm stuck. Here's what I did so far:
Spoiler
I've made my way up to two black diamond buttons and I'm on my way to the last one, the one in front of the door. The creatures I had to fight from the 4 red hazes at the entrance were the skeletons. I then had to fight two wizards to open a door, went in a pit behind it and now I'm stuck in there, in a set of three small corridors in the shape of an E, with nothing but a teleport directly leading over a 1 square pit where I can't do anything... Am I missing something obvious?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Hmmm... You have not missed anything, and this also happened to Paul H. I'm currently at a loss as to why this has happened. The one square room below the pit (from the teleport) also has a pit that should already be open that drops you into the original position (before you entered the first pit), but for some reason in your and Paul H's case it seems it wasn't open and i've no idea why.
I tried over and over to replicate this bug, but couldn't. Everything behaved as it should, no matter what steps i took.

There must be a set of circumstances that cause this. Would you be able to remember exactly where you went and in what order? Maybe the information could help me get to the bottom of this.
For now, do you have a recent saved game so that you can try it again?

Ultimately, it is fixable because the pit is only starts out closed for effect. I can just have the pit permanently open, but it's annoying me that i can't see what is wrong.
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

Ok, I've been able to open the pit. This should also work for Paul - I guess.
Spoiler
I picked the rope at the beginning, and this might be the cause of the problem and why only Paul and me have it.
When I enter the pit behind the door using the rope, I simply land in the scorpion's E-shaped place and then I can't get out using the teleport (the pit doesn't open).
When I fall in the pit behind the door, if I wait 1 second two pits open below me (or maybe the teleport is activated and its pit opens) and I fall back near the pit behind the door. If I move before that second passes, I'm in the scorpion's place and the teleport pit is open so I can get out (with the key of course).
I's like you made a riddle without knowing it.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Aaaahh... Thank you so much Igor. I see it now.
Spoiler
Using the rope causes the player to miss a certain trigger. I'll get to fixing this.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Fixed and uploaded.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Had some fun playing it on Friday, but after reading some of the troubles I already used two keys like master, i'll have to go back and replay it, lost a few hours. The second
Spoiler
red dragon couldn't be killed and it did not follow me, will have to head back to that spot as well
Claude used the rope and he is stuck, I wonder if it is the same problem as Igor had. Claude has made an excellent map so far, looks like he is using excel.
Spoiler
found a few master keyholes which I think the onyx key must be used for. I have a dungeon key, solid keys, an iron key and I think two brass keys.
The dungeon has been fun but I wish there was a map just to make things generalized, like conflux had, it does not have to be complete, just as a reference.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Saumun wrote:Onyx Key bug sorted... Uploading fixed version now.
If I still have one in a save game, that should ensure I didn't put two in the same keyhole. Problem is I found a rune I missed anyway :lol: what to do, what to do. I'm not mapping so it is trying just the same :mrgreen: It appears Saumun wants the player to do their own.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

For Claude...
Spoiler
The problem was that going down that pit with the rope causes the player to skip a trigger and get stuck. This has now been fixed, but the link has not been updated yet. Falling down the pit works. Probably quicker to just do this rather than start again.
For CS...
Spoiler
As long as you have an onyx key after you opened the grey door, then it's fine.
Spoiler
The fact that you have a Dungeon Key means that the dragon must be dead. It cannot be killed in battle, but is killed when it falls through the pit in the passage with the doors. You can do it by getting the dragon to follow you into the passage, but clearly it must have stepped on it at some point and fell (you'll have come across some dragon steaks down the pit along with the Dungeon Key)
EDIT: The link has been updated while i was typing this post.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Oh, that's good news. That means as long as I have the
Spoiler
dragon key
that everything should be ok. How do I know for sure if I used the two keys in the one keyhole. I may also have replayed it in line with master's thinking, I can't remember though. Intend to kick some butt today.

I tried to get the dragon to
Spoiler
follow me in a previous save game, he wouldn't follow me down the hallway, got stuck at the opening. BUt hey, if I have the dragon key then everything must be fine, RIGHT?
keep your gor coin handy
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I am now at the bit with the door that says "Primary Colours".
Spoiler
I know that they are Red Blue and Yellow and have tried spells starting with those letters i.e RBY but still not opening door. I have killed off all the Golems and have found one Key of E. I presume I need to get into the room where the other knight is to get the other key. I have one of the purple keys but haven't found the other yet.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Spoiler
To open the door labelled "Primary Colours", you need to locate and press three switches (red, blue, green). They are all on the eastern side of the long north/south corridor and need keys to get into the areas (brass, winged, turquoise). Two of the areas can be accessed directly from the corridor, and one from the northeast (where the rooms are with the knight in each one). All have to be done because there is a rune to get
Spoiler
The golem part that you arrived at is a 50/50 scenario. For this one, you need two keys of B to get to the knights. One is carried by a golem and the other is on the floor fairly nearby. The keys of E that you get from the two knights open a door to the north, where there is another rune.
@CS...
Spoiler
The Dungeon Key in this section is below the dragon's room, so the dragon must have fell through the pit or you wouldn't have been able to get it. That also means the door to the south of the dragon room will be open. Do you have an onyx key at the moment? If you used them both in the grey door, then you won't be able to continue. If this is the case, and you don't have an old save game where you have the key(s) them please message me and i'll sort it out.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I'm stuck in the disappearing switch room, I remember hitting it but now there is no way out, there are two blue hazes at the end of the hallway. I don't know how I got in here.

I do not have an onyx key, I do have the dungeon key. I can send you a save game if you have the time to look at it.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

That is perhaps the best thing to do. Email it to me and i'll take a look at the key situation.
Spoiler
If you mean the grey switches on opposite walls... then if you've successfully hit the switch, a wall will have opened behind you in an offshoot from the passage with the haze at the end.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I've now gone back and found a lot of areas I missed previously. There were 4 rooms each containing one if those green men, don't know what they are called.
Spoiler
killed 3 of them quite easily but one just doesn't seem killable so I presume I might need him somehow. In the room opened by the other onyx key there is a room with black ghostlike things. They seem to be replicating despite your assurance that there was only one area that this happened. I have found a switch on one of the walls which has opened a small corridor with a pressure plate in, I've stepped on it but don't know what it has done. I have found brass key and have entered that area. In there I have gone through the false walls and found a small button but haven't found out what that has done. As regards the golem area I have now killed the two knights got the keys of E which gave me the missing purple key. Still haven't got through the door that says primary colours. So all in all a lot of loose ends to tie up
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Spoiler
I'd forgotten about the zytaz (black ghosts). Yes, they do replicate. This is another 50/50 scenario. The other involves ghosts and fireball launchers and the map is different. Probably why i forgot.
Okay... I'll try to break each area down.
Spoiler
1) Onyx Key/Zombie/Zytaz area...
As you have found... one of the zombies cannot be killed. This is because it has something you need. To the north in the main corridor, you'll have seen a wall text saying "Hail to the thief" opposite a door that you exited previously. In other words, you have to snatch it from the zombie (it sometimes takes more than one click).
After this (zytaz part), the area is symmetrical with four closed walls in the corners. There are two switches. Each opens a wall with a pressure pad. This area has a couple of silent teleports so it's easy to lose your way. Once you've stepped on both pads, a third wall will open with another pad. When you've hit this, the last wall will open with a grey switch inside. The switch opens the way to the north where there is a rune. The zytaz keep coming, but can be killed with a single des ew.
Spoiler
2) Brass Key/Red Switch area...
Firstly... You need to have found the magnifier or you won't be able to do this part. This one can be a bit mind-bending unless you use the ros mapping spell (oh gor ros) with the magic map. Cast this spell and you'll see where all the fake walls are, except one.
Through the door and left are two fake walls, but one won't show unless you hit two pressure pads (which are also hidden in fake walls nearby). Hit the pads and then go back and step through the fake walls near (just north) of the door. Pressing the switch opens up the northeastern part of this section , but don't go there yet as you'll be blocked by hazes.
Instead go south and find another switch behind a fake wall. This opens up an area directly east from here. Go east and you'll find a mithral sword and some seeds. Just past here is a golem. Kill the golem and get the gold key. Then go back and head north and east to the blocking hazes.
In the passage near the hazes are two more fake walls. One hides a switch. Pressing this makes the hazes alternate so that you can get through. Once through, open the door with the gold key. It might be a good idea to save the game here.
On a wall once you're through the door is a very tiny switch. Use the magnifier to make it bigger, then press it. Pressing it opens the wall to a room with demons and also reactivates the blocking hazes further north, trapping you. Kill the demons and hit the red button inside the room. This button is one of the three you need to open the "Primary Colours" door and also turns the hazes off again, allowing you to get out.
Spoiler
3) Winged Key/Green Switch area...
Not too much going on here. Large area with three pads. The pads open up the walls further along, but also generate orbs. Kill the orbs and move on. Find two long passages with levers at the end guarded by demons. The demons won't move. Kill the demons and pull the levers. They open the door in the central part with the green button behind it.
Spoiler
4)Turquoise Key/Blue Switch area...
You must have done part of this to get to the "Run" area that you mentioned previously, but anyway... When you enter, there is a wall text that says "Backs to the wall". Go around the passage to the square directly opposite the entrance and back into the wall. Press the large button and go to the central part. A couple of slime devils will appear.
In the part with the "Run" wall text, hit the pads in each corner as quickly as possible. You're against a timer when you hit the first pad, so don't bother to turn. Just use forwards, backwards and sidestep. This opens the wall in the dead centre that has a teleport inside. I'd suggest saving here.
Stepping in the teleport takes you to two symmetrical rooms with a black dragon. Beware... It's stronger, faster, and has more hit points than a red dragon. If you get in trouble, there is a teleport in the southeast corner that turns on and off at intervals. If you're near death, keep on the run until it opens.
Once you've killed the dragon, it will drop an Ebon Gem. Get this and exit, then go south through a wall that has opened. In this corridor, the blue button is at one end that is blocked by a haze, and a gem slot at the other. Inserting the Ebon Gem switches off the haze... but as you approach, a tiny floor switch generates a lot of skeletons. Kill them and insert the gem, then press the blue button.
With the red, green, and blue buttons pressed, the "Primary Colours" door will open.
Spoiler
Also... My mistake about the golem/knight part. It is of course another Key of quai that the demon drops... not a rune.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Master, one of the zombies
Spoiler
you can steal from and you'll get a coin.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

CS... I've looked at your saved game. You haven't used both onyx keys, so you're good to go!
I've sent you a pm.
Spoiler
Don't worry about the dragon. It is already dead, so nothing more to do in that part. It must have fallen down the pit while you weren't looking.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I now have 4 runes. So hope that's all I need in this area. I am now literally starving so need to get back and hopefully find some food. Where am I now heading to?