[Custom dungeon] Underverse [RTC] [Saumun]

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Saumun
High Lord

Re: [RTC] New Dungeon: Underverse

Post by Saumun »

I'm not sure which blue haze part you mean. Could you give more detail? You do need all 16 pieces.

The fury/flammit area
Spoiler
is just there to recharge them if you want to.
The chamber of sorrow is an optional side quest.
Spoiler
It opens with the star key, but you need to stand before the ghost of Amun while carrying his possessions to open the inner door.
The Armoury is also optional.
Spoiler
The dark armour has the traits of all the other armours combined, is lighter, and has better defence. Someone must be wearing a full set of special armour (lyte/eyes/sky/lyfe with shield in left hand) in the centre square to open a door - All four armours = All four doors.
The four new runes have already been created by the bad guy, using the configurations you have found.
Spoiler
You must make the anti-rune for these. Set the levers opposite to the shapes you found. It takes four pieces of magmanite to create a rune by dropping them in the large pit. If no lever sets are correct, the magmanite will reappear in the nearby alcove.
An area you mentioned earlier (stairs near the long passage) is connected to Broyn (the boy mentioned in the readme file) and is also an optional side quest.
Spoiler
You need all four dungeon keys to enter. There is one three of the four sections outside the hive (not the first section) and one in the hive.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
luke41
Craftsman

Post by luke41 »

Thanks, I got 2 dungeon keys from outside, and one from the haze - so I dont want to look for the fourth one..

About the levers: I would never think one have to set the levers opposite to the drawings, but ok.

Blue haze: It is a corridor going east from the north-east part hive-around-corridor, after 6 or 67 files there is a blue haze. At the end of it there seems to be a stairs going up.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

It's a fair point about the levers. I don't have the original file, only a partial one... but if I ever get around to doing something with it, I'll put in a clue.

You can ignore the haze you mentioned for now. Those stairs are the way out, but you can't reach them until you've completed the rest.

Unfortunately you're one piece of magmanite short... and it's such a large area, I can't begin to guess which one.
luke41
Craftsman

Post by luke41 »

Just MINUTES after I wrote to you Saumun for more hints I tried again to explore the whole Hive "by chance". And had incredible luck - in the first area I found a pit and then another teleport, and got the 16th magmanite!!

So now - Maoceron is dead, and Aphalia is free!!!

THANKS for the great game!

There were only 2-3 puzzles in the whole Underverse I could not solve alone and needed hints or this forum - like with the levers at the end or with gems in some earlier part (in the area with all hidden walls). Very often the best way to solve a riddle was: thinking + trying + pause for 1-2 hours or days + (writing a post here!...) + retrying... :)

BTW : If someone needs some potatos (seeds, raw, and baked), call me! I had some left...
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Well played!
Glad you enjoyed it.

It was always meant to be a tough dungeon with very few clues, so getting through with virtually no help is impressive.
Again... Well done!
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

I just gave another try since a long time. I finished the East and west wings. I almost done the South one but I am stuck at the end. I found 5 Amethyst but still need the last one from the top left side of the long corridor. I was unable to solve the maze with 5 switches and floor pads. Did anyone still playing with this game? I hope to reach the center of the maze one day...
Even if I had given you the smallest bite, my poison will overcome you
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

It has been so long since I looked at this, I can’t remember exactly which part you mean.
Is there anything more specific you can say about it, like how it is arranged? Any wall text?

I don’t have the full text file anymore (it was lost, amongst most of my other dungeons, in a hard drive fail), but I might still have a partial build.
I will check later.
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

I am concerned about your lost. I sent you an e-mail 4 days ago with a detailed map on what I have done so far. Look at it hoping that you will help me. I would love to finish it and send you the complete map.
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I’m still not sure which area you mean.
Could you be more specific?

I found an incomplete build and looked at the map. There are no amethyst gems near an area with five switches and floor plates.
Would it help if I described where each gem is? Then you could see which one you’re missing.
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

I am almost at the end. The left side is uncomplete.
Spoiler
The Amethyst gems are purple and I put them on the map where I found them. The wall texts are on the map too. I presume the last one should be on the alcove almost at the end of the center corridor, on the other side of 2 gates in front of me but I can't reach because 2 keys are missing.
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

t's unfortunate that you#re using v1.6 because there were a couple of bugs cleared up in v1.7 and v1.8 and one of them was in the "wine cocktails" area.
I don't know if this is what has caused your current problem, but if so then it will be necessary to load an old save.
Ultimately it would be better to play v1.8, but of course in such a large dungeon that may not be feasible.
In the event that this is not the case, I will outline how to complete that area.
Spoiler
Each red button opens a wall and reveals a square key.
1. The passages east and west of the central section close three pits and allow access to a red button in the southeast of the central section, when solved. To the west you must avoid a moving blue haze and click a small button on the wall. To the east you must step into the northerly haze (facing north) and immediately step backwards three times into a blue haze that appears behind you (hence the "backtrack" clue).
2. Drop down any pit, find a lever in the area below, then find a blue haze and teleport back up. The three pits in the northwest of the central section are now closed, allowing you access to another red button (and key). When you press this particular red button, it also opens a passage north leading to "wine cocktails" and a passage to the east.
3. "wine cocktails" is an anagram of "anticlockwise". Step on the floor plate and walk one full circuit in an anticlockwise direction. This opens two walls to the east. Pull both revealed levers and the central section will open. There is a wall text that says "or maybe not". Find the floor plate and walk one full circuit in a clockwise direction. This opens two more walls to the east. Again pull both revealed levers. This opens the central square of this area. Go there and pull another lever to open the final wall to the east. There is a floor plate in the wall you opened which closes three more pits and reveals another red button in the northeast of the earlier part.
4, Through the previously opened passage the east, there are a number of fireball shooters activated by small floor plates. Head north, avoiding the traps until you find a black button. The black button closes the final three pits, allowing access to the final red button. You should now have all the square keys.
However...
Spoiler
This does not lead you to an amethyst gem... it leads you to the ven rune.
You must have missed a gem, so here are the locations of the six amethyst gems...
Spoiler
1. Not hidden. It's in an alcove in a room that also contains The Zora necklace, a silver coin, and the Shield of Sky.
2. After a puzzle involving blue gems, a green haze shooting fireballs turns yellow with an amethyst gem inside when the puzzle is solved.
3. You move west through a series of blue hazes that teleport or spin you, to an amethyst gem in an alcove at the end.
4. Moving west of the garden, then north, east, north, west, you come to a 5x4 room full of pits and invisible pits. The gem is in the southwest corner.
5. After killing a golem with a lightning shooter, you can drop through a pit into an area full of skeletons. One has a brass key. Teleport up and open the door in the pit room. Then find four tiny buttons to remove four blue hazes a little further on. The floor plate in the hazes opens a wall with another brass key. Further on, the key opens three walking puzzles where you form a figure 5, a figure 9, and a zero in an anticlockwise/counterclockwise (CCW) fashion. The gem is to the south after the CCW (beware the lightning shooter).
6. Close to the end and to the east is a roughly rectangular area with fast lightning shooting between green hazes. Find buttons and floor plates to turn off the shooters. Levers open two doors to the north. There is a door with a pit beyond it that needs two solid keys to open. One key is held by a vexirk to the east. The other is held by a knight after solving a passage full of muchers and a room of blue hazes.
When you have opened the door, you must drop through the pit. In this area are two knights. You can kill or avoid them, but a teleport takes you up to the other side of the pit... and the final gem. Hidden in the area with the knights is a Dungeon Key (used in The Hive but not necessary for completion).
I could not access your map in the email you sent, so I'm not sure which gem you're missing.
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

After several tries, I realized that I actually have a problem with version 1.6 because the Wine cocktails section does not work. That is bad because I had completed 3 branches. I understand that I am maybe the last one to play your game but I really like Underverse so I will download 1.8 to see the end. I just hope that the detailed map I did will still work. I will make the corrections when necessary...hoping they will be minors.
Thanks for your help.
Spoiler
Try me!
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

After several tries, I realized that I actually have a problem with version 1.6 because the Wine cocktails section does not work. That is bad because I had completed 3 branches. I understand that I am maybe the last one to play your game but I really like Underverse so I will download 1.8 to see the end. I just hope that the detailed map I did will still work. I will make the corrections when necessary...hoping they will be minors.
Thanks for your help.
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

There is a potential bug in v1.6 in that area, but it can still be passed if you load an older save from before the area was accessed. It isn’t completely broken and it would be much quicker than starting again.
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

I have progressed slowly since my last save, but unfortunately I forgot to put some notes on the map. I don't understand the sign FIVE on the wall. I sent you 3 e-mail. forget the first 2 but you can reply to my last.
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I hardly ever look at my emails, so it’s quicker if you post here. I’ll take a look but it will be tomorrow.

In the ‘FIVE’ area, you need to…
Spoiler
walk around in the shape of a ‘5’.
I think you need to start in the southwest corner, but can’t remember for sure.
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Hi Saumun

I tried to play undevese 1.8, i stopped playing after found a 3rd deathend ....
I don't have the time to start this dungoen a 4th time.
Spoiler
In the north part (after set the first 6 runes)
1/
Description: In the area where you need to kill 4 ghosts with a white switch appearing behind a wall at the end of the corridor
To Reproduce: If you activate the ghost spawing without click on the switch at the end of the corridor, the wall re-appeared in front on white switch and you no longer get access to this switch
2/
Description: after get the "PLATE OF LYF"
To Reproduce: Get the first key from the left area (golem with floor plate), then put the key in the key lock (i think this action will cause the deathend) and go to the second part "Take your turn" when you stand up on the hidding floor plate the west wall does not disappear to get access to the red switch...

In the south part:
3/
Description: In the room where there are three geen haze, and you need to activate a combinaison of 6 switches and floor plate, once the last door opened with a opened pit and the amethyst gem behind.
To Reproduce: if you miss the dungeon key in the pit level then you close the pit you will get in a death end later.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Unfortunately I do not have the full file for Underverse, as it was lost a few years ago in a hard drive crash.
However, I do have a partially built file… so I have just taken a look.

For number 1…
Spoiler
Could you be more specific about the area? The dungeon is so big, it’s hard for me to know which part you mean.
I remember a part with ghosts and grey buttons near the end of the north area, but the buttons move between three locations.
For number 2…
Spoiler
I can’t see any dead end, and it doesn’t look like a lock could cause one.
“Take your turn” refers to the hidden floor plate in the eastern rectangular passage. In front of the temporary wall you must turn in all four directions. This opens the wall in front of you, and a wall in the western rectangular passage that reveals a red button.
For number 3…
Spoiler
If I’m thinking of the right place, my map shows the switch that closes the pit is a ‘toggle’ switch, so you should be able to reopen the pit.
If not, it will not cause a dead end because the dungeon keys are not required to complete the dungeon. They’re only for a minor side quest that gives no reward.
I would advise always making regular saves in different slots (this goes for any custom dungeon), as oversights are inevitable… especially in huge projects.
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

Hi Saumun,

Did you have time to see my map?
I passed the sign FIVE and the 2 other signs and You know what I am dealing with. I can't pass that floor plate... not quick enough
Spoiler
Try me!
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Hi Saumun

bad news that you lost the orginal txt file...
Spoiler
I can’t see any dead end, and it doesn’t look like a lock could cause one.
“Take your turn” refers to the hidden floor plate in the eastern rectangular passage. In front of the temporary wall you must turn in all four directions. This opens the wall in front of you, and a wall in the western rectangular passage that reveals a red button.
Here the map facing north:
Spoiler
The west wall closed
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Clodius, do you mean right after those three rooms?
If so…
Spoiler
… the plate deactivates for a few seconds after stepping on it. So if you step on the plate to fire the shooter, step back, then re-enter the passage, you can get the gem without being hit.
Jahmiann…
Spoiler
Directly east of your map is another rectangular area. There is a wall that blocks the way south (in the same place where the hidden plate is in the western area). If you stand in front of it and turn in each direction, the wall will open and also the wall on your map.
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

I don't see any deactivation. I can repeatedly step on it and see the fire shooter each time
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I’ll take a look at the partial map later. There is definitely a way to do it without getting hit.
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

Maybe I must put something special on the floor plate
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Looking at the partial map I have, it seems that there is no deactivation.
I’m almost sure I did it without getting hit, but I can’t see how now that I’m looking at it.
It’s unfortunate that I lost most of my files, so I can’t get a better handle on it.

For now I can only suggest casting lots and lots of fireshields and allow yourself to get hit once, then you can get out without getting hit by sidestepping quickly off the pad.
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

I threw all I could in fire shield in level 5 and 6(16 in all) and I still did not survive :(
I know I did once and reached the top of south branch but I don't remember what I did.
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Ignore my last post.
I had completely forgotten about the…
Spoiler
… reflection spell
Face north, sidestep left onto the pad and immediately…
Spoiler
… cast the spell to divert the lightning, then backstep south.
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

Spoiler
The only spell I have in my list is mirror (5-4-6) description I have is 'Cast a green cloud that rebound fireballs & ...'; Well I don't see any green cloud when casting. Anyway, when throwing to the launchers I found no effect. After casting a few time, the light when down and I couldn't see anything (it look like the spell 'Darkness' but that spell supposed to be(5-4-2)???. I step on the pad and killed.
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Yes, I meant to say the
Spoiler
mirror spell. It reflects spells, but I can’t remember the runes and I’m not at my computer… but I’m certain this is the way to do it.
You must have had it working at one point because there are areas in part 1 that can’t be passed without it.
Are you sure you noted it down correctly? I’ll check when I can.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I have just checked…
Spoiler
The mirror spell is Zo Ir Sar (6-4-6), not 5-4-6.