[Custom dungeon] Underverse [RTC] [Saumun]

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Clodius_one
Adept

Re: [RTC] New Dungeon: Underverse

Post by Clodius_one »

Saumun,

Can youy help me.
You said earlier:
Spoiler
For the part you're in with the eight coin slots... You need four to start with when you enter the room. Placing the four in slots (any of them) will open the doors to the rooms with the vexirks. The vexirks have the other four coins. Inserting all the coins stops the monsters regenerating and switches off the haze blocking the ornate door.
Spoiler
I used 3 coins in the first part and only 3 left, I missed one of them.
Even if I had given you the smallest bite, my poison will overcome you
Spoiler
Try me!
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

Ok, I went back tracks again and stop a one point that I thought your mind wasn't too crazy to hide one there. Well yes, you did! you did it! :evil: :mrgreen:
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Sorry for the late reply. Having problems at the moment and unable to use my computer, so couldn’t check anyway. Posting this from my phone.
Hope to have it sorted tonight.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

Don't worry, I am going well now. I have almost completed the second part of the last branch.
Spoiler
I like very much your gardens. It is kool to come back and harvest our potatoes. :D
Spoiler
But it is bad to wast a good combat with that dragon... Warriors need to win their food in fight :evil: :lol:
Spoiler
Try me!
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

Hi Saumun,

I am In 2nd part of the North branch.
1st problem:
Spoiler
On the left side, The part with 4 single square prison with hazes behind grey grates. I see a sword teleported from one to the others in cycle. I was able to get rid of the grate with the lever but still can't shut off the haze and get the sword.
2nd problem:
Spoiler
In the same section but on the right side; The part where I supposed to get the next tile after paying the coin in the slot . I see it on the floor but 4 hazes still blocking my way.
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

For the sword…
Spoiler
When you have opened the doors with the lever hidden in the fake walls, it’s a question of speed. The sword does not teleport instantly, so if you stand on a square before the tiny floor plate, then get your mouse pointer in the right place, you can dash forward twice with the arrow key and grab it before it disappears.
The sword (Spyder) is not necessary to carry on, but is more powerful than most normal weapons.
For the coins…
Spoiler
This is one of the areas which had a potential bug which was fixed for v1.7 and v1.8, so it’s possible you might have encountered it.
You need 2 vi coins to open the hazes. One is in a nearby chest. The other is carried by a zombie in one of the four preceding rooms. There is a clue on a wall that says “Hail to the thief”.
You must click the zombie with an empty hand to get it.
If clicked on with an item in older versions, the coin can be lost. Also, the zombie could wander off to a different part of the level if the door was left open. Both problems were fixed for later versions.
I suggest going back to the four zombie rooms. If the zombie is there, try with an empty hand to grab the coin.
If it doesn’t work, you’ll need to reload an older save.
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

The sword:
That's what I thought but I must have been drunk because I wasn't fast enough :lol:

The missing coin:
I knew about that part from your post's reply, but I did not know it was related and was not done before. Got them all and completed 3 parts.
Now heading to the last one :D
Spoiler
Try me!
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

Question:
I compared my map that I drew with the one you gave previously and I noticed that only 1 small area in the North branch and 2 other small ones in the South one which were different. Is that all that involves the 50/50 scenarios?
I read in the posts that some people had a challenge to solve at the Primary Colors gate. But me I have only one closet behind this door. Is this another part too of a 50/50 scenario?
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Yes, there are bound to be differences to the total map in each playthrough. All are decided in the first part of the first branch, by cycling invisible triggers. You cannot know where they are or which scenario is being picked, the the choice is completely random.
Although each is only a binary choice, there are lots of areas… so the chance of getting an identical map are virtually nil.

No, the primary colours room is not a 50/50 and neither are the preceding areas.
Those preceding areas…
Spoiler
each contain a button. One red, one blue, one green. Once all three are pressed, the ‘Primary Colours’ door will open.
If you still have the basic full map I created, could you possibly send it to me via email, as I no longer have it.
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

I'm in! I'm in! I reached the HIVE finally :D I dreamed of this moment.
Hey... this is odd :o There is a portion of the branch not completed and I found already all the tiles required to open the center part.

Primary Colours:
I don't see what you mean.
Spoiler
Red/blue green buttons! I never had this kind of challenge to solve. I had something else.
Saumun, I sent you back the Basic map and my detailed map. The left parts of the branches are the underground level and on the right side are the 3 differences I found between the basic map and mine. Are there other 50/50 places that I don't see?
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

The missing part in your map does indeed contain no rune tiles. That's why you're able to enter The Hive without completing it.
However, it does contain an axe called 'Separator' which is the most powerful weapon in the dungeon, except for a special weapon in The Hive. Also in this area is the Helm of Lyf. The Lyf armour is the best armour apart from sets of special armour in The Hive, because it slows down hunger and thirst when worn. The more of it you wear, the more that champion's hunger and thirst slows. The helm slows it the most.

Concerning the 'Primary Colours' door... either something went wrong or you're mistaken.
I have sent back your last map, with each button circled with the appropriate colour. All three should need to be pressed to open the door.
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

I found now my path to the last part. I was just too busy with the scorpions and re stepped on the trigger pad by mistake while dodging them :o

I saw these colour switches and pressed while passing in front but did not know I was doing in the same time a parallels quest.
Spoiler
Try me!
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

Hi Saumun,
I am blocked at the last part before enterring the Hive.
Spoiler
I am at the exits from the scorpion/pressure pad/fireplace area; I took the long corridor leading east. I found the last powerfull weapon but before that, I cannot open the wall hidding a pressure pad to reach the helm of lyf. And below, there are 4 pits that does not close blocking my way... I though this passage is maybe an exit.
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Which side of the pits are you on? Have you already crossed them?
Spoiler
The first pit is deactivated by a tiny floor plate 6 paces north. The other pits deactivate when you step where the first pit is, but it is timed and you have to be quick.
If you run south immediately after stepping on the tiny plate, you’ll make it.
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

I am facing South to the Hive.
Spoiler
I ear the click and run. I reach the sixth floor just before the pit open but I don't see either the left or the front pit closing to allow me to jump
In addition:
Spoiler
I can't find the solution to reach the floor pad behind me. It's stuck in a wall
Spoiler
I can see they are both ways to reach the elm
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

You cannot…
Spoiler
reach the hidden pad yet. You must cross the pits first. This pad does not give you the helm, but opens another section that does.
Spoiler
I don’t know how else to describe the pit section. Immediately after hitting the tiny pad, you must run forward straight to the wall and then sidestep left and then forward again.
When you step on the square where the first pit was, the pit in front should close, when you step on the next square the pit to your left should close.
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

After restart this dungeon 3 times, i finally i finished.

It was a good dungeon, but very long....

I cannot freed Amun because i dropped the Amun's gem somewhere in this dungeon and i am unable to find it....
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

Spoiler
I have finally completed the last branch and the doors of Hive are open. But before entering, I went back to the end of each branches to collect all the things I had accumulated and left behind, including a lot of unused food :D . I threw everything inside the Hive without entering it. Just in case Saumun has the brilliant idea of ​​closing the doors behind me with empty hands :wink:.
I have a problem:
Spoiler
I was missing the feet of the armor of eyes acquired in the Western branch that I had though I discarded by mistake and wanted to recover it. But when I arrived on the spot, I remembered that I did not drop it but the access was closed behind me and cannot recover it. There were 4 switches to open the secret passage, but now nothing is working. How can I get back in that place?
Spoiler
Try me!
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Hi Clodius

You can enter to the hive without problem, doors stay open. All branchs are accessible from the hive so you can return to any branch from its end.
Spoiler
The greave of eye are in the area where there are green hazes and spiders after door opened with both square key
A switch will remove a wall....
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

Hi Jahmiann,
Thank you for that hint about the Hive's doors.
Spoiler
I know about the switch that remove the wall because I did that part. But when it was done, somehow the mechanism closed the acces and I can't go back.
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

@jahmiann

Well done in completing the dungeon.
I’m not sure which of Amun’s items you mean. There is…
Spoiler
a sword, a necklace, and a ring.
@Clodius

As far as I can see, the way should be open. In my partial map the four switches destroy the wall so there should be no way it can reappear… but as you’re playing an older version that I no longer have access to, I can’t rule out a bug.
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

Spoiler
Only one of the 4 switches is still clicking and I see 2 spiders staying in the green haze that can be kill but unfortunately there are no effect on the secret wall.
Spoiler
Try me!
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

After trying in vain to recover the missing piece of the armor of eyes, I reluctantly gave up and headed to the HIVE.

By seeing the 4 big yellow headlines on the basic map including The Garden to name just this one; I did not expect less than the largest Garden of Eden :), with fruit trees of all kinds as far as the eye can see :D, acres of cultivated land filled with various vegetables :P ... Finally the gates of Paradise :o. What? I have the right to dream. I was so excited. when I finally reached the garden in question, I was very disappointed, and I immediately remembered that the grand master Saumun was not here to give us a gift by lining the floor with rose petals. I had not arrived in paradise but it was instead the gates of hell which opened in front of me and that the 4 paths that led me here, was only the road of the purgatory.

Resigned, I put my potatoes with the rest of my reserves. I shouted the worst insults at the address of the Machavelic creator of these dark places :x :twisted:. Then I calmed down, I sharpened slowly and with great care each one of my blades and revised my magic spells, while analyzing every nook and cranny of the detailed map I had drawn. I told myself that I shouldn't give up and that I had an important quest to complete. Save a imprisoned and tormented spirit.

When I was finally ready to meet my worst fights, I thank the sky that Saumun the Great had created the most beautiful adventure which reminded me of the moment when I pushed for the first time, the green diamond which opened the black doors of my youth :lol: .
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Unfortunately, as I said, I have no access to an older version and it may be a bug in v1.6 that stops you getting back to the Greave of Eyes. In v1.8 the small switches destroy the wall, but it’s possible that this was not the case in earlier versions.

Alas, the garden in The Hive is just the same as the others.
Because the dungeon is so large it’s just a time-saver if you need to grow, and don’t want to track back to a previous garden.

Also…
Spoiler
now that you have opened The Hive, the dragon in a room near all the fake walls in the eastern branch, will always respawn around 20 mins (I think) after being killed, in case you run out of food.
There is a clue about it somewhere in The Hive.
jahmiann
Artisan

Post by jahmiann »

Hi Clodius

For the greave of eye (in the east part)
Spoiler
There is 4 switches to push (yellow dot).
The read square will disappear and give acces to greave of eye
The green square means the geen hazes
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

@ Saumun,
I'm sorry if my comment on my attempt to retrieve the piece of armor of eyes offended you. I understand very well that a bug of the version 1.6 could be the cause. Be sure that I am not holding you responsible. Don't worry, as far as possible, I intend to finish the game with this version with or without this piece of equipment. I have a big pot of peanuts... It seems that it denies the brains :wink: If the game crashes, I will restart a new one on version 1.8
Ignore my negative comment on the garden. It was just a foolish thought of a kid who expected to see something really big when he entered those forbidden red doors as a big reward after having crossed 4 big paths strewn with pitfalls :lol:
My 2nd paragraph was only a psychological state of my mind. I was trying to put myself in the place of one of my 4 warriors who was trying to gain courage before going back to battle. It was a bit like going back to my novel that I wrote on Dungeon Master.
Have no fear, I really have no shortage of food. I have a lot of supplies and I also know that I can go see our little friend the dragon. I've visited him once before :wink:
I repeat again: Your game is just amazing, captivating and exciting and I hope you will continue to create other games like this one :D
But for my part, unfortunately it will be the last one I will play because drawing the map of a large-scale game like this one requires a lot of work. It took me 3 months to do the 4 branches and I did only 1/3 oh the Hive until now because I still don't understand some parts. But don't worry, I am still working on it :wink:
I am agree with Master... I hate switches that disappear.

@ jahmiann,
I knew about the 4 switches. I've already been through it, but I don't know why I didn't pick up the boots before leaving the area. A bug prevents me from going back.

Now I have to let you because I want to go back in again. I have an appointment with some nasty monsters :evil:
Spoiler
Try me!
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

I would like to revise all new spells in UV because I think I missed one. I see the rune Neta on the right side of the magic map. I don't know what spell activate it and it's function. Can you please enlighten me. Maybe that will help me to solve some puzzles I can't get through.
Spoiler
Try me!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

The neta spell for the magic map, is zo ir neta… but I can’t see how it would help you in this dungeon.
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

I ask because I didn't complete some puzzles and I wasn't sure if the rune on the map revealed something important that I didn't know.
Are some puzzles doable only after an activation elsewhere in the game not in the area or are they independents?
Spoiler
Try me!
Clodius_one
Adept

Post by Clodius_one »

Spoiler
My previous question referred among other things to the South/East location where you have to insert 2 coins to open a door. Strangely, the slot did not accept the firt time my 2nd coin. Later, when I came back to it after having passed a few other puzzles, I was able to insert my 2nd coin.
Spoiler
Try me!