[RTC] The Trail: Part 1

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Re: [RTC] The Trail: Part 1

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Spoiler
a clean room that is tidy
That also stumped me. Think of this clue as being literal Cleanliness\Untidy ,
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

m1ckey... I've sent you a pm.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
m1ckey
Journeyman

Post by m1ckey »

Chaos-Shaman wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:03 pm
Spoiler
a clean room that is tidy
That also stumped me. Think of this clue as being literal Cleanliness\Untidy ,
It was quite simple really, after all. I loaded earlier save game where I HADN´T chopped the tables to pieces :oops: . Rest of the guard tower was a piece of cake.

Now it seems I need Des Ew spell or Vorpal Blade to get rid of the ghosts in the cave.

Also, still have this problem:

"in the dungeon where you must disable techeyes, I have no idea how to open the door at the end of the hallway. The two levers seem to cast ZO spell, but no joy."

All four techeyes are disabled, but still nothing.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

m1ckey, I believe once they are disabled the zo spell coming out from the shooter should open it. I think one of those runes you need for the des ew spell is back on level one.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

m1ckey...

Now you've completed the guard tower, a lot more of the dungeon will open up (especially with one of the keys you now have).

Tips to get des and ew:
One is connected to the tower guards when they change shifts.
The other requires a key which you should now have, but is just trash.

In the kuros level, the zo spell should reach the door once the techeyes are disabled. When you say they are disabled, are they still visible from the front?
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

m1ckey wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:26 pm It was quite simple really, after all. I loaded earlier save game where I HADN´T chopped the tables to pieces :oops: .
This means, the tables are choppable and then you cannot solve the puzzle anymore?
What makes the puzzle even harder is that you get no clue once you are on the right way. After turning the beds and tables around, at some point the alchove with the key silently appeared. There was no "click" sound or other sign that the correct thing was done.

I did not yet have the time to go further with the reflector... it is a very busy week :(
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I had intended to make the furniture in the first room unbreakable, as CS had also mentioned it.... I forgot to do it though. It's now on the list.

Fair point also about the alcove. A sound effect will be added in the next update.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I am also stuck at the 4 tech eyes - I have to kill 5 creatures after clicking on pictures of them. However I can't kill the last one. Two hits and I'm dead. I may have entered this area two quickly, I have no healing or water and can't escape.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

It would probably be best coming back to it when you're stronger, Paul.

As far as healing goes, I haven't seen any comment on the vi rune. I can tell you that it is on the town level, and there is a clue.
Check out other buildings and surroundings.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Some parts are tough, some are easy, I got lucky on some of the puzzles.

"Fair point also about the alcove. A sound effect will be added in the next update." I think I mentioned about not being aware of the alcove, and a click is what is needed to be fair to the player. This is a great dungeon.

"I am also stuck at the 4 tech eyes - I have to kill 5 creatures after clicking on pictures of them. However I can't kill the last one. Two hits and I'm dead. I may have entered this area two quickly, I have no healing or water and can't escape."

Oh, that was a bit difficult, but there is a way, use war cry. It may take a few tries of reloading but eventually you'll be able to kill that monster. I spent quite some time building my character up as a fighter to = master, hardly used magic at all in this dungeon.
keep your gor coin handy
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

I found some time to continue playing at last :) Damn, had some busy days, so the dungeon had to wait...

I finished the Guard tower and got a Blue Steel and a fire armor.
Runes I have so far ar all power runes besides MON, all elemental runes besides VI, plus EW and RA.
I killed the ghost in the cave and found a vorpal blade. Did some grave robbing with the skeleton key, but one of the graves does not open, even when the key is inserted to the key hole. It is the one which seems to hold a bone and blue pants. Killed a bat and found two map spells but no map.
Also cleared a room full of skeletons and another one full of spirits. Found a roundway with teleporters and pressure pads, some of them seem to make buttons appear and disappear, but no clue what to do here. There is also a trollin behind a closed door and some other closed doors in the caves which don't have locks. And there're some black flames which seem to be immune to damage.
I have a brass key but do not know which lock to open with it.
Currently I have no real idea where to go next. Do I haver to return to the Guard tower and revisit the caves underneath with the Skeleton key? Or where else would be a good place to proceed?
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Leslie,

You’re progressing well.
You should definitely go under the guard tower. There are a couple of very important things there.

For the grave that won’t open... it’s occupant has not fully passed over. Have you been through the graveyard at night?

Map spells: There are no physical maps. Cast the spell on the scroll and the map will appear. You can also sell the scrolls to one of the wandering merchants. You don’t need to keep them. Once you’ve found one, the spell will always work.

My advice would be to keep the dead bat, or leave it somewhere you can find it again. Along with the recipe scrolls. They’ll be important later on.

Black flames: Look for wall buttons. They will turn on blue hazes which are necessary for something. One of the buttons is behind a door opened with the brass key. It’s close to the flames.
Find a way to kill the trolin.
There is something here that is not vital.... yet! It will be though.

Pads: Once each corner pad has been activated, another area will open. Try to stand firm against the vexirk, and be quick with the button in the other corner.

The Vi rune is on the town level. Be sure to explore other buildings.... and their surroundings.

Don’t want to give away exact solutions in the thread, but pm me if you want more specific info.
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

I continued playing and now found the VEN and IR runes, as well as a magic map.
On the circle with the pressure pads, I managed to open the walls to the next inner circle. I don't know how, basiclally I just walked around, stepping on pads and cliking buttons randomly, to be honest. I remember getting struck by a lightning out of nowhere one time.
In the inner circle again I have four pads. Each of them make one or multple clicks when I step on them, but nothing else.
Managed to solve the part with the black flames, and the graveyard, but still no clue regarding VI.
And is there a way to sell the Onyx gem? I guess the guy near the junky yard is asking for it, but how can I sell it?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Leslie... I’ve sent you a couple of messages.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

The inner and outer small pads,
Spoiler
speed is of the essence
keep your gor coin handy
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

Thanks for the two PMs, I now got the VI rune. I admit the place is looking odd enough to investigate here, I just overlooked it at the first time... but I still do not understand how the scroll
Spoiler
“A giver of breath could give the power to heal”
could have helped me here...

I investigated the first part of the Bellande's house, but did not solve the first puzzle yet.
Spoiler
I noticed that the eyes open when you either step in front of them or place one of the movable fire-things there. (sorry, do not know the correct English word:) ) I can keep them open by placing one or both of the things between them, like I understand the scroll, but it seems to be wrong.
Also noticed, after entering Bellandes house, if you give the proof that you are a Yairra to the guard a second time, it moves to a space in front of one of the key holes. ...and does not move away again.

Finally managed the two rings with the pads. I got a little further on the second cave level and met a wizard which, like the ice golem, does not go down although taking damage. Is that another create only beatably by solving a puzzle? Also found a room with a pits-and-speed puzzle. After dropping for about thirty times, I will stop here for today. Pitfall puzzles that rely on speed are not my personal favourite, they always take me days :(
Good night to you guys, and have a nice weekend!
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

The first floor of Bellande House is a little contrived, and I’m a bit worried that I should have left more clues.
You’re so close... you are right to cast a second spell on the guard because you need him to help you. If you could close both of the eyes, and reopen them at the same time?

The wizard... if i’m thinking of the right place, he looks slightly different than the others that were in the room. You need him to do something for you. Maybe try a spell?

The pits: fortunately, you don’t need to be that fast. You just need to work out the route and get the timing right.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Oh.... forgot to mention.

For those who can’t be arsed throwing stuff about, fighting with the katana or sabre gives ninja levels in this dungeon.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

The first floor of Bellande House is a little contrived, and I’m a bit worried that I should have left more clues.
You’re so close... you are right to cast a second spell on the guard because you need him to help you. If you could close both of the eyes, and reopen them at the same time?

This part got me too, but I will tell anyone who needs it, it's more obvious than you might think looking from the side lines, that's what stumped me :?
keep your gor coin handy
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

So, finally made it past this holes and other obstacles and returned their artifact to the priests. I got some nice rewards and the blessed bones as well.
But, how I do I get to the upper cave level? I remember that the entrance to the lower level was a hole which I climbed down...
m1ckey
Journeyman

Post by m1ckey »

Leslie wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:16 pm So, finally made it past this holes and other obstacles and returned their artifact to the priests. I got some nice rewards and the blessed bones as well.
But, how I do I get to the upper cave level? I remember that the entrance to the lower level was a hole which I climbed down...
How did you kill the unkillable wizard?

There´s a teleporter next to the hole.
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

m1ckey wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:02 pm How did you kill the unkillable wizard?
Cast a
Spoiler
mind control
spell on him.
He will then open some doors for you, just follow him. But be careful,
Spoiler
finally he will transform into a basilisk and attack.
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

Just solved the eyes puzzle at Belande's house, but still have no clue how. I just pushed the fire things around, and then they turned into fireball holes and almost killed me.
After the circle with the pads and the pitfall puzzle, this is now the third puzzle which I solved by luck and coincidence. I must say I find it hard to understand how the puzzles in this dungeon work and would be thankful for some more clues at certain points.
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

Again I made some progress and am now stuck in the sewers. I found neither the second yellow gem nor the keys to two locked doors. As open points I have a chest key, a solid key, a rune charm which I gave to my party leader and a scroll saying "no news is bad news". I also have the second large gear, but cannot get back to the cellar to use it.
Sorry for asking so many questions, but I don't know where to look anymore. Maybe I should give this dungeon a brake to allow my mind to rest a little...
On the other hand I would really like to know what comes next :)
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

The solid key is for
Spoiler
the other door in the cellar
It will only open when the second gear is in place.

The “no news” scroll was a hint for
Spoiler
the lever combination when getting the second gear N E W S
so you can throw that away.

Since you mentioned the chest key but not the chest, I assume you don’t have it.

Head south in the sewer as far as you can go (watch out for spinners). You need the sewer key to get the chest and the second yellow gem.
It opens multiple doors.
It will also give you access to something else valuable.

Well done finding the room charm.
Spoiler
Picking up a certain tune means death without it.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I think Saumun means rune, I was lucky and had it already.
keep your gor coin handy
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

So, the spinners were the problem. The rest of the sewers was then straight forward :)
I am now back in the caves and have the three incantations and a grapple.
I will now look for the last missing runes (KATH, KU, ROS, SAR) and then, I guess, release hell on Earth with the incantations...?
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

Saumun wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:29 am In the kuros level, the zo spell should reach the door once the techeyes are disabled. When you say they are disabled, are they still visible from the front?
I appear to have the same behavior.
All four eyes have been chopped from behind, and the plates have been reinstalled afterwards.
From the corridor you see just smashed eyes. The ZO spell hits the door at the end of the corridor, but nothing else happens.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

If that’s the case, then that is a problem.... but it’s one I don’t understand.
It has never failed to open in any test, and I have never altered anything to do with it.
I’m going to need to look into this.
Once the eyes are all disabled, the zo spell should open the door.
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

If it helps, I could send you my saved game. The characters are just one step beside the ZO launcher.
I am playing version 1.01