[RTC] Underworld Dreams 1.2

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
m1ckey
Journeyman

Re: [RTC] Underworld Dreams 1.2

Post by m1ckey »

Silenoz wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:08 pm Hello, where can I find an explanation for a newbie how to install and run the game on w10?
- Download and unzip RTC 0.49 to your preferred folder. https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21A ... 18BAED6EC0

- Download Underworld Dreams 1.2 RTC file

- Move aforementioned RTC file to /RTC_V049/Modules folder

- Start RTC.exe

-Enjoy!

IF you´re a total beginner in the world of DM, you´re better of starting with original Dungeon Master to get a hang of it.
It´s included in Return to chaos 0.49, as are Chaos Strikes Back and Dungeon Master 2.

Oh, and if didn´t already, check http://dmweb.free.fr/ for all your Dungeon Master needs.
m1ckey
Journeyman

Post by m1ckey »

Need some help myself:

- I´m at the great tree
- got a lantern from tiger´s den
- got to revolving alcove

What I´m missing are the RA keys.
From what I´ve read, there should be three of those, but I havent´t found even the first one to enter Sleepy Hollow.
m1ckey
Journeyman

Post by m1ckey »

m1ckey wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:00 pm
Silenoz wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:08 pm Hello, where can I find an explanation for a newbie how to install and run the game on w10?
- Download and unzip RTC 0.49 to your preferred folder. https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21A ... 18BAED6EC0

- Download Underworld Dreams 1.2 RTC file

- Move aforementioned RTC file to /RTC_V049/Modules folder

- Start RTC.exe

-Enjoy!

IF you´re a total beginner in the world of DM, you´re better of starting with original Dungeon Master to get a hang of it.
It´s included in Return to chaos 0.49, as are Chaos Strikes Back and Dungeon Master 2.

Oh, and if didn´t already, check http://dmweb.free.fr/ for all your Dungeon Master needs.
There´s a direct link, http://www.mediafire.com/file/frwfxczv8 ... C_0.49.rar for RTC 0.49 AND the Underworld Dreams 1.2 RTC file included.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Hi m1ckey

I think you will
Spoiler
go down a shoot in the tree but you need to click on something to stop on a floor that the party quickly passes
This is a big dungeon and there are a lot of things to remember, so I hope I am right. It's tough.
keep your gor coin handy
m1ckey
Journeyman

Post by m1ckey »

Chaos-Shaman wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:54 pm Hi m1ckey

I think you will
Spoiler
go down a shoot in the tree but you need to click on something to stop on a floor that the party quickly passes
This is a big dungeon and there are a lot of things to remember, so I hope I am right. It's tough.
Thanks, that must be it!

I´m really enjoying this dungeon so far. The thing that put me off from playing at first was the too pretty and colorful graphics.
You see, I´m very, very, VERY colorblind. That´s why grey tiles of DM appeal to me.
On a yearly basis I complete some of my favorite games, such as Lucasfilm/arts and sierra adventures and I always choose 16/32 color versions over 256 any time. I couldn´t even look at Doom and other pixel-color-messy FPS´s without puking.
Thank the lord for grayscale mode :lol:

Sorry for the rant.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Wow, you're playing with a handicap, could not imagine that. From what I know about color blindness, it's a lot more common in men, one in every 6 or 7 suffer from it. You'll find this dungeon a challenge, must think outside the box for many of the puzzles, make sure to keep using all new spells, try everything. I have played it off and on from the beginning of December, stuck at the very last area and Adamski has disappeared, hopefully he'll return soon. Good luck and have fun playing it.
keep your gor coin handy
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Not heard from the Adamski for a while, if you are reading, I hope all is well! And thanks again for what is a masterpiece of design, I'll go into more detail in my review ;-) It has reignited my interest in competing a couple of projects I started years ago.

Now to find this damn book.
m1ckey
Journeyman

Post by m1ckey »

I think you will
Spoiler
Didn´t work. I´m really at my wits end here.
Ra key/keys are to be found at the great tree, right? And not some other location?
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Not sure m1ckey. So much to remember. All I can suggest is get someone to look at your save game, Adamski must be on vacation.
keep your gor coin handy
Silenoz
Neophyte

Post by Silenoz »

m1ckey wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:00 pmIF you´re a total beginner in the world of DM, you´re better of starting with original Dungeon Master to get a hang of it.
It´s included in Return to chaos 0.49, as are Chaos Strikes Back and Dungeon Master 2
Thanks for help, I'll try it tomorrow.

No I grew up with Dungeoncrawler, especially on my lovely Amiga 500, my favorites are Eye of the Beholder, Dark Crypt and for me the best rpg ever - AMBERSTAR!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Hi Silenoz, welcome to the forum.

Yeah, those Amiga 500 days, loved the crawlers, Black Crypt, Crystal Dragon, Beholder and others. It was so exciting to read the Amiga mags back then, looking at the future BEFORE the internet got involved and took away that private challenge, the programmer and player. I think you'll find some dungeons here giving off that old feeling.
keep your gor coin handy
m1ckey
Journeyman

Post by m1ckey »

Oh those Miggy days... Still have my original one complete in box. Every year or two I bring her out for a gaming session. My disks from 86/87 still work fine. I´ve heard those are the ones first to fail, not for me, though. (YET!) ;)

Welcome Silenoz.
Reason I asked about your prior knowledge to DM, is that this dungeon is pretty tough. Basic knowledge of definitely needed, it also helps if you´ve completed DM & CSB a few times, if not required.
Silenoz
Neophyte

Post by Silenoz »

Yeah, I'm very excited about what Dungeon Crawler I can discover here! :)
Ok, I love Dungeon Crawler but I'm not an expert and don't have so much time - but 'll try it!
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I have managed to make some progress and got to the rainbow mines - but am not sure on my next step. I have a blue crystal from the creature corridor, but no more keys to open the other doors. I have been to the control room and put the crystal in the alcove.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Oh hang on, a new door has opened 'the magnet'.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Adamski, where are you? Anyone, please, I need some help. I am stuck in a few spots at the dragon shrine, I am confused a bit too.
Spoiler
The astral portal is confusing, messages happen but they don't mach the action. I managed to get Quilp's hat and treasure but I am not sure if I was suppose to get it that way. I am stuck with the rabbit's puzzle which says: press both the pads plus the one behind me to open the central gate, don't know what to do, the pad is behind a door
Spoiler
I need another dragon statue. I could not solve the puzzle that says: be quick and smart with a red cross button and an ornate like door, I bet that other dragon statue is in there, or the lightning key I need for the meditation pad downstairs
Spoiler
At the dragon shrine, there is a pillar blocking a passage to the east where the fires are located, there is something in the alcove
Back at the rainbow mines, I noticed the mushroom family, do I need to do something with them, they're behind a pit.
I found a hat and clothing near the little girls house, is it just decoration?

What a crazy dungeon, it's challenging
keep your gor coin handy
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

It is actually possible to "save" one of the three RA keys from the sleepy hollow, the last one to be exact.
There is that sleepyness room which has to left by opening another door with a lantern. In the room behind the door, there is an unbrakable barrel. You can place the barrel under the door and remove the lantern. The door will close and hit the barrel. By pushing the barrel you can quickly slip through the door together with the lantern.
In that way, you don't have to use the third RA key, and you also don't have to trick Gylfi in the Sleepy hollow.
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I am at the part where I need to put out the flames with water -
Spoiler
I assume is water crystal.
But I have no crystals left after fitting all the green ones in place. I can't find any more solid keys, is there one in the abandoned galleries? There could be a couple of things I have missed
Spoiler
ie the pressure pad and door with the rail trucks
, but I am back to wondering around hopelessly. I also have an onyx key, the second one.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I got into the
Spoiler
lord chaos dream by jamming the door open. But I am now trapped inside after exiting the dream!
Sadly I have run out of options, I will too wait for the return of Adamski.
m1ckey
Journeyman

Post by m1ckey »

m1ckey wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:43 pm

I think you will
Spoiler
Ra key/keys are to be found at the great tree, right? And not some other location?
Still can´t find the bloody keys, not even the first one.
I just know there must be an embarrassingly simple solution... :lol:
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I can't remember where I got the first Ra key. How many lanterns do you have?
Spoiler
I have managed to retrieve a solid key from past the fire - but it took a lot of deaths and reloads before I got through in one piece (and back out). Fire shield spell seems to have been disables, and ya bro potions don't cast either, though ya ir worked
m1ckey
Journeyman

Post by m1ckey »

PaulH wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:47 pm I can't remember where I got the first Ra key. How many lanterns do you have?
Just the one from Tiger´s den. So I have cleared paths to:

- The revolving alcove
- The main entrance to Sleepy hollow
- "Back door" to Sleepy hollow /w RA lock, down the chute.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I can't remember to be honest! I'm stuck again too, same problem, can't find keys. I've semi cheated to gain access to one, but still short.
Spoiler
I keep seeing the myconid people - how do I get to them? Does each path in the mines lead to a key
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Progress, I had missed a door in the second path. I cannot for the life of me
Spoiler
fathom the truck puzzle in triks and traps. I can see I must put a truck on each pressure pad, and use the spinners to orient them. But they just spin away as I face them - and if I can get to push one off the spinner in the split second I have, it turns on the next tile anyway, often rendering it immobile - or trapping me
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Got there in the end! Took some doing
Spoiler
As did the rest of the fire column puzzle - I managed to cheat it by getting through using just my health points
Now in Sivis. Wow. Amazing feel and mechanics, reminds me a little of Black Crypt and the underwater section it had. Never realised the RTC engine could be stretched this far!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

PaulH wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:15 pm Got there in the end! Took some doing
Spoiler
As did the rest of the fire column puzzle - I managed to cheat it by getting through using just my health points
Now in Sivis. Wow. Amazing feel and mechanics, reminds me a little of Black Crypt and the underwater section it had. Never realised the RTC engine could be stretched this far!
It is amazing, Adamski did a great job at testing the dungeon mechanics. There were a few faults to it but overall, this is stunning work.

I am still stuck at the dragon shrine, solved a bit more and feel close to the end, but I need another dragon statue to get in that door, there is a pillar I can't remove in a hallway, and a puzzle a floor down where a rabbit tells me to step on three pads which one is behind a door.

Did you figure out the myco mushroom family thing? I saw them too
Has anyone killed off the monsters in sleepy hollow?

Where is Adamski?
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

m1ckey wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:50 pm
m1ckey wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:43 pm

I think you will
Spoiler
Still can´t find the bloody keys, not even the first one.
I just know there must be an embarrassingly simple solution... :lol:
I believe you go down the chute and you'll see a rope, try to click on it when going down it.
keep your gor coin handy
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

Hello guys.
So, I'll try to help you out a bit since Adamski is not around apparently... Problem is: I forgot lots of things.

M1ckey: I don't remember where the Ra keys are, but they're definitely all in the big tree...

Paul, CS: About the mushroom family (families) in the rainbow mines parts:
Spoiler
there's nothing to do with them I think. I finished the game and got 100% of the secrets without doing anything with them.
The rest is for CS:
the pad to press behind a grate door in the dragon shrine:
Spoiler
you won't solve this in the dragon shrine, it's more of a dream palace secret. It's the Bateson quest, and is not required to finish the game. I don't remember how all of this works, but it starts at the upper library... Did you open it?
Near the fires (not sure that's your question):
Spoiler
there's a fake wall there, next to the second fire. Reach it in your astral form.
The "be quick and smart": it might be where the second statue is, but I'm not sure...
Spoiler
I don't remember exactly how you have to solve this, I think you have to quickly switch between astral and physical forms
Maybe the second statue is also to be reached from the
Spoiler
room with many pillars, next to where you ended Quilp miserable life. Keep an eye on your map in that room: there are teleports aiming at misguiding you
I did kill all the monsters in sleepy hollow. Quite a hard fight, but possible once your team gets powerful enough( I thinks your team should be strong enough, Chaos Shaman).
Spoiler
Prepare yourself for the fight (Vi potions, fire bombs and ice stones), move as soon as you can in one of the corridors behind the doors that are still opened so all the enemies come from the same direction. When the enemies in front of you are weak ones (wolves for example, don't kill them too fast, use them to block the stronger enemies so you can take the time to heal yourself and prepare some new spells.
Again, this is not required to finish the game
I might be able to help you if you send me your savegame (since in mine, everything is solved already).
Igor Poulpupov
Artisan

Post by Igor Poulpupov »

So, I found some info for M1ckey:
from what I read, you found your way to the sleepy hollow. Here's how to navigate it:
Spoiler
don't wake the monsters, obviously. You can walk through the pottery things, just click on them quickly after doing so in order to not let them fall. Do the same when items hit the pottery things. You should be able to find a ra key there...
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Thank you Igor

The rest is for CS:
the pad to press behind a grate door in the dragon shrine:
Did not open the upper library for the Bateson quest, where ever his hideout is, not sure where to look.

Near the fires (not sure that's your question):
There is a pillar in the hallway, it is on the east side, near the fake wall where it says, through the fire.

Completed the quick and smart, What do I use the
Spoiler
dispell from the gloves for? What does it dispell?
What is the fire wand for? I thought Mr Quilp wanted it
What are the clan keys for? I have 3
I found the one statue
Spoiler
just above the room of pillars, but where is the other one?
Their health is good, 666 :) it is how strong Electra is and Goro is at 613

I will send you my save file...
keep your gor coin handy