Pick up shot projectiles automatically?

This forum is for the Lua scriptable clone of DM/CSB called Dungeon Strikes Back by Sophia. Use DSB to build your own highly customised games.

Moderator: Sophia

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
meadwarrior
Journeyman

Pick up shot projectiles automatically?

Post by meadwarrior »

Hello!

One of the great features Legend of Grimrock introduced to the dungeon crawler formula is the automatic pick up of shot projectiles (which are then put in the places of the inventory they were shot from).
:?: Has something like this already been done in DSB?

Where my question comes from:
I'd like to make the two back characters more useful in standard combat (except for slinging spells, of course).
One thing I noticed watching players play dungeon crawlers is that they rarely use projectile weapons, probably because picking all projectiles up one by one is so cumbersome.

Thanks!
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Re: Pick up shot projectiles automatically?

Post by Sophia »

DSB is designed to play like DM so it doesn't do anything like this automatically, but the base code definitely includes hooks to make this sort of thing easier. Every thrown projectile sets a last_owner exvar on itself, so it can easily be restored to the inventory of the person who threw it.
meadwarrior
Journeyman

Re: Pick up shot projectiles automatically?

Post by meadwarrior »

It's definitely not something I could do myself, but it's good to know that something like this is possible.
Thanks!