[April Fool's] DSB is an Epic Games Store exclusive

This forum is for the Lua scriptable clone of DM/CSB called Dungeon Strikes Back by Sophia. Use DSB to build your own highly customised games.

Moderator: Sophia

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

[April Fool's] DSB is an Epic Games Store exclusive

Post by Sophia »

DSB is now an Epic Games Store exclusive!

After much consideration, I have decided to make DSB an Epic Games Store exclusive. This means that, effective immediately, DSB will no longer be available to download anywhere other than the Epic Games Store.

This may be concerning to some people, but I want to reassure you all, it's really good news for me. So that's good. For me, I mean. In all seriousness, I made a whole lot of money doing this. I apologize for any inconvenience caused, but you know, like I said, they paid me a whole gigantic pile of money. So that's really the important thing here.

I want to reward everyone who has stuck with me through all this, though. So anyone who preordered DSB will, in addition, receive all DSBDLC released for free as well. Except for the stuff I already promised was going to be exclusive for people who bought the super deluxe platinum edition, you still don't get that if you didn't buy the super deluxe platinum edition, but you get all the rest of it. Maybe.

Another potential issue is the lack of features in the Epic Games Store, but, don't worry, DSB already lacks most of the same features that the Epic Games Store lacks, so it is actually an excellent fit. Going forward, the two platforms should be able to lack features even more harmoniously.

I hope everyone else is as excited by this news as me!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: DSB is an Epic Games Store exclusive

Post by Gambit37 »

Fabulous news. I'm definitely excited that you received a big pile of cash. That's always the most important thing for fans to be excited about. I'm also delighted to hear about the possibility of Schrodinger's DLC for DSB, I'm over the moon about the uncertainty of that. All in all, this is awesome news for DSB and I'm delighted and thrilled for all the involved parties that leverage and investment will prove to be a huge bonus in the retro game engine vertical.
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

Great news, you well deserve it.
"You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train!" Alfred E. Neuman
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Cool, gratz...and I suppose we can look forward to a series of only-slightly-expensive microtransactions/DLC if we want access to special features such as armour and spellcasting? :D
Arch Master

Post by Bit »

:mrgreen: (and hi everyone)
JETENGINE
Journeyman

Post by JETENGINE »

Congratulations, Sophia! You deserve it!

I assume this means that earlier versions of DSB are no longer available for download.

Have a good day, all!
Hanging by a thread.
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

Does this mean my license has expired on the version
I downloaded last year? If you want it back, you will have
to pay the postage (And I will return it in printed form....2000
bytes per page!).
Bit
Arch Master

Post by Bit »

:lol: Seems she sold my avatar and Sphenx' private message box too!