Change Keybinds in DM2

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
shdwdrake8
Neophyte

Change Keybinds in DM2

Post by shdwdrake8 »

Hi all. I hope people still check this forum... For the life of me I can't figure out how to change the keybinds in this game. I hate arrow keys. I'm pretty desperate at this point so if anyone has any idea please let me know. Thanks!

I am running the PC version through dosbox for what it's worth.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: Change Keybinds in DM2

Post by Ameena »

I don't recall a way to rebind the keys (game is a bit old for such concepts, I think ;)) - think I always used to just use the mouse. Have you tried using the numpad instead of the cursor keys? The top or bottom two rows may match to the on-screen arrows. It's been a long time since I played it so I can't remember, but I do similarly run through DOSBox (still have the original disk).
Journeyman

Post by JETENGINE »

Numpad 1 and 3: Strafe
Numpad 4 and 6: Turn
Numpad 5: Forward
Numpad 2: Backward

There is no way to rebind these. However, you could try to use something along the lines of JoyToKey to allow those keys to be emulated on a joystick.

Sorry that I can't be of any real help.
Hanging by a thread.
michal
Neophyte

Post by michal »

You can change key mapping in DosBox. Press Ctrl+F1 to enter the keymapper, click on a key whose action you want to remap somewhere else (e.g. one of the arrow or numpad keys), click "Add" and press a new key (e.g. one of Q W E A S D). Repeat for each arrow/numpad key. Click "Save". The mapping will be loaded every time you restart DosBox until you change it manually or until you erase it by running `dosbox -erasemapper`.

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”