Hello and Happy Anniversary to the Forum

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Draken
Neophyte

Hello and Happy Anniversary to the Forum

Post by Draken »

Hello everyone,

I'm Draken, I'm from France but I'll move to Phoenix in 2020.

Dungeon Master is my all time favorite game and since few month I'm working on a new version special version of Dungeon Master for 2020 ....

Here is a little teaser image with some clues:

And it seems that today the forum is open since 20 years.... so Happy Anniversary to the forum :)
Master Draken
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: Hello and Happy Anniversary to the Forum

Post by Ameena »

Hi, welcome to the forum :). Wow, this thing has been going for twenty years? Well, it didn't start out as this forum - it used to be several different ones (pretty sure there were at least two, one for RTC and one for CSBWin) but they all merged at some point. I originally joined the RTC forum back in 2003, then eventually it all got smooshed together into this more general DM forum, merging all the people into one big(ish ;)) happy DM family :D.
Neophyte

Post by Draken »

I think it's twenty years because the oldest member joined on Sat Sep 25, 1999 3:07 pm.

I just realize that copy the wrong version of the message I've prepared, and I don't know how to edit it (maybe I'm not yet allowed to edit posts).

Here is the correction of the sentence: ... since few month I'm working on a new VeRy special VeRsion of Dungeon Master for 2020 ;)

Here are more teasers images :

Image Image Image Image

I'll hope that there are still players interested to play another Dungeon Master clone in 2020 (with lots of surprises). I'm working allmost fulltime time on this and I hope I can have soon a playable alpha demo of some features.
Master Draken
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

There have been a bunch of clone-type versions of DM - maybe if someone around here gets some time they can check yours out and see how it plays :). As long as you're not trying to make money off it, it's fine (a few people in the past have tried to get away with doing so and been reported accordingly) :). Also, these days we have a Discord server, if you're interested (it's about as quiet as the forum but there are still a few of us there, at least ;)) - https://discord.gg/2T8CSCR if you want to join us.
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

Hope you inform us, as to how to locate your clone, once it's up and running.
"Wuuf's big brother"
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Hi Draken

That is great man, I sure hope it turns out for you and the rest of us who do exist in the shadows. One day when the winds of change have taken place that I'll be back to serve with others.

Good luck to you on this.
keep your gor coin handy
Draken
Neophyte

Post by Draken »

MasterWuuf wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:35 am Hope you inform us, as to how to locate your clone, once it's up and running.
Off course, Master Wuuf, it may come soon (before the end of the year). But the first version will be limited (for the moment the dungeon generation is almost finished, and I'm working on the magick system).

Master Draken
Last edited by Draken on Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Master Draken
Draken
Neophyte

Post by Draken »

Chaos-Shaman wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:10 pm Hi Draken

That is great man, I sure hope it turns out for you and the rest of us who do exist in the shadows. One day when the winds of change have taken place that I'll be back to serve with others.

Good luck to you on this.
Hello Chaos Shaman,

I didn't understand everthing, but thanks for the support.

Master Draken
Master Draken
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Hello Draken

I'll be around for it when you release it, look forward to your game.
keep your gor coin handy