Another other DM Clone .. but a VeRy special VeRsion ;)

Lesser known clone projects or isolated news items about rare or unusual clones.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Draken
Neophyte

Another other DM Clone .. but a VeRy special VeRsion ;)

Post by Draken »

Hi,

As I wrote in my presentation, since few month I'm working on a new VeRy special VeRsion of Dungeon Master for 2020 ;)

Maybe it's better to have a new thread here for my project.

I'll hope that there are still players interested to play another Dungeon Master clone (with lots of surprises). Since few month, I'm working allmost fulltime time on this project. I hope I can have soon a playable alpha demo of some of the finished features.

I was not clear enough in my welcome post, but there is a little riddle in the post to find what is VeRy special in my VeRsion (easy)?

The first on this forum with the correct answer wil be the first to have the demo ;

Here are some teasers images :

Image Image Image Image Image

Draken Master
Master Draken
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Re: Another other DM Clone .. but a VeRy special VeRsion ;)

Post by oh_brother »

Is it a VR version? :)
Draken
Neophyte

Post by Draken »

oh_brother wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:57 pm Is it a VR version? :)
Yes I'm working on a VR version of Dungeon Master :D

If you're have an OCULUS Rift (I'm only working on the Rift S for the moment) and if you're interested, you'll be the first to have a "playable early aplha" version. 8) As I have some VR Headsets at Home (the VALVE Index, SAMSUNG Odyssey+, OCULUS Quest & Go), when this version is finished, I may make other versions in the future.

I've already made some tests with Steam VR and the Index but the contollers are more complex... So I'm only focus on the Touch version and the first Steam VR version will only use OCULUS Touch "like" buttons.

Currently, lots of dungeons items are finish (with basic graphics) and I'm working on the magick system. I think I found an interesting way of usings symbols (runes) in VR. I hope I can post some screenshots (or even videos) soon to show how it works when it's finished.

Draken Master
Master Draken
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

I would love to play a VR version, but I don't have Oculus Rift. I have an old PC and I am pretty sure that it does not meet the required specs. Maybe one day I will upgrade! :D
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

hmmmmm... i can imagine the jumpscares some people will have in this game already. do not want to be wandering around in the dungeons without light. XD

i will eventually be getting a VR headset at some point, but probably not til next year when i start getting bonus pay again >_<

i look forward to seeing more of this!
Immortal Dungeoneer.