[RTC] Vaults & Dungeons

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

[RTC] Vaults & Dungeons

Post by Zed5Duke »

Its full sci-fi adventure similar to Fallout 1 game, it have similar size and tyle, half game you spend on solving quests, barter and survival. I made lot of new graphic and sound for it. Its completed and already after many tests and updates. You dont need to play Fallout before because I changed many things its almost all original. It begin inside atom bomb vault where you live, something break and you go outside to find replace part, and here begin much bigger quests.

37 new wallset
100 new scenery
100+ NPC
50+ new monsters
200+ new items
24 guns
50+ levels

more info, screens and download here
https://www.moddb.com/mods/vaults-dungeons

MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Re: [RTC] Vaults & Dungeons

Post by MasterWuuf »

Looks interesting, Zed5Duke. I'll try it out later. Thanks.
"Wuuf's big brother"
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

I played it for about an hour now, solved some quests at the starting place.
The dungeon looks very interesting!
I got two keys to lockers as rewards for questst, but found no places where to use them... are the keys to be used later on?
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

Played a little further. Explored Salty Sands, Junktown, Khans Camp, Vault 15, parts of the Hub and part of BOS missions.

Open topics at the moment...
...solved three mutant hunting missions of BOS, but stuck at the last one. I don't find a mutant at the Junktown mines.
...explored the volcano lake and found the
Spoiler
spellbook stones
, but have no clue what BOS wants as proof that I have been there.
...returned the water chip to the starting vault and have been sent back to the wastelands to inspire others... what am I dupposed to do?
...have not yet figured out how to use the car. When touching it, nothing happens.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Looks fantastic, will definitely be playing later!
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

...is there no one else playing this dungeon? :)

I am still stuck, and cannot play at the moment, as I was sent on a business trip. Hopefully on the weekend!

If I may, I'd like to share some of my thoughts about this dungeon.
- I never played Fallout, so everything is new to me. I really like the atmosphere and environment that has been created here. Really great!!
- The quest and trade system not using the traditional DM2 shops is really nice. Although sometimes hard to keep record of all the open quests.
- I really like the house you can buy and then upgrade to a personal base of operation :)
- I find the battles too easy. Even the larger mutants can be chopped down with the "sharp sword" without having to "dance".
- I quickly ditched all the guns, to be honest. Collecting the right ammo type for every gun is difficult, and unnecessary. The "sharp sword", which can be bought early in the game for just two gold, does all the fighting stuff. And you even get magic quite early, so no need for the guns.
- as soon as you get magic, you don't need to collect ingredients for potions and items providing light anymore. That's okay, but makes the survival part a lot easier.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

You can show big green rock as proof (but its not quest)
After solve chip quest you must go away to NOT inspire others to leave vault
There is two gold mines in Junktown and there is hidden corridor behind rocks
Later missions are much harder you need big machine guns
You can use car if you get quest from thieves guild
I plan more locations but reach limits in editor (amount of objects on maps)
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

Thanks, I found the second gold mine and completed the rock pile quest.
Got two new quests, and dont' know where to go to solve them.
One preventing some dog trainers to control a mutant. I thought that would be the dog trainer in Hub, but I seem to be wrong.
The other one is to go to some town and look for a swarm of wasps.
I don't know of any unexplored places at the moment and have no clue where to go for these two.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

show badge to accept quest and you will be transport to that location (npc in base actually say that)
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

I made V&D1 High Difficulty Mod it have better difficulty balance more RPG than just walking adventure
(changes are about less money more survival less powerful characters and stronger monsters)
boyflea
Expert

Post by boyflea »

I LOVE Fallout AND Dungeon Master: you have brought the atmosphere for both games together perfectly!
Very enjoyable! thankyou!

Rushed around first part so am starting again... great stuff so far! thankyou!
The stonework walls? Pristine. The floor? Level. The waterworks? Flowing. Central heating? The Dragon in the basement was grumpily heating the pipes. Lord Chaos consulted the blueprints again, looking for the bathroom. #playmygame!
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

I finished some more stuff for BOS and have now been sent to a place called Necropolis. BOS mentioned that will be the final mission... will the game be over after that one?
I have a lot of quest items left, and also some parts in the BOS area which I am still not allowed to enter.
And I did not find the thieves guild, I guess this is related to the key from the Santa Clause guy? Never found a place to use this key.
I guess I missed a lot... :(