How does "The Ways Junction" works exactly ?

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
SSShakuras
Neophyte

How does "The Ways Junction" works exactly ?

Post by SSShakuras »

Greetings.

As you probably all already know, after choosing a path in the The Ways Junction there are two teleporters in each corridor in each way.

I'm trying to reach the Key of B of the Neta Path , but the path keep sending me to the Vexing Vexirk area, no matter of much time i try to retake that corridor after going back to the The Ways Junction though the teleporter at level 9.

How exactly is it decided if/which one will proc ?
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Re: How does "The Ways Junction" works exactly ?

Post by ChristopheF »

The two invisible teleporters in the each corridor are oscillating. You have to find the right time to avoid entering the first one and enter the second one. You can place items on the floor to check if the first teleporter is active or not and wait until it is inactive.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Failing that, you can probably get to that area from a different direction - I think pretty much everything in CSB is accessible from at least a couple of different directions. Can't remember specifics for that particular key, though. It's been a while since I played ;).
Neophyte

Post by SSShakuras »

@ChristopheF
so, basically spam the ground with Zo Kath Ra and go when they don't teleport. hopefully, the windows of action is not too small.

@Ameena
Sadly, it look like the "pray for a miracle" area and its Key of B is only reachable though the Ways Junction system.
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

ChristopheF wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:31 am The two invisible teleporters in the each corridor are oscillating. You have to find the right time to avoid entering the first one and enter the second one. You can place items on the floor to check if the first teleporter is active or not and wait until it is inactive.
I don't think they oscillate, I remember using a fixed timing to consistently pass the one I wanted, after I figured all about the mechanism .
I Never used items on the floor for that.
I did use items on the floor to figure out where I was teleported, to finally know the timing.
Edit. May be there is a misunderstanding about "oscillate", when I say they do not oscillate, I mean there is no random timer. No randomness like at the laughing pit.
"You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train!" Alfred E. Neuman