"Choose your door"

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Stridey
Neophyte

"Choose your door"

Post by Stridey »

Level 9 I believe. Can you ever gain access to the other area or is it forever locked to you?

It looks like I'll be missing out on these items, so no biggy:

04 (15,31) Corn, Cheese
05 (35,27) Cheese, Water Flask, Ful Bomb
06 (27,26) Corn
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Re: "Choose your door"

Post by ChristopheF »

You can only take one of the two paths, there are no other Key of B in the dungeon that you could use to open both doors (without cheating of course with an editor).
You only lose 04 (15,31) Corn, Cheese
The other objects are elsewhere in the dungeon. 05 & 06 are creatures on the map, not objects.
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

Which section is this?

The section just before the ZOOOM! area? (The two doors after the Beholder Eyes after stepping down the steps after the Corbamite alcove). If so, there's another key on the floor of either side, allowing the other side to be checked out.

The section just after the 'clockwise" area, with three doors? (I believe that is the section needing a square key).
If so, there's another key in one of the 'seven?' rooms (with only ?four? keys to open the doors area. Grrr)
That still leaves one section you can't visit in that area.

I honestly can't recall another section. Curious to know which area you are referencing.
"Wuuf's big brother"
Stridey
Neophyte

Post by Stridey »

ChristopheF wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 4:30 pm You can only take one of the two paths, there are no other Key of B in the dungeon that you could use to open both doors (without cheating of course with an editor).
You only lose 04 (15,31) Corn, Cheese
The other objects are elsewhere in the dungeon. 05 & 06 are creatures on the map, not objects.
Ah ok, thanks
Stridey
Neophyte

Post by Stridey »

MasterWuuf wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:06 pm Which section is this?

The section just before the ZOOOM! area? (The two doors after the Beholder Eyes after stepping down the steps after the Corbamite alcove). If so, there's another key on the floor of either side, allowing the other side to be checked out.

The section just after the 'clockwise" area, with three doors? (I believe that is the section needing a square key).
If so, there's another key in one of the 'seven?' rooms (with only ?four? keys to open the doors area. Grrr)
That still leaves one section you can't visit in that area.

I honestly can't recall another section. Curious to know which area you are referencing.
No worries, my question was answered. If you need to know I'll edit a map for you
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I think they're talking about Level Eleven (the one that starts with the "Turn back"/"Clockwise" puzzle), where you get the Key of B and can choose one of three routes whch each contain different monsters (Water Elementals down all three but one route contains them only, the other two also have Giant Wasps and Blue Trolls, respectively) but all lead to the same point. You only miss out on minor items whichever route you take.
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

On level 9 (ie the Scorpion level) you can indeed clear out both areas behind the 'Choose your door' options. Each area has a monster that carries a further Key of B which is intended to be used at 30,22 (both areas funnel to this spot, though each area has a pressure plate and door first so you can't simply walk back into the alternate area). Instead of using the key there, simply walk back to Choose your Door and use it on the other door.