"missile" spells that trigger actions

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Leslie
Adept

"missile" spells that trigger actions

Post by Leslie »

Hi all,

I am wondering how I can create "missile" like spells that trigger actions once they hit the party or a monster.
Something like in the Underworld dreams withe the sleep spell causing the target to get immobile, or the ice spell creating an ice cube on the target square.
Could someone give me a clue? Thanks!
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
Saumun
High Lord

Re: "missile" spells that trigger actions

Post by Saumun »

You can certainly do this. I know because I’ve done it several times myself.
I’m not at my computer, but look at the tabs within the spell (the physical spell itself, not the casting of it). There is a tab labelled ‘explode’ (I think) where you can insert additional actions to happen when a spell hits something.
If you create a specific relay and have the additional actions target it, you can do all manner of things.

Rendering a target immobile is also possible, but there’s a little more to it. If this is what you want, let me know and I’ll pm the details.
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
Leslie
Adept

Re: "missile" spells that trigger actions

Post by Leslie »

Thanks Saumun, I had a short look into it and found the option.
I will give it a try once I have more time. Possibly on the weekend :)
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.