Happy Halloween!

Chat about anything not fitting into the other categories.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
The Journeyman
Craftsman

Happy Halloween!

Post by The Journeyman »

Happy Halloween y'all!! :twisted: ..which is also a bit of a Dungeon Master Remembrance Day, seeing as how much mummies are out there.

Since anything is possible nowadays..I'm wondering how much people ..if any..are dressing up as purple worms with screamers at their side. And is there maybe a single giggler somewhere? :0
Also I guess at least one poor dog was dressed up as Wuuf at some point maybe..
I'm gonna sleep in the rat room.
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Re: Happy Halloween!

Post by MasterWuuf »

The Journeyman said, "Happy Halloween y'all!! :twisted: ..which is also a bit of a Dungeon Master Remembrance Day, seeing as how much mummies are out there.

Since anything is possible nowadays..I'm wondering how much people ..if any..are dressing up as purple worms with screamers at their side. And is there maybe a single giggler somewhere? :0
Also I guess at least one poor dog was dressed up as Wuuf at some point maybe.."

I had never thought of dressing up as Wuuf, especially now that I find Wuuf to be a LADY!!! :lol:
"Wuuf's big brother"
jayrshaw
Lo Master

Post by jayrshaw »

Happy Halloween, everyone! My wife and I just finished carving a tiny pumpkin. I always thought that Dungeon Master had a bit more of a "scare factor" than a lot of the other games I've played because you can round a corner and suddenly see a pair of Wizard Eyes or something lurking in wait for you...

--Jay
The Journeyman
Craftsman

Post by The Journeyman »

tiny carved pumpkin..nice. You should try putting that in a vi-altar and see what'll happen. Maybe the strongest monster yet to come? Or a minion to fight on your side... :)
jayrshaw
Lo Master

Post by jayrshaw »

No altar, but we do have a tiny, black cauldron with a candle in it that we plan to light up....
The Journeyman
Craftsman

Post by The Journeyman »

sounds good...but...dude, every household should have a vi-altar. you know..just to be on the safe side.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Since it’s Halloween, I’ll leave a link to a short ‘just a bit of fun’ halloween dungeon I knocked up in a couple of days, a few years ago.
It only takes about 20-30 mins to run through and exploits an RTC bug where you can play while dead.
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=30107
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
jayrshaw
Lo Master

Post by jayrshaw »

Hi Saumun,

This is probably a dumb question, but how do you run the .RTC file at the download link in the thread you just linked to?

--Jay
The Journeyman
Craftsman

Post by The Journeyman »

just finished it...lol, way to exploit a bug, man...it was fun! Coincidentally earlier today I read about this bug and its effects. Didn't expect someone to make a dungeon out of it :)

jayrshaw: you need the latest RTC-Version 0.49. Then just throw the helloween.rtc in the modules folder, fire up ReturnTo Chaos and select the Helloween dungeon and you are good to go.
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I found the bug completely by accident while working on another dungeon. To be fair, it was someone else who suggested it would make a good halloween dungeon... so I did.

@jayrshaw
Do what The Journeyman said. I don’t think you can get RTC from George’s site anymore, but it’s on the shared drive.
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21A ... 18BAED6EC0
The Journeyman
Craftsman

Post by The Journeyman »

Do what The Journeyman said.
right on, man...that's what ppl need to hear :)

hey, after completing this fun dungeon, I wanted to give your other dungeons a go, starting with the oldest.
The links are down, though. Is there any other place to get it?
The Journeyman
Craftsman

Post by The Journeyman »

never mind, I found it on the almighty sharedonedrive
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I think that’s the only one where the original link is broken.
All my other dungeons are on my mediafire, so the links should all work. They’re all RTC dungeons except for a conversion of ‘Dark Reign’ for DSB and ‘Echoes of Chaos’ which is DSB only.
jayrshaw
Lo Master

Post by jayrshaw »

I got it to work - thanks for the cool mini-game, Saumun! The game was pretty funny throughout, but the ending was especially neat.

--Jay
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

The Journeyman wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:47 pm Happy Halloween y'all!! :twisted: ..which is also a bit of a Dungeon Master Remembrance Day, seeing as how much mummies are out there.

Also I guess at least one poor dog was dressed up as Wuuf at some point maybe..
Found out last night that our granddaughter (yeah, getting old, but grandkids sure are GRAND) dressed up as a wolf. Ha.
Ain't she just the best kind of pumpkin? Makes my Wuuf heart smile.
"Wuuf's big brother"
jayrshaw
Lo Master

Post by jayrshaw »

It's cool that she likes dressing up like your avatar, MasterWuuf! I was told yesterday that my nephew dressed up as a T-Rex for Halloween, so I guess that kind of goes with my lizard-man avatar, too (he apparently refused to wear his mask, though)!

--Jay
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

I spoke with my daughter today and mentioned my avatar. She had forgotten, but was pleased that her girl had chosen to be a wolf.
As soon as I mentioned Wuuf, she laughed and said, "Yeah, I remember Wuuf."
All together: Good daughter, good daughter. :wink:
"Wuuf's big brother"
jayrshaw
Lo Master

Post by jayrshaw »

Yeah - it's cool that your daughter remembers things like that. My mother and sister don't really know much about the games I've played, although I did get my sister to play a couple of them when we were growing up. I got to see some pictures of my nephew today; his T-Rex costume was green and looked somewhat like the avatar I've been using (he also sometimes gets a worried-looking expression on his face similar to one in pictures of myself from when I was his age)...

--Jay