Skullstone

Got a favourite DM type game? Enjoy Eye of the Beholder? Adore Amberstar? Cherish Captive? Discuss these and more here!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Kenshiro
Apprentice

Skullstone

Post by Kenshiro »

It's been awhile since I've posted here, but I saw this game pop up in my Steam recommendations and thought some of you would be interested. It's not out yet, but it looks worth keeping an eye on:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1693290/Skullstone/

http://skullstonegame.com/

It looks quite polished, which was something disappointing me about the handful of games that popped up asfter the success of Grimrock 1 & 2. Some other groups tried but they just didn't have that extra polish that makes everything feel right, in my opinion. Grimrock was the last to have that.

I'm curious to see how this shapes up.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: Skullstone

Post by Ameena »

Hmm, looks very similar to Grimrock. Well, one to bear in mind I suppose.
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

It does seem it might have a 'familiar' look/feel to it (Grimrock mentioned). However, I didn't notice any need to have Spiderman abilities to navigate through it. Unfortunately, that is what frustrated me the most in the Grimrock games. Thanks for letting us know of this upcoming game. I'll try to keep it in mind.
"Wuuf's big brother"
Erik Bauer
Adept

Post by Erik Bauer »

Tried the demo a couple of days ago... tasted a bit dull and generic to me.
I don't know, maybe i wasn't in a good mood, but I was not "dragged into it" like when I played Grimrock or Vaporum
Don't let a closed door stop you