How to close the Pit at the DIABOLICAL DEMON DIRECTOR?

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Bell
Neophyte

How to close the Pit at the DIABOLICAL DEMON DIRECTOR?

Post by Bell »

Hello, master of the dungeon!

Many years ago I really enjoyed playing this type of game.
It's a healthy mix of action and semi-turn based gameplay.
Now I saw that the game is also available for smartphones!

~~~~EDIT BY AMEENA - Spammy link removed~~~~~

The 2nd dungeon is: Chaos Strikes Back. At first I thought it was just a test level, but it turned out to be bigger or a whole game. If things didn't go well, I occasionally consulted solution pages on the Internet. I don't think anyone will be able to do it without help - not the first time you play.

I have a problem! Others before me have done that too.
The one pit/trap in the DIABOLICAL DEMON DIRECTOR in the WAY of ROS (Ninja).

It just doesn't close. The path is described in various walkthroughs.
It's pretty easy there. But there has to be something else that isn't the way it needs to be.

As described, I always walked over the floor plate one floor below. I also teleported the skeleton behind the door, eliminated it and held something (that was there, including the mirror) in front of the eye.

I was able to reach the part from ROS or the sector after the trap via the pitfalls.
But I would still like to finally close the trap!

What should I do?
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Re: How to close the Pit at the DIABOLICAL DEMON DIRECTOR?

Post by Paul Stevens »

You must first visit the hidden dragon level (Where
you found the Emerald Key) and
step on cell 3(31,23). That is in the center of
the open area with pits. That will move a rock
from 3(6,10) to 3(6,11) and is ready to be teleported
when you touch the eye to 2(8,28) where it will
close the pit.
Bell
Neophyte

Post by Bell »

Yes, well... I've run out of time a bit. I've had this problem with this pit for a long time. I also searched a lot on the net. Your answer - and honestly thank you for answering - is consistent with what I already found. The current situation is that I have all 4 pieces and have been ALMOST everywhere. Except (among other things) immediately behind this pit! It really annoys me that I can't close it. With the many searches I also found this great forum here. Opening the account took a moment and I couldn't take care of it on a daily basis.

The slab at position 3(31/23) lies between the pitfalls in the middle of the path and it's almost impossible not to step over it. It is not mentioned anywhere that you have to put something there.
https://drrak.github.io/dungeon-master/csb/?3,31,23

I was also at the eye where you teleport the skeleton behind the lattice door and knock it out there with lightning bolts. It is not specified with which object to touches the eye. Any object :?: . I did that repeatedly too. Back again, the trap was still open.
https://drrak.github.io/dungeon-master/csb/?3,21,25

So like I said, I could never close the trap. So I had to continue the Game without closed Pit. Is it possible that I have "adjusted" something and it is no longer possible to close the trap?

Starting from plate 3(31/23) it is also not exactly specified how to proceed. I read something about the stairs at 3(9/24) being used, but... that's not really conclusive.
Should I go from plate 3(31/23) to the DDD room?
I could take the stairs up there at 2(12/18), then go up to stairs 49 and go down there again, and I'd be back at stairs 2(15/18). Then straight down to the skeleton?
https://drrak.github.io/dungeon-master/csb/?2,12,18
https://drrak.github.io/dungeon-master/csb/?2,15,18
Prince of Elves
Craftsman

Post by Prince of Elves »

There is one thing to consider: judging from the optics it's definitely a remake, not a port. So it MAY be that this particular riddle is not properly implemented. If that is the case, you can try all you want to no avail of course...
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

At least one remake appears to have goofed this up.

I see this web page:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... earchtext=

And someone reports the foillowing
snakeshome Feb 28, 2018 @ 5:20pm
Its a very good Work, Thank you for publishing. But i couldnt go the ros way , the pit in the DDD doesnt close. With magnifier and Mirror of dawn, i show it downstairs at the eye go upstairs and use the switch , nothing happend.Another problem... I have three corbamite, but no Ra door opend. Sorry for my bad english
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Hello Bell. You said in your first post that you're playing on a smartphone. Please be aware that any smartphone version may not be exactly the same as the original game... Including bugs like this one you've discovered.

I would recommend using CSBWin on Windows if you want to be sure you're playing a version that can be completed correctly, and that will match with solutions available on the internet.
Bell
Neophyte

Post by Bell »

Hello again.

Whether the game is buggy or not can probably not be checked by me. But I find it difficult to assume. Why else should everything be implemented so perfectly? But of course it's possible.

I dared to try again. It goes with description here:

+
C. How to close the pit at (02,16,20) (based on hints by Paul R. Stevens)

1. Step on the pressure pad at (03,31,23). This will activate the teleporter at (03,06,10) which will teleport a Rock to (03,06,11). This will also close the walls at (03,20,23) and (03,29,29).

2. Step on the stairs at (03,09,24). This will open the False Wall at (03,29,29).

3. Go to (03,22,22) and use War Cry to corner a Skeleton at (03,21,23). Then quickly press the button at (03,22,22). It will activate the teleporter at (03,21,23), transporting the Skeleton to (03,21,25) where he will be killed by Lightning Bolts shot from (03,29,27) and teleported to (03,21,25). He will drop its Falchion on the floor which will open the door at (03,21,24).
If the false wall at (03,29,29) is closed when you press the button, the Lightning Bolts will be blocked and the Skeleton still alive. However, you can kill him with Des Ven spells through the door.

4. Walk to (03,21,25) and present any item to the Eye Switch. This will activate the teleporter at (03,06,11) that will transport the Rock to (02,08,28). The pressure pad there will then permanently close the pit at (02,16,20).
+

In order to comply with the description, you cannot go directly south from the field in the dragon level of the famous plate to the DDD. Because then the stairs from step 2 would not be accessible. So I took off north and found a way that would let me come out at the stairs. But then I got back to the skeleton via the DDD. Nothing to do with the eye. Used the magnifying glass and mirror on it.

Can you feed objects somewhere that then close the trap?
Does the button in the alcove immediately north of the trap have an impact?
How would you go from the plate in the dragon level to the skeleton?
What kind of Item do you use at the Eye?
m1ckey
Journeyman

Post by m1ckey »

First and foremost, please state the exact platform and version you're fiddling with.

Second, this is a CSB issue not DM.
Bell
Neophyte

Post by Bell »

Hello,
yes I made a mistake when using the forum and ended up in the wrong category. I linked the exact game. Apparently it wasn't compliant and was removed.

The platform is an Android smartphone and
the game is suitaby from the Google PlayStore.
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

I downloaded and played that game. I don't think it is a very
perfect remake of the original. As far as I can tell, even the
Junction does not work properly.

But to be fair, I think it is advertised as "Early Access". I take that
to mean it is still being developed.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Bell wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:44 amI made a mistake when using the forum and ended up in the wrong category.
I've now moved this to the CSB forum.
Bell wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:44 amThe platform is an Android smartphone and the game is suitaby from the Google PlayStore.
There are no "officially allowed" conversions of the game to be found on smartphones. If you're playing one of these, you should expect them to work differently from the original game, or even not at all!
Bell
Neophyte

Post by Bell »

Hello and thank you for your messages.

Actually it's funny. So I no longer have the muse to sit at the PC and play there for a long time. Also not on any consoles. I liked the implementation of the game - apart from small bugs - very much. But it was "so difficult" in parts that I looked into the instructions and plans. And it actually all went very well. So I was convinced that I must have made a mistake. So your analysis is unsatisfactory for me. But it could actually be true.

However, the quoted instructions also make no sense. Position 2 doesn't make sense and doesn't work that way.

I'll see if the provider wants to check that... Thank you for your help.
NilesFoglight
Novice

Post by NilesFoglight »

I am stuck at the exact same place, on the Android version. I have played it 2 ties before, and the first time I got stuck at the exact same place.

The second time I just went down and used an arrow or something ninja-like on the eye and it worked beautifully on the Android remake.

So, something is weird here, sometimes it is easy, and sometimes it feels impossible. Annoying, but it should be possible since I have done it once.

Any more ideas?
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

Did you read the second post in this thread? Did you prepare the
rock to be teleported?
NilesFoglight
Novice

Post by NilesFoglight »

Hi! Thanks for the reply.

Yep, been there twice, just to make sure that the stone is moved in place. I guess it doesn't matter if I go there multiple times? If the stone is moved, it is moved I guess?

I wonder if there has been some hickup since I did NETA first? Is it really any object that can be shown to the eye?