Hey guys

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
hellbringer21
Neophyte

Hey guys

Post by hellbringer21 »

New to the forum.

I am 40 years old. and used to watch my dad play DM1 when i was 4 or 5, he played on amiga .

My favourite DM by FLT is Dm2 , My dad hates this game and said i am not a real fan of the games (lmao)

I found RTC (ragemole) website while looking for black crypt for pc in a hope someone made it fan made , and have been playing RTC since around 2002. The only thing i dont like about RTC is in DM2 the monster don't stay in there areas (lol) but other than that its got all three games and custom dungeons.

I have also used CBSWIN and beat both games.

So thanks Paul and George for the great games.

Ps there are some RTC custom dungeons that are not here on Modb if you like that sort of thing.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: Hey guys

Post by Ameena »

Hiya, welcome to the forum :). I think DM2 is generally thought of as "less good" compared to DM and CSB, because it changed a lot of stuff and is generally fairly short. Some of the stuff was cool, though, like the minion maps were fun (did anyone not have porter minions carry all their tons of axes back to the weapon shop to sell? :D) and it was nice to have an outdoor area, change things up a bit.
RTC does have all three games, yeah, though they are made from scratch and so are not fully accurate to the original games. CSBWin is a port of the Atari version (which is the one I used to play), and I'm not sure about DSB but that's another one (made by Sophia).
Lo Master

Post by jayrshaw »

Welcome to the forum, hellbringer21! - you're basically in the same age group that I am in. The only game in the Dungeon Master series I have actually played myself is the SNES version of the original Dungeon Master, so I mainly tend to monitor and post in the subforum for that game in particular.

--Jay
ParuNexus
Adept

Post by ParuNexus »

welcome, i'm 43 so pretty similar age yourself, I first discovered DM from Atari like maybe 9 or 10. I lost the Atari machines, So i would consider myself more of a PC DM as i would grow to play that alot more. I also really enjoy DM2 but call it a guilty pleasure because of how easy the game is. I Do have the sega CD version of DM2 but dont have the system to play it, But I'm probably best known for being a fan of the Sega Saturn version: Dungeon Master Nexus. its just so amazing what they have created and more amazing all the detailed information thats exists about the games. including the various file formats pinpoint the exact differences from other ports or even things like "amiga dungeon master 2.2 has kid dungeon". If your up for chatting I created the discord for all the DM games.
Want to talk about Dungeon master, or shoot the breeze, come check out Dungeon Master Discord(not affiliated with
other DM series sites) @ https://discord.gg/5YzEcPT