[Custom dungeon] Dungeon Master 2 - Legend of Skullkeep [DM PC] [Toni Ylisirniö]

Custom dungeons for DM/CSB/DM2 on PC, Amiga, Atari ST and any other platforms.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Toni Y
Adept

[Custom dungeon] Dungeon Master 2 - Legend of Skullkeep [DM PC] [Toni Ylisirniö]

Post by Toni Y »

Platform: DM PC
Author: Toni Ylisirniö
Email address: tylisirn@multi.fi
Date published: 1999, December 27
Date last updated: 1999, December 27

Story:
Same as Dungeon Master 2

Aim:
Get rid of Lord Chaos. You'll be given firestaff to do so when you enter the zo-link gate.

Notes:
Programs used: DMute 1.3

This is as close as possible to the original Dungeon Master 2. I wasn't able to recreate some puzzles, but they are mostly replaced with my own versions. I didn't have maps for the cellars and caves so I have made them as I remembered (not well). Also items are mostly from memory.

The outside area is mapped closely, but it is not entirely accurate. I had to make some areas smaller and if you try to map it on paper, well, good luck. Some areas won't mach properly. Skulkeep itself is nearly 1:1. I had to fiddle a bit with stairs and such.

Shops work very different from DM2. When you enter you'll see the shop guard (stone golem in The Town, knights in the village) and a coin slot. Put a gold coin in slot and door opens. You can then browse the shop. To buy simply step into the same square as the item. You'll figure it out. (Oh, yes. The shop in the second village needs a blue gem).
The Town, clockwise: your house, the teleport room, armor shop, tavern, and weapon shop.
The 2nd Village: Tavern and equipment shop.

The Armorer sells a full plate set (two pieces per purchase), chain set and two full sets of clothes (elven and wizard). Tavern sells torches and food (and water).
Weapon Shop has Axe, Sword, Mace of Order, Crossbow (& arrows). Put a coin in second slot and you can buy delta and diamond edge.
The equipment shop has The Inquisitor, The Hardcleave and full Armor of Lyf on sale for one blue gem a piece.

You use the Mirror of Dawn to teleport at some tech eyes. Stairs work as usual. Ladders are substituted with teleporters. If wall behind the teleporter is marked with a dent then the teleporter is ladder.
Upper dent means up and lower means down.

Instructions:
Copy the DM2.DAT file over your DUNGEON.DAT in /DATA/ folder. Don't forget to backup your original DUNGEON.DAT! Start the game as normal.

Download:
Download this dungeon from this Shared OneDrive (in the 'Custom Dungeons' folder)
Toni Ylisirniö
Author of Grave of King Millias, Return of Chaos, and DM2 dungeons.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Custom dungeon 'Dungeon Master 2 - Legend of Skullkeep' review by Michael Hutton (a.ka. Beowuuf)

Post by beowuuf »

Reviewer: Michael Hutton (a.ka. Beowuuf)
Gameplay: 8
Originality: 8. Ok, so it's DM 2 - the ways this was achieved, and the fact it was done tried on DM at all, is quite remarkable.
Difficulty: Don't know, so far found it hard due to the creatures you first encounter.
Puzzles: 7. Some nice interpretations.
Size: 9. Suite large from when I checked through DMute.
Replayability: Lol, no clue!
Craft: 9. Getting round the DM limits to build up the dungeon - so impressive!
Game Ending: Dunno! :)
Atmosphere: 4. Oddly, in aping DM 2, which I know the look of, and with having the monster out of context to represent others, I didn't feel much DM atmosphere, which is why I've never got round to playing it.
Overall: Dunno! need to play it more.
Best part: So far - realising the tricks in lay out.
Worst part: Comparing the look to DM 2 and not connecting with it.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!