[Custom dungeon] Small Demo Dungeon [DM PC, CSBWin] [Guillaume Bastard (a.k.a Sphenx)]

Custom dungeons for DM/CSB/DM2 on PC, Amiga, Atari ST and any other platforms.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Sphenx
On Master

[Custom dungeon] Small Demo Dungeon [DM PC, CSBWin] [Guillaume Bastard (a.k.a Sphenx)]

Post by Sphenx »

Platform: DM PC, CSBWin
Author: Guillaume Bastard (a.k.a Sphenx)
Email address: gb_sphenx@hotmail.com
Date published: 2002, September 9
Date last updated: 2002, September 9

Notes:
Well, I don't really how to name this dungeon .. but it's not important. I call it Demo Dungeon because it is the first dungeon entirely done with DMbuild, so you can view it within the editor. Of course you should prefer not to do this if you want to play it.
Here you'll get 2 versions of a 4-levels playable dungeon. One is for DM PC, and the other is for CSB4Win.

And a stupid number: this dungeon contains in 4 levels more actuators than in the original 14 levels DM dungeon!

Download:
Download this dungeon from this Shared OneDrive (in the 'Custom Dungeons' folder)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Custom dungeon 'Small Demo Dungeon' review by Michael Hutton (a.ka. Beowuuf)

Post by beowuuf »

Reviewer: Michael Hutton (a.ka. Beowuuf)
Gameplay: 7. Despite being small, good puzzles, linear progression, though monster flood troubles meant I don't think I could finish it!
Originality: 7. I think it has a feel all of its own.
Difficulty: 10. In a bad way, because I couldn't finish it (characters starved to hip deep in clubs and armour!) - before that, 7 - good progression of difficulty.
Puzzles: 6. Good puzzles, good progression, but nothing you will scratch your head over for too long.
Size: 4. Uses the levels well, but there isn't that many!
Replayability: 6. It's linear, so I think once you solve it you've solved it - the fact that there are lots of new characters with new stats could keep you coming back through.
Craft: 7. There are a number of nice set pieces like the knight room, flame room and the building up of the original room as you progress.
Game Ending: I don't know how close I was to the finish... The fact I died still fighting was frustrating though... But I did keep fighting til the end!
Atmosphere: 8. Definite feel to the game, the construction as you walk the various paths feel is... tight? Hard to describe.
Overall: 7. Very playable, good even though small - if only Sphenx wasn't busy with editors that were cool I'd be wishing he'd build a full dungeon!
Best part: The knight room.
Worst part: Not managing to finish because of death by monster flood.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!