[April Fool's] Next generation of DSB AI

This forum is for the Lua scriptable clone of DM/CSB called Dungeon Strikes Back by Sophia. Use DSB to build your own highly customised games.

Moderator: Sophia

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

[April Fool's] Next generation of DSB AI

Post by Sophia »

I've always been proud of the monster AI in DSB, but with advanced AI technology becoming more commonplace, I figured it was time to incorporate some of this interesting new technology into DSB, adding AI to not just the monsters but every other aspect of the gameplay experience as well. You'll need a powerful graphics card for these improvements, but, don't worry, the graphics haven't actually improved! It just needs lots of power in order to run the AI behind the scenes.

That isn't to say the graphics are going to be the same old thing. Dynamic AI-generated monster images replace most of the standard art. Since the usual result is some sort of body horror with three hands and an uncanny valley face, this also makes DM exciting and scary again! Since your own champion images are also generated the same way, you might even get to be scarier than the monsters. ChatGPT provides conversation snippets between the characters, which means they'll mostly lecture you on how it's important to be polite and respectful while you're beating up monsters.

For extra challenge, I've been developing a sophisticated AI engine for determining the most annoying thing that could happen to you in the current situation and doing exactly that. Parts of the dungeon that you haven't seen aren't actually determined until you go there, and dynamically creates whatever you probably least wanted to find at that moment. Generally speaking this just means that there are gigglers and portraits of Mophus everywhere, but I'm still tweaking it.

That's not to say that I haven't improved the monster AI, too. Monsters now use sophisticated machine learning algorithms to plan out complicated strategies and attack patterns. Gone are the days when monsters will just blindly run at you in order to get fireballed and slammed under doors! Now they'll devise a sophisticated plan and carry it out, with advanced tactics like using a screamer for bait and ambushing you, 90% of the level being empty and every monster jumping you at once, gigglers stealing your party members' pants, crashing the game to make you lose progress when things don't go their way, and other advanced tactics.

Even more exciting features are coming soon!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: Next generation of DSB AI

Post by Ameena »

As soon as I saw the title of this new post I realised it was there because of the date...but actually, randomly-generated monster appearances based on a random list of keywords produced each run of the game might actually be really cool, in a messed-up sort of way. One time you meet a monster that's just made of a bunch of arms with totally screwed-up-looking fingers crawling toward you, another it's got three heads from different monsters but all their eyes are weird and they somehow move on several distorted-looking legs, and so on. Just some kind of eldritch realm of omg wtf is that :O. :D
Arch Master

Post by Bit »

:lol: :!:
I love traditions. :!:
Stingm
Apprentice

Post by Stingm »

I always look forward to April 1 for Sophia's post.
Prince of Elves
Craftsman

Post by Prince of Elves »

YMMD :D (once again)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Sounds amazing. You should generate some associated NFTs. They're totally, like, the future and will be worth millions.