Dungeon Master II - Temple of Ra (Concept)

Custom dungeons for DM/CSB/DM2 on PC, Amiga, Atari ST and any other platforms.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Sphenx
On Master

Dungeon Master II - Temple of Ra (Concept)

Post by Sphenx »

I have ideas for DM2 custom dungeons since many years, but never got really far with these. Following my recent works on DCS/DM/DM2, I finally decided to make a step forward and develop some of these ideas.
I wanted to explore more of the areas surrounding Skullkeep and imagined the Temple of Ra that would hold a piece of the Clan Key.
I started a new dungeon from scratch (it is not based upon the design of DM2 maps), built some new puzzles (not always working), added "new" creatures ...
Here is what I can show you for the moment :
I hope to show more very soon
Prince of Elves
Craftsman

Re: Dungeon Master II - Temple of Ra (Concept)

Post by Prince of Elves »

Loving that wall-eye and your lamp posts/fire chalices are cool too (well, hot...)
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

Looks promising!
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

You can download the "dungeon" here : Temple of Ra (Concept)

Just have in mind that this is a work-in-progress dungeon that I use to understand better DM2 mechanisms; hence there is stuff not working as expecting or behaving a little weird. At least there is some new areas to explore.
I still have some issues with wall texts/scrolls so here is one hint : to enter the Temple of Ra, you need to find a Vexirk undergrounds.
Have a good exploration!
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

I made some adjustments because a nasty creature/item stack was corrupting the savegames which could not load back ... Fixed now.
I also now have a better control of wall texts / scroll texts and added back information and context within the game.

I have added a little map of this small world to help checking the different zones.
Here is how it goes : the Temple of Ra is located north-east; the Cemetery is west; the Tower of Ros is south, and the Mist Forest is west. And of course some caves underground.

There are still improvements to be done, especially for the creature behavior, but this requires more understanding of internal values and animation definitions.

Download : Temple of Ra (Concept)

Have a good exploration !