[Not a bug] Cut scene image bug

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
danielcg
Apprentice

[Not a bug] Cut scene image bug

Post by danielcg »

I discovered the bug when I am testing my dungeon and triggering my custom cut scene. If my image size is 640x480 then it would start at 1/8 from top and cut off at bottom. If my image size is 640x400 then it display them correctly (centered).

My image size is 640x480 and is supposed to display ENTIRE screen on my monitor (no border) but it displayed my image look like shifted down, it did not start at top of the monitor but started just below top of the monitor (RTC produced top border that is not supposed to occur) so bottom of my image are cut off.

My position I entered are already set to 0,0.

I know it is a bug because I am using digital LCD monitor with digital signal so the position is ALWAYS correct on all resolution(s).
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

This isn't a bug it's doing exactly what it's meant to!

By default all cut scene bitmaps are shown with their top left corner in the top left corner of the standard DM view. Critically, this is independent of the resolution of your monitor.

If you want to show it somewhere else, then just change the offset of the bitmap. For example - in your case, you need to set the position to (0,-40) and you'll get the behaviour that you want.

BTW; the reason for doing it this way is so that the bitmap always gets displayed in the right place. If it did what you were suggesting, then your cut scene would appear differently to different people depending on their monitors settings. Equally, if the bitmap was always centered, then it would be less flexible; for example, it would be harder to display several small images in different parts of the screen (e.g. buttons).
danielcg
Apprentice

Post by danielcg »

Thank you so much! I will change offset to 0,-40. DM view is appeared to be fixed 640x400 (not 640x480) so top and bottom have 40 lines border.

:)